Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gdmmit haxorus is my friend and hydreigon is me because their japanese names are similar to our actual names asdfghjkl

i still like haxorus' design, more, though - especially its shiny form. hot damn, all black. imo it looks way cooler, too, though i wouldn't say one is absolutely better than the other in battles.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Haxorus. Unlike Hydreigon, it has usable appendages. Actual feet, actual arms. And you don't want to be on the receiving end of its head charges. Look at those neck muscles? Haxorus can ram its head into any obstacle/opponent, get stuck, and just shrug the obstacle to shreds. I can imagine it swinging its head more than its arms when battling, chopping asunder anything in its path.

Neither, they don't look like Pokémon to me...

In all seriousness Haxrous as DAT AX, on the other hand, Hydrigon is a freaking HYDRA..

I choose Haxrous.<3

Don't have a huge problem with Hydreigon, the design is fun and badass and all. But I prefer Haxorus, mainly because his design is a lot sleeker and a bit more understated (notwithstanding he does indeed have an axe for a head). Hydreigon meanwhile smells a little too much like a fanboy's wet dream. I'LL MAKE A DARK DRAGON. IT WILL BE A PSEUDO-LEGENDARY. IT WILL HAVE SHREDDED WINGS OF DEATH. IT WILL BE BLACK AND PURPLE AND BLUE. IT WILL LEARN EVERY MOVE EVER. ALSO, THREE HEADS.
Haxorus manages a lot of the badassery, but minus the 600 BST, ridiculous movepool, and two extra heads. Respect.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'LL MAKE A DARK DRAGON. IT WILL BE A PSEUDO-LEGENDARY. IT WILL HAVE SHREDDED WINGS OF DEATH. IT WILL BE BLACK AND PURPLE AND BLUE. IT WILL LEARN EVERY MOVE EVER. ALSO, THREE HEADS.
Haha yeah I have to agree, Hydriegon is over the top. Normally this would suit my criteria for badassery but alas, I vote Haxorus. He is the proud partner of Drayden, who features the most intense facial hair ever. Also, axe head. Also, shiny sprite

This is a very tough choice for me. They're both OU Gen V dragons with good stats, opposing attacks (Hydreigon is special, Haxorus is physical), yet they both have the ability to smash through teams. At the start of the BW era, Hydreigon was my favourite Gen 5 dragon. It looked "badass", and I loved switching in on a Bulldoze or something and wrecking with Choice Specs. It single-handedly won battles for me, it was just that good. Hqaxorus came later, but when I started using it, I suddenly lost my interest for Hydreigon. Hydreigon had served me well, but I loved the sheer power of Haxorus. However, all things considered, in game, Hydreigon is he winner.

Yet can design change anything? Hydreigon certainly has the looks going for it; an inventive colour scheme, rugged wings and a Hydra-esque style to it meant that I love Hydreigon's design, and still do. The one thing that lets it down is the practicality of the design; I mean, how does it even land (Yeah yeah it has levitate ya smartass but still). Also it looks a tad too chubby.

I also love Haxorus' design. The blades, the colour scheme, the beak, everything about it is amazing, and so Haxorus wins.

Now, this is the hard part. Choosing between Design and In-Game. Normally I would go with in-game but Haxorus won by such a large margin in the design-department, even though Hydreigon looks great, so I'm gonna say

Haxorus

Oh just as heads up, these are the votes that have been discounted

9 hydreigon votes disallowed
1 haxorus vote disallowed

votes will not be accepted if you don't have reasoning behind them, even a short sentence would suffice.

Step it up guys :<

In early BW, I would easily choose Hydreigon because special attacking Dragon is just awesome and I sorta dislike that crazy Atk of Haxorus, wtf GameFreak.

But design-wise, Hydreigon looks a tad ridiculous: Brutal Pokemon with flower-like collar, sock muppet hands, and just look at its (flappy, I guess) feet, are they even usable?

So, HAXORUS.

Hydreigon Obviously !!!

I mean, "nothing" walls it with its fascinating movepool, but is checked by faster threats.

Plus, he trolls Haxorus with just a speed away.

Just in case anyone is still wondering what the result of what Espeon vs. Umbreon was, I finally did a count since the people who run this thread seem to have forgotten about it.

20 for Umbreon, 19 for Espeon. Exceedingly close round that one! SHAME NO ONE BOTHERED TO COUNT IT UNTIL NOW.

Don't have a huge problem with Hydreigon, the design is fun and badass and all. But I prefer Haxorus, mainly because his design is a lot sleeker and a bit more understated (notwithstanding he does indeed have an axe for a head). Hydreigon meanwhile smells a little too much like a fanboy's wet dream. I'LL MAKE A DARK DRAGON. IT WILL BE A PSEUDO-LEGENDARY. IT WILL HAVE SHREDDED WINGS OF DEATH. IT WILL BE BLACK AND PURPLE AND BLUE. IT WILL LEARN EVERY MOVE EVER. ALSO, THREE HEADS.
Haxorus manages a lot of the badassery, but minus the 600 BST, ridiculous movepool, and two extra heads. Respect.
Hydreigon because I feel the exact opposite of the above post is true. Haxorus to me looks like a fanboy's wet dream. Who the hell thought an ax protruding from a dragon's mouth would make a cool monster? It looks like it got hit in the face while lumberjacks were cutting trees in the forest. "How can we make this dragon cooler guys?" "Stick an ax in its mouth."

I vote Hydreigon. Haxorus looks to much like a fanboy-made pokémon to me, especially the shiny version. Gotta love that greek mythology hydra stuff too.

Hydreigon gets my vote.

Okay round closed. Twas a close-ish affair, and against my better judgement I have decided to let all votes count regardless of explanation or not, but this will be the only time I'll do so.

@Jimera: Yeah sorry about that, I blame Rodan and Rodan only

Okay so scores on the doors:

Onto the next round:

Round XIV: Escavalier vs Accelgor

vs

REMEMBER: From now on, votes will not be counted if they don't have any explanation.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I vote Escavelier, will give more info soon (Is that ok, if I give it later)

Escavelier just looks cooler, it has an armor around it, while Accelgor only has a tiny band wrapped around it like sushi (I don't like sushi)
Also Escavelier has the better Typing and I feel like better stats too, although it is slow it has good 70/105/105 defenses together with 135 Attack, which i think is great

Escavalier

It's cooler than Accelgor ever will be. It is based of a knight for Pete's sake, and Accelgor is a, what exactly? A fastbug? Lolidk

Okay round closed. Twas a close-ish affair, and against my better judgement I have decided to let all votes count regardless of explanation or not, but this will be the only time I'll do so.

@Jimera: Yeah sorry about that, I blame Rodan and Rodan only

Okay so scores on the doors:

Onto the next round:

Round XIV: Escavalier vs Accelgor

vs

REMEMBER: From now on, votes will not be counted if they don't have any explanation.
Hmm... ninja vs samurai.. I vote Escavlier because samurai are cool plus it survives fire fang from stoutland BTW hydra would've still won 30-9 is 21 20-1 is 19.

Accelgor. I hate how Escavlier is literally wearing armor. That's a bit dumb in my opinion, and a really lazy design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)