Rogue Prince's Hideout [SimonSays, GlacierKnight] - Easy Labyrinth (END)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if scraggy prioritized jack, then why would it use only a stat altering move on him and attack me? it would see jack as the bigger threat, and attack him. thats what priority means right? im just a bit confused.

i gave a pant of irritation. My comrade's commands were not doing so hot, and i knew that if and when Scraggy thought Gavin to be a threat he would be hurt badly. I muttered under my breath and gave that Scraggy a full examination. Then i glanced around the room. There has to be something we can do, i thought, trying desperately to make this battle turn in our favor. Keep hammering it Gavin, i finally call out, distressed about what will happen next.

Brick Break~ Aerial Ace
If Scraggy HJKs Gavin then Dodge

Simon grimaced. He was not happy about his current state, but maybe it was time to make a tactical retreat. However, if our partner seems set on holding our ground, then we will stand by him, albeit at our own expense.

Force Palm ~ Force Palm
IF (Zen Headbutt), THEN (Counter)

by the way simon, after lou posts this round, we need to get on IRC and chat so we can discuss game plans. lou told me something that has changed my perspective, so we need to collaborate

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
HP: 72 / 90 En: 77% Speed: 69 Ranks: 3/1/2/2 Chills: 10 remaining Status: Accuracy -1
HP: 83 / 90 En: 81% Speed: 115 Ranks: 4/2/1/3 Chills: 10 remaining Status:

HP: 215 / 90 En: 285% Speed: 48 Ranks: 4/3/1/3 Status:

Scraggy - Scary Face (Riolu) | Scary Face (Sneasel)

Turn 1

Gavin used Brick Break on Scraggy!
Critical Roll: 625 > 7235 (No)
(8 + 6 - 3) * 1.5 = 16.5 ~ 16 Damage
-8 En

Jack used Force Palm on Scraggy!
Slick ice cuts Jack Knave's accuracy! (-20)
Attack Roll: 7000 > 964 (Hit)
Critical Roll: 625 > 31 (Yes)
Paralysis Roll: 3000 > 8576 (No)
A critical hit!
(6 + 3 + 3 + 4.5 - 3) * 1.5 = 20.25 ~ 20 Damage
-5 En

Scraggy used Scary Face on Jack!
Attack Roll: 9000 > 1259 (Hit)
Jack's speed harshly fell!
-6 En

Turn 2

Gavin used Aerial Ace on Scraggy!
Critical Roll: 625 > 8977 (No)
(6 + 6 - 3) * 1.5 = 13.5 ~ 13 Damage
-6 En

Jack used Hi Jump Kick on Scraggy!
Slick ice cuts Jack Knave's accuracy! (-20)
Attack Roll: 6000 > 900 (Hit)
Critical Roll: 625 > 9948 (No)
(13 + 3 + 4.5 - 3) * 1.5 = 26.25 ~ 26 Damage
-7 En

Scraggy used Scary Face on Gavin!
Attack Roll: 9000 > 7628 (Hit)
Gavin's speed harshly fell!
-10 En

Scraggy finally sets itself into a serious stance - now, it seems, it will try to return the damage it took. Best be wary...
HP: 72 / 90 En: 77% Speed: 69 Ranks: 3/1/2/2 Chills: 10 remaining Status: Speed -2 (19 Spe), Accuracy -1
HP: 83 / 90 En: 81% Speed: 115 Ranks: 4/2/1/3 Chills: 10 remaining Status: Speed -2 (32 Spe)

HP: 150 / 90 En: 269% Speed: 48 Ranks: 4/3/1/3 Status:

Simon wiped his brow with a handkerchief, sweating despite the cold. Riolu was not enjoying the cold or the ice, but it was not showing on his face. Rather, he took a deep breath, steam coming from his lips. "Say, that's not too bad an idea... But it'll have to wait for when we have the speed for it. For now, keep pushing Jack!"

Force Palm ~ Agility

This is not good! I think to myself. I go back to what i did before hand, and scrape my mind for every entire detail and event that had happened so far on this journey. i thought of the delibird, the gift, then icy columns, the piles of berries, the pestel and mortar, the fleeing purrlion, the hiding scraggy, the- wait dammit! i sudden had an Epiphany. Thats all we need! the Pestel! why are we fighting this thing at all? i cry to simon, who suddenly turns pale. we have been putting our adventure in jeopardy for no reason! Sweating harshly and blushing embarrassingly, i call to my Gavin to retreat.

Gavin is going to grab the mortar and pestel that struck our eyes before, then grab onto Jack and use faint attack to send himself and jack into the shadows and retreat back into the guardian room. also the below commands are for during the combat phase

Fake Out Scraggy~Ice Punch Scraggy

(these subs are for a2)
Body Block Jack if Scraggy uses Zen headbutt on jack

If Scraggy tries to Drain Punch you then Agilidogde

After combat Gavin will grab the mortar/pestel, take jack into his faint attack and leave the room to enter the guardian room.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
HP: 72 / 90 En: 77% Speed: 69 Ranks: 3/1/2/2 Chills: 10 remaining Status: Speed -2 (19 Spe), Accuracy -1
HP: 83 / 90 En: 81% Speed: 115 Ranks: 4/2/1/3 Chills: 10 remaining Status: Speed -2 (32 Spe)

HP: 150 / 90 En: 285% Speed: 48 Ranks: 4/3/1/3 Status:

Scraggy - Detect | Counter
Scraggy will not follow his fleeing opponents.

Combat Turn 1

Scraggy used Detect!
Scraggy protected himself!
-7 En

Gavin used Fake Out on Scraggy!
(4 + 6 - 4.5) = 5.5 ~ 5
Scraggy lost 2 En!
-4 En

Jack used Force Palm on Scraggy!
(6 + 3 + 4.5 - 3) * 1.5 = 15.75 ~ 15
Scraggy lost 5 En!
-5 En

Combat Turn 2

Jack used Agility!
Jack returned to normal speed!

Gavin used Ice Punch!
Critical Roll: 625 > 4093 (No)
Freeze Roll: 1250 > 4591 (No)
(8 + 3 + 6 - 4.5) = 12.5 ~ 12 Damage
-7 En

Scraggy used Counter!
Countered Gavin's Ice Punch!
12 * 1.5 = 18 Damage!
-11 En.

Movement Step

Glacier moved from Room 3 to Room 2 with Gavin.

Gavin took Jack to Room 2.

The Scraggy seems to be glad to be rid of you - Gavin had deftly filched a set of mortar and pestle as you made your withdrawal. Were fights in the storage areas really that common? Perhaps you'd find out yet. As you leave, Scraggy makes a show of flexing and throwing its arms up in "intimidating" poses.

You're back in the Statue Room now. The three statues are waiting, silent as ever, for something to be placed in their hands. The north door seems to be shut as solidly as when you first entered. The room is silent after the door to Cold Storage closes.
You now possess a mortar and pestle!

Simon, you'll have to reunite with your Pokémon if you want to be able to interact with anything.

HP: 72 / 90 En: 72% Speed: 69 Ranks: 3/1/2/2 Chills: 10 remaining Status:
HP: 65 / 90 En: 70% Speed: 115 Ranks: 4/2/1/3 Chills: 10 remaining Status: Speed -2 (32 Spe)

HP: 138 / 90 En: 260% Speed: 48 Ranks: 4/3/1/3 Status:

Room 0: Outside
Room 1: Entrance Hall
Room 2: Statue Room [Glacier, Jack, Gavin]
Room 3: Cold Storage [Simon, Scraggy]
Room 4: ???
Room 5: ???

Simon stood there, wide-eyed. "Well... I'll just leave then, shall I?"

Reunite with Jack and Glacier in the Statue room, Inspecting the Northern Door.

Jack: Chill

As Simon entered the Main room i bowed apologetically, then explained to him my thoughts. He nodded, then strolled over to the north door. the Purrloin was running that way. maybe it really wasnt locked? I looked to my side and found Gavin licking his icy claws, which were pink with blood. Im sorry about that buddy, i said sadly, truely upset at myself for putting my team in danger for no reason. You chill out, and i will see where that pestel and mortar go. Gavin nodded and handed me the special items.

Gavin will rest and chill, restoring energy

i will take the pestel and mortar and place it in the hands of the eastward statue (the woman using a tool)

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
HP: 72 / 90 En: 72% Speed: 69 Ranks: 3/1/2/2 Chills: 10 remaining Status:
HP: 65 / 90 En: 70% Speed: 115 Ranks: 4/2/1/3 Chills: 10 remaining Status:

Non-Combat Turn

Gavin chills.
+12 En.

Jack chills.
+12 En.

Trainer Turn

Glacier interacts with the East Statue.
See flavor.

Simon inspects the North Door.
See flavor.

Recuperating from the fight in Cold Storage, you examine the northern doorway, looking for a catch or lever to open it with; alas, mundane observation turns up no such mechanism. It is still firmly locked, and denies you entry into the north room. Looking at it this closely, though, you find that the door isn't plainly flat as it appears at first glance - the left side is carved with an intricate, angular crystalline motif, whereas the right side is etched with a wavy, wispy design. Both sides are very abstract, with no noticeable overall picture.

As you set the tools into the hands of the east-facing statue, the stone hands sag under the minuscule weight of the implements. Baffled for but a moment, the statue answers with a loud click and a churning that comes from the door to the north. The angular side lights up in a light azure hue, and glows faintly as if the light were buried under a meter-thick layer some transparent substance. The door still shows no signs of opening, however.
HP: 72 / 90 En: 84% Speed: 69 Ranks: 3/1/2/2 Chills: 9 remaining Status:
HP: 65 / 90 En: 82% Speed: 115 Ranks: 4/2/1/3 Chills: 9 remaining Status:

Simon sighed, leaning against the stone wall from tiredness. He instantly regretted it, drawing his hand away and holding it firmly in his pocket, the cold slowly fading back out of it. "Jack, rest up. It's time to keep moving forward."

Jack: Chill

After his rest, I believe we will all be going through the Western Door

I shook my head, letting the blood rush to my brain to think properly. Chill a bit more Gavin, i called, and then we will head out.

Gavin will Chill

After he chills we will go through the western door

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
HP: 72 / 90 En: 84% Speed: 69 Ranks: 3/1/2/2 Chills: 9 remaining Status:
HP: 65 / 90 En: 82% Speed: 115 Ranks: 4/2/1/3 Chills: 9 remaining Status:

Non-combat turn

Gavin chills.
+12 En.

Jack chills.
+12 En.

Movement Turn

Glacier and Simon go through the western door.
See flavor.

[box]This room is a rough mirror of the Cold Storage room, but its contents are quite different. In the center of the room sits a colossal pile of metal scrap - all manor of rusted-out electronics, auto parts, all the way back to old helmets and long-dead and desecrated coins. Metal from every era seems to have been assembled here for some indeterminable reason. The heap is extremely unsteady and sharp in many places, and at the top is planted a long pike with a battle standard on its end. On that battle standard, sits a Murkrow. It regards you intently, and makes no moves of its own.[/box]

HP: 72 / 90 En: 96% Speed: 69 Ranks: 3/1/2/2 Chills: 8 remaining Status:
HP: 65 / 90 En: 94% Speed: 115 Ranks: 4/2/1/3 Chills: 8 remaining Status:
HP: ??? / 90 En: ???% Speed: 91 Ranks: 4/2/2/2 Status:

Room 0: Outside
Room 1: Entrance Hall
Room 2: Statue Room
Room 3: Cold Storage
Room 4: "Treasure" Room [Glacier, Jack, Gavin, Simon, Murkrow]
Room 5: ???

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
Notice: Order Types have been codified.

These are the kinds of orders you can give. The Phase orders are processed from the top down.

Simon, you were allowed to separate from your Pokémon previously, but that is no longer allowed. Each Explorer and their team move as a unit; the past turns will be left alone, but future turns will force moving with your Pokémon.

Glacier and Simon get each a bonus CC, because a new rule was added.

Simon takes a deep breath. The steam coming forth from his mouth clouding his vision temporarily. "Actually, that's not a bad idea. Let's just hope he'll appreciate the gesture."

Jack and Myself will search for Flammable Materials within the Room, and collect them in a pile in front of Murkrow.

I studied this room and its contents hard. the last room we could have gone through much easier, and we didnt because of lack of analyzing. I thought to myself and i took a seat, shifting my armour so i could rest. the creaking of the polished metal suddenly jagged my thoughts. Delibird liked my gift becuase of its property. Maybe Murkrow would like a gift that is composed of the same things it has stock piled and stored?

I sit up, and look at the Murkrow, who turns to me. now i have its attention. I smile through my helmet, then remove it gracefully, and walking slowly to the metal pile i raise it up. "would you like a gift Friend?" i call out. "This is shiny trophy is much better and all your other rusty wares." then I turn to gavin. Buddy, maybe this pokemon needs more presents. just in case he doesnt like this one enough. He nods and creates what he did before

I am going to take off my helmet that i am wearing (shiny metal knight armour) and raise it to murkrow as a gift

Gaving will create an ice shard crystal like the one he gave to delibird

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.

Non-combat Turn

Gavin made a cryst.

Jack searched the room.
Jack found a few things and piled them.
Jack found a Chople Berry and gave it to Simon.

Trainer Turn

Simon searched the room.
Simon found a few things and piled them.
Simon found a Flying Gem.

Glacier communicated with Murkrow.

[box]Throughout the room, Simon and Jack find all manner of flammable objects - the handles of tools, various fabrics, and other miscellania. You also find a berry and gem - perhaps worth keeping. Assembled in a pile and presented to Murkrow, they draw only a quizzical look. Why would you offer it things that already belong to it?

Glacier draws its attention, bragging about his helmet compared to the hoard. Such nerve! Murkrow flutters down and begins picking through the bottom of the heap; he pulls out many articles of finery and tarnished, broken jewelry, as if to one-up Glacier. The standard at the top of the heap slides down a ways, but stays embedded in the pile. It's a short climb away, but the pile looks sharp and foreboding.[/box]

Simon turned the gorgeous Flying Gem over in his hands, the light reflecting off of its crystalline surface. "Wow... Just, wow..." Putting it reluctantly in his bag, he turns to his partner-explorer. "Glacier, I feel that this would do you more good during this dwell than I." He smiles, handing the little Chople berry to his armoured companion. "As for you, Jack, our host is not at home in this Icy Temple. Perhaps we can offer it a simple creature comfort? If I remember correctly, the myth of the Phoenix being reborn in fire is based upon real-life ravens and crows warming themselves against fires to clean themselves of parasites."

Trainer: Give the Chople Berry to Glacier Knight.

Jack Knave: Offer to Blaze Kick the flammable materials pile for Murkrow.

I inhale sharply as my actions didn't go as planned. I take the berry from simon, but before giving it to my pokemon i think cautiously. What if the murkrow decides to claim this as his own? we don't want it angry because we stole its goods. I turn to gavin, and nod at him to come up next to me. Then, nudging gavin to follow me, i give a deep bow and raise the helmet up to the bird. Gavin does not like such acts of submission, but he knows its better this way, so he kneels and offers his crystal as well. "Please take the item you take fancy to the most. You can even have both if you wish. All we ask for is peace and the Battle Standard, if that would be Ok."

i take the chople berry from simon, then I kneel and offer the Helmet

Gavin kneels and offers the Ice Crystal

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
HP: ??? / 90 En: 100% Speed: 91 Ranks: 4/2/2/2 Status:

Non-Combat Turn

Gavin communicates with Murkrow.

Jack communicates with Murkrow.
Murkrow is busy.

Trainer Turn
Simon gives a Chople Berry to Glacier.

Simon is idle.

Glacier assists Gavin.

[box]Murkrow returns to its perch on the battle standard, having donned an elaborate black pearl on a gold chain; it's really quite a stunning piece. As you offer the cryst and the helmet to him, he puffs out his chest to indicate this necklace - he's obviously quite proud of it. He lifts the battle standard from the pile momentarily, dropping it back a the top proper. Once it is firmly embedded in the pile, he perches on it.[/box]

"Alright, so you didn't quite hear me, Murkrow. Heat, warmth. You like those things, right?"

Jack Knave: Offer to Blaze Kick the flammable materials pile for Murkrow.

I give a sharp exhale, then get up. Ok, i guess he doesnt want a present. its better than fighting. i shake my head, getting that option out of my head. Fighting will give us a one way ticket OUT of here, and we want to go farther.

i place my helmet back on, and pocket gavin's ice shard. this whole hideout is freezing, and my outer armor is chilly too, so i have no worries that it will melt. Maybe it could be useful down the road? if we make it farther.

Anyway, as simon offers our last chance as peace, i take gavin around and search the room. Maybe we can find some things our Partner missed?

I will take gavin's ice crystal and search the room
Gavin will give me his ice crystal and search the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)