1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Celever, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celever

Celever

Well, after talking about how feraligatr is more bad ass than typhlosion in the favorite starters thread, I figured I could start a thread. You can talk about bad ass pokemon generally, but every week or so I will put two bad ass pokemon that are related in some way and you guys can debate on who is the most bad ass, placing votes for each of the pokemon. At the end of each week (although the weeks will be extended if the discussion is still in full-swing) I will take in the votes and the results will be put in the OP. You may change your vote at any time, but this is a discussion thread. Please put reasoning for your votes. I will vote after discussion has already been made each week, although most I will probably have an idea for who I am voting for.

Round I (because roman numerals are bad ass)
    [​IMG]VS[​IMG]

And the winner is.....
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Round II

[​IMG]VS[​IMG]

And the winner is.....
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Round III
    [​IMG]VS[​IMG]

And the winner is.....
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Round IV
    [​IMG] VS [​IMG]

And the winner is...
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Round V
    [​IMG] VS[/B[​IMG]

And the winner...
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Round VI
    [​IMG] VS [​IMG]

And the winner is...
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Round VII
    [​IMG]VS[​IMG]
    And the winner is....
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Round VIII
    [​IMG]VS[​IMG]

And the winner is...
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Round IX
    [​IMG]VS[​IMG]

And the winner is...
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Round X

Enjoy this guys!
  2. RODANK

RODANK im a meat collector
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

both are terrible because almost every "badass" design from gen 3 is "lets add razors and giant claws to things that dont need it"

i choose zangoose though, because seviper is literally one of the worst pokemon ever
    Gabe likes this.
  3. Shiruba

Shiruba

jsyk it's either "badass" or "bad-ass" because "bad ass" means that your behind is imitating michael jackson.

that said, i used seviper in platinum and it was awesome. go sevvy.

fiiine i'll elaborate. mostly because i really love snakes, honestly. zangoose is pretty cool, don't get me wrong, but seviper is just a lot cooler looking/is a snake.
  4. Eagle4

Eagle4

You can see that Zangoose was specifically designed to be a "bad-ass" pokemon. However, to me he looks more angst teen than anything, and that tail is really off-putting.

Seviper, on the other hand, comes off as cool without trying. Sure I wouldn't call it badass as such, but the colour scheme is good and the blade tail is great and doesn't make the design boring (All Zangoose is is a white sorta-anime creature with red patterns). So giving the vote to Seviper

I'll be tuning in every so often to place my votes and stuff, although with the way OI discussion is, 1 week seems a bit too long a wait.

Also shhh Rodan GEN 3 is the best generation :<
  5. TeamEmpoleon

TeamEmpoleon

@celever, are you going to put Meloetta in? yes? thanks

Zangoose btw
    as seviper sucks
  6. This. Seconding the vote for Seviper.
  7. Celever

Celever

Don't forget, this is a discussion thread! Eagle4 did a good job explaining his vote, but no one else. :(

Anyway, from the start I was gonna vote for Seviper since it is bad-ass without trying. Like completely.

We need some discussion though, and I will leave it open probably 3 days unless discussion totally dies.
  8. Jean mi

Jean mi

I vote for Zangoose. Even if I also like Seviper, I prefer cats to snakes, white to black and Zangoose looks more like an honourable fighter while Seviper is more likely to hit from behind.
  9. kaps

kaps

Zangoose is one of my favorite normal types. Give it slash and it wrecks house. I never liked Seviper either, so Zangoose definitely gets my vote here.
  10. Magcargo

Magcargo That's Onii-sama to you
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Zangoose is better in both design and stats. Seviper is basically an arbok wannabe.
  11. Hulavuta

Hulavuta twins are really cool
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

More like the other way around. Arbok does evolve into Seviper, after all. ;D
  12. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

... Seviper isn't that competitively bad. It's got dual base 100 offensive stats. Sure, it's a little slow and not all that bulky, but that's why it's NU. Use it in that tier, it's perfect.
    That aside, I'm giving the win to, obviously, Seviper, because snakes are awesome.

NO.
    It's better.
  13. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

I used Seviper in the battle factory once. It failed me horribly. Meanwhile Zangoose has been doing all kinds of crazy damage over in tiershift. Soooo.... I'll go with the mongoose.
  14. Spork

Spork

that's pretty badass

I've always had affection for Zangoose~
  15. M. Rock

M. Rock

16. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

Seviper for me :) It is way more badass for various reasons stated above. Plus, it attacked Jessie's HAIR and we all know what happened at that point!

Also, the Battle Pike woman has one :3 None of the other Battle Frontier have a Zangoose...
  17. Celever

Celever

Ok, I'm gonna leave this open probably 4 hours from this post! (this is mainly because this rounf has generated no discussion...) Be sure to get your votes in; right now they are:
    [​IMG] 7

[​IMG] 8

If you think rounds should be longer, then just post or bring it up on #orangeislands. Next round I am thinking of having a discussion day or two and then a voting day or two.

In rounds I will also be accepting suggestions for the next round. I have ideas for the next 2 or 3 rounds, and the round starting about 4 hours from this post is already set in stone, but you can suggest things anyhow!

Edit: No rounds end in ties, so it could well be next vote wins.
  18. cant say

cant say no really I cant
    is a Pre-Contributor

Zangoose wins

[​IMG]
  19. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

20. Celever

Celever

And with that seviper is the winner!!! (thanks blob)

Eh, voting is good let's just go with that.
  21. RODANK

RODANK im a meat collector
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

ugh fuck seviper.

anyways zapdos vs raikou is heaps more interesting - because i like both designs. personally zapdos edges out raikou though because raikous design is way more cluttered and zapdos has a very crisp design (like most of gen 1)
  22. kaps

kaps

welp, I count 9-7 Zangoose

I demand a recount!
  23. Celever

Celever

Kaps, I think I can count lol. I don't know where you got the 9 zangoose votes from. e_e
  24. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

Tiger vs Birdie
    Clearly Raikou wins
  25. Hulavuta

Hulavuta twins are really cool
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Zapdos because birds are scary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)