Project RU Creative / Underrated Sets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky Helmet Druddigon was a thing last gen, js. Also, you shouldn't be running max investment in both defenses. Generally Druddigon runs a lot of attack, a tad of speed, and the rest in HP. If you do want to run a defensive spread, run max HP. And Earthquake > Fire Punch imo, especially considering you don't have Sheer Force. You can't do much to Whimsicott that way, but eh.
I understand your point. This set was specifically designed to team with Rhyperior so EQ just didn't seem as important to me. If it becomes an issue in the future, toxic will be dropped. I like the suggestion to add the HP but i feel it needs the SpD to wall certain things that would otherwise be an issue.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

I just made this set for research week to support scyther and it's been pretty cool so far. Nice for donking alom on the switch and as a nice tank. It's very similar to standard sd blade but sacred sword is used over s-claw as it's really nice coverage to hit steels and normal types for really nice damage. Also sclaw is wek before boost.
Haha I love this set! It says "hi, i'm doublade! I dare you to stay in!"
My only question is this, why Iron Head over Gyro ball? Is it because of rhyperior, and arroma....Okay nevermind. I think I just answered my own question. Don't count on any flinches though lol.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A set I've been having a fair bit of fun with the past couple of days:

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb

This is easily one of the more underrated physical walls in the tier. It's a great physical wall to use with Toxic Spikes support, and it happens to be the best dedicated spinblocker in the tier right now. Its physical bulk is on par with Alomomola, and it makes for one of the best switch-ins to the likes of Virizion, Hitmonlee, Rhyperior, Cobalion, Kabutops, and Sandslash in the tier. Now the latter two may not seem overly important, but this is huge considering Tops and Slash are the most common spinners outside of Hitmonlee, the latter of which always beats Doublade. Leech Seed wears down opposing Pokemon while replenishing Gourgeist's HP. Protect stalls for a turn of Leech Seed / Leftovers recovery and possibly burn / poison damage as well. Note that Rock Slide and Phantom Force are offensive alternatives to deal with certain threats better. Will-O-Wisp is really cool on Gourgeist. Considering the fact that the most common Defog users don't fear much offensively from Geist and both rely on Eviolite to boost their defenses (Gligar and Golbat) Will-O-Wisp is a very cool way to pressure them while also killing whatever offensive presence they had. Seed Bomb is a nice STAB move to donk Rhyperior, Slowking, and some others with, though you'll generally only need it in certain situations, like keeping a Rhyperior from receiving a Wish, or something like that. EVs maximize physical bulk and round down passive damage. Here's some calcs showing its bulk in grand style and how favorable its matchup is vs. about every entry hazard remover in RU:

252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 179-213 (47.9 - 57.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
16+ Atk Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 51-60 (13.6 - 16%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
16+ Atk Rhyperior Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 125-155 (33.5 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. even on 5 hits....
252+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 178-211 (47.7 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Rough, but...
252+ Atk Choice Band burned Rhyperior Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 89-105 (23.8 - 28.1%) -- 23.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Wisp saves you.
+2 252 Atk Virizion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 107-126 (28.6 - 33.7%) -- 0.5% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Cobalion Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 127-151 (34 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Kabutops Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 177-208 (47.4 - 55.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Sandslash Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 122-144 (32.7 - 38.6%) -- 98.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Jolteon Signal Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 118-140 (31.6 - 37.5%) -- 90.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
228+ Atk Skuntank Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 140-168 (37.5 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. And you should be using Wisp at that.
0 Atk Golbat Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 134-162 (35.9 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Can easily stay in to Wisp.
0 Atk Gligar Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 27-32 (7.2 - 8.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever. LOL
252+ Atk Life Orb Shiftry Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 237-281 (63.5 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Never stay in on this, but this just shows how fucking bulky Geist is.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Do you love using weird Pokemon?
Do you hate stall f@gs and their stall?

Do you like making your opponents rage quit?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then this set might be just for you!

Introducing, the STALL SMASHER:

Lickilicky @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Earthquake / Knock Off

Feast your eyes nerds, as you are witnessing the most powerful stallbreaker in the RU tier! Substitute allows this devilish fiend to set up on bitch fish, aka ALOMOMOLA without having to take a Toxic or a Scald burn! Belly Drum raises its power to OVER 9,000, ensuring complete destruction! The last two moves get perfect coverage on every stall Pokemon, which means more destruction! Wow! Try to contain yourselves as you soak in these marvelous damage calculations:

+6 252+ Atk Lickilicky Return vs. 104 HP / 248+ Def Alomomola: 457-538 (91.9 - 108.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252+ Atk Lickilicky Earthquake vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 336-396 (107.6 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Lickilicky Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 427-504 (98.3 - 116.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252+ Atk Lickilicky Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 255-301 (76.5 - 90.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252+ Atk Lickilicky Return vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Cresselia: 375-442 (84.4 - 99.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock[/HIDE=Damage Calcs]

As you can clearly see, SUBBellyDrum Lickilicky is a force to be reckoned with, so much so that it may even need a suspect test!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey friends, I'm posting here to let you all know that very soon there will be a new RUgged Mountain, and that I will be using my standard teams. As in, teams that are about as far from standard as one can possibly be. Join #rarelyused from like 6-10 PM Eastern time or just join Smogtours to see all of my glorious battles. Thanks.

Magneton
Moves
-Thunder Wave
-Volt Switch
-Flash Cannon
-Thunder Bolt
Ability
-Magnet Pull
Item: Eviolite
Evs
252 def, 4 SpA, 252 SpD
Modest

This is a deviation from the specs set. This thing can't take an earthquake, but it can take some other powerful hits.

252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Magneton: 168-198 (69.7 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Emboar Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Magneton: 112-135 (46.4 - 56%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Fletchinder Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Magneton: 68-84 (28.2 - 34.8%) -- 3.2% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Gallade Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Magneton: 172-203 (71.3 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Hitmonchan Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Magneton: 198-237 (82.1 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Hitmontop Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Magneton: 134-162 (55.6 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Virizion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Magneton: 168-198 (69.7 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Then this magneton T-waves what ever is out then it can 2-4HKO most of what is listed above

4+ SpA Magneton Flash Cannon vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Virizion: 90-106 (27.7 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
4+ SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hitmontop: 115-136 (37.8 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4+ SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hitmonchan: 115-136 (47.7 - 56.4%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO
4+ SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 111-132 (39.9 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4+ SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 160 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Fletchinder: 282-332 (92.4 - 108.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
4+ SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Emboar: 177-208 (49 - 57.6%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO
4+ SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 163-193 (50.4 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO[/HIDE=Damage Calcs]

This set get walled by ground types and anything that carries aromatherapy. But it does a good job of paralyzing a whole team.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Okay, so now for a more constructive post:

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Wish

A lot of people tend to overlook that Jolteon has a stellar support movepool for an offensive Pokemon, and the way I see it, if you're not using Jolteon's great support movepool alongside it's offensive prowess, then you ain't doing it justice. This set is a coalescence of Jolteon's two standard sets whose purpose is designed to keep entry-hazard removers from doing their job and excels on Spike-stacking and Sticky Web offense. It's a small twist on the standard offensive Jolteon that capitalizes on Hidden Power Ice over Water/Grass to take out Gligar more efficiently. So basically, between HP Ice and Thunderbolt, Jolteon has what it takes to take down all of the Defog users, and with the combination of Volt Switch and Wish, Jolteon can help support support Doublade, among other teammates, by giving it a good supply of HP so that it can consistently spinblock Hitmonlee and check the threats it needs to throughout the course of the match.

Delphox Red Card
Magician
252 HP 4 SpAtk 252 Spe

Substitute
Flamethrower
Will O' Wisp
Psyshock

This set allows Delphox to take advantage of Magician, an ability generally considered sub-par. The strategy woks like so:

Send in Delphox at the start of the battle or after a Pokemon faints to avoid switch in damage. Now, you can set up a substitute to stall out your foe's moves, or Flamethrower or Psyshock to deal some damage. either way, Delphox will eventually need to take a hit. When this happens, your foe will switch out thanks to Red Card, and you may now attack the new Pokemon and steal their item with Magician. Unfortunately, Delphox has a flaw with this. It's bulk isn't great enough to support itself very long, and it needs some really good backup if you want to make use out of this set.

Notes: Flamethrower can be replaced with Fire Blast, however Flamethrower was chosen because of its more reliable accuracy.

phantom

Banned deucer.

Sigilyph @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Energy Bal
- Tailwind / Thunder Wave

If you're familiar with how Alakazam worked in BW OU, then this concept shouldn't come as a surprise, but I don't think many thought of trying it on this Pokemon. If you weren't aware, the concept of Focus Sash + Magic Guard is meant to function as a catch-all revenge killer, and thanks to Sigilyph's great coverage and decent power, it can pull that off fairly well. However, what gives this set that extra "something something" lies in the last move. With Tailwind, Sigilyph gives its partners the extra Speed they need to take out certain setup sweepers, although it gets a little tricky when you want to bring in your revenge-killer, and whether or not the opponent will boost again throws another curve ball, so that's where Thunder Wave comes in by allowing Sigilyph to cripple just about everything, so that way, if it can't kill the target after it paralyzes it, then one of its teammates will be in a good position to finish off said setup sweeper. Tailwind is still pretty cool for a variety of reasons though. For instance, if you're running Sigilyph with something slow like Choice Specs Exploud and your Sigilyph is at 1% against a weakened Rhyperior with Virizion and Jolteon waiting in the back, then Tailwind can really help alter the course of the match and gives your team just what it needs to pull out that clutch win. I think this is a pretty cool set on offense and it's a nice supplement to Choice Scarf users and priority spam.

Kabutops @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EV's: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature

-Waterfall
-Knock Off/Rapid Spin
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance

Your run of the mill rain sweeper except for the fact that this one is tailored to outspeed Jolly MegAero in the Rain and to survive 3 seismic tosses with 1HP left.
Otherwise, it's really kinda basic. It's not really creative, just a tweak from the standard 4/252/252. The choice between Knock Off & Rapid Spin is yours. Mind that you cannot hit Toxicroak with this, but considering you'll be running a rain team, you should have a counter for that anyways.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Kabutops @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EV's: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature

-Waterfall
-Knock Off/Rapid Spin
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance

Your run of the mill rain sweeper except for the fact that this one is tailored to outspeed Jolly MegAero in the Rain and to survive 3 seismic tosses with 1HP left.
Otherwise, it's really kinda basic. It's not really creative, just a tweak from the standard 4/252/252. The choice between Knock Off & Rapid Spin is yours. Mind that you cannot hit Toxicroak with this, but considering you'll be running a rain team, you should have a counter for that anyways.
This is RU, and neither Mega Aerodactyl nor Toxicroak reside here, maybe you meant this for the UU sets thread?

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Haze

LORD GARBAGE BAG IS TRU LORD.

Tanks hits like a boss and has access to both Spikes + TSpikes. It also has a great STAB in Gunk Shot (DIE FAIRIES) and can use Haze, which potentially stops set-up sweepers in their tracks (Registeel e.e) It's also much more bulkier than Qwilfish and can severely wear down attackers w/ Helmet + Aftermath.

Hello Smogon. This is my first post on the forums. I had an old name on the forums, but I wanted a fresh start, so here I am. I'm on PS often, usually on the names Dugtrio or NASCAR. How did I get those awesome names? Well I've been here a long time! Today I have a Registeel set that I came up with. It has helped me get three names on the RU ladder (Dugtrio, NASCAR, and ABDL). I thought it would be nice to pass the set onto you guys, and also so you can know that I'm the one who came up with it. And so I present, Block Registeel.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Block
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Rest

The first thing that needs to be discussed is Registeel's fantastic Special Defense. It can take strong special hits like a champion. It can also absorb some physical attacks as well. Here are some calculations to support this:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 117-138 (32.1 - 37.9%) -- 0.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Gligar Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 120-144 (32.9 - 39.5%) -- 15.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Eelektross Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 102-120 (28 - 32.9%) -- 85.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Slowking Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 120-142 (32.9 - 39%) -- 9.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

The only way to break Registeel with a Special Attack is with a dedicated wall-breaker or a strong fire type. Registeel can take advantage of this with this Block set. Block lets you trap any Pokemon that isn't a Ghost type and doesn't have access to an escape move such as Volt Switch or U-Turn. This is surprisingly effective. In the past I've trapped Alomomola, Defog Gligar, Scarf-Magneton, Slowking, Amoonguss without Synthesis, Specs-Jolteon, and more. Block traps them in, and you wear them down with Toxic and Seismic Toss. Rest provides immediate recovery as well as keeping status off Registeel. Barring some very bad luck, on the above damage calculation examples you'll be able to tank hits while asleep, wake up for one Seismic Toss, and go back to sleep. Your opponent is completely helpless, and all they can do is hope for hax.

This set works best when your opponent does not know you have Block. Very few people expect it, so it is best to save it for when you know it will work. It can completely shut down Stall teams when you manage to trap Alomomola as it uses Wish. That's pretty much game over in many cases. One issue is that you will have to find another Pokemon to use Stealth Rock. Registeel is usually a fantastic Stealth Rock user, but you must sacrifice that in order to make this set usable. I find that using Trick Pokemon as teammates is a great idea. Gligar and Amoonguss are helpless after they've been given a Choice item and Blocked by Registeel.

Overall this set has been the crux of my current team, and it has turned the tides in many battles for me. Practice has helped me, as I have learned the hard way that Registeel is not a miracle worker. This set still cannot stand up to things like Moltres, Fire Blast Exploud, and Clawitzer. Knowing what hits Registeel can and cannot take is crucial to mastering this set. But when done right with the right support it's a winning combination.

Here's a good replay of Block Registeel beating an Amoonguss without Synthesis. It's right near the start of the battle, so you don't have to wait too long for it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-182401075

Anyway, I hope this set was helpful. I'll see you guys around.

Last edited:
Cobalion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Water]

This thing works well with Gligar, as they synergies very well defensively [and offensively], and it is just a great way to gain initiative. It brings out many threats such as Moltres, Rhyperior, and other Pokemon that would typically threaten Cobalion, and is able to deal with them safely. The only thing about Moltres is the scarfed variant, but it isn't hard to predict it coming in and simply Volt Switching out. The other great thing is that Cobalion is able to take Knock Offs well and is still threatening with its widened movepool and strong STAB options in Focus Blast and Flash Cannon.

252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 204-242 (63.5 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Hidden Power Water vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 372-438 (100.2 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 369-436 (99.4 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 553-652 (149 - 175.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Pangoro @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Circle Throw

This set is a GREAT pokemon to use on balanced and/or stall teams. With Rest and Sleep Talk, you can heal off any sort of status moves such as burns and poisons. Bulk up is used to make Pangoro very bulky on the physical side, while also increasing your attack to very high levels, as Pangoro's attack is around 280 even uninvested. Circle Throw is here to make your opponent's mon switch out, while also getting damage off on them. If using a hazard stack team, this can get very deadly, as they wont be able to control which pokemon they are switched into. They ev's are pretty self explanatory, as running specially defensive causes Pangoro to take very little from special attacks. Scrappy is here to let Pangoro hit things that were previously counters to it, such as Doublade and Spiritomb. You must be careful when using Pangoro, as any fairy hit will take it out easily. Also, be careful to take out any strong fighting types or flying types, as they will also take Pangoro out quite easily if you only have 1-2 boosts. Hazard Stack Stall or Balance are great teams to put Pangoro on, as they capitalize on Pangoro's ability to switch out the opponent's pokemon. Also, be careful when using Pangoro, as Circle Throw only has 16 pp

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Here is one more underrated set. This set is Swords Dance Samurott. Samurott is a VERY underrated late-game cleaner. Swords Dance is here to boost Samurott;s attack to 656 in one turn. Aqua Jet is used as a strong priority move, causing Samurott to take out Pokemon at low health. Waterfall is Samurott's strongest STAB move, and is used to hit anything that Samurott outspeeds, dealing massive amounts of damage. Megahorn is in the last slot, and is used to hit things that would usually wall Samurott, such as Cradily, Cresselia, and any other bulky psychic/grass pokemon. The ev's are self-explanatory, max out attack and speed, while using an Adamant nature since you'll most likely be spamming Aqua Jet. Samurott is best used on a Hyper Offensive or Balanced team, due to the fact that it cleans up very easily and as decent defenses in 95/85/70. Hazards are must appreciated, breaking any sashes that would otherwise hinder Samurott's sweep, while also bringing the majority of mon's to a decent amount of HP. A grass type partner is greatly appreciated, tanking any of the electric or grass type moves sent at Samurott. Pokemon such as Rotom-C pair very well with Samurott.

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Here is one more underrated set. This set is Swords Dance Samurott. Samurott is a VERY underrated late-game cleaner. Swords Dance is here to boost Samurott;s attack to 656 in one turn. Aqua Jet is used as a strong priority move, causing Samurott to take out Pokemon at low health. Waterfall is Samurott's strongest STAB move, and is used to hit anything that Samurott outspeeds, dealing massive amounts of damage. Megahorn is in the last slot, and is used to hit things that would usually wall Samurott, such as Cradily, Cresselia, and any other bulky psychic/grass pokemon. The ev's are self-explanatory, max out attack and speed, while using an Adamant nature since you'll most likely be spamming Aqua Jet. Samurott is best used on a Hyper Offensive or Balanced team, due to the fact that it cleans up very easily and as decent defenses in 95/85/70. Hazards are must appreciated, breaking any sashes that would otherwise hinder Samurott's sweep, while also bringing the majority of mon's to a decent amount of HP. A grass type partner is greatly appreciated, tanking any of the electric or grass type moves sent at Samurott. Pokemon such as Rotom-C pair very well with Samurott.
What exactly does this beat besides a sleeping Regirock? I see no reason to use this over other premiere water-types in the ru metagame....

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Taunt

Taunt Samurott is one of the best things that sam has over Gatr so i would recommend trying that out on either a mixed set or a special set. I haven't tried it myself, but if you haven't tried taunt yet it is a good niche to have over Gatr and Clawitzer.

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Hp / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Autotomize
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Flail

When you send Golem go straight for the Autotomize giving it the 400 speed. Your opponent will most likely use one of Golems many weakness on it, giving it 2x attack from the weakness policy. After this he could give you 1-3 easy kills. Of course entry hazards and priority moves really screw this over, but it has worked quite well judging from my experience.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmm I feel like Weakness Policy Rhyperior is generally less trouble to use. It doesn't have to worry about hazards and can actually take hits with Solid Rock. It also has more attack which is always good. Not too sure on coverage, but Rhyp does have Megahorn to smack like Cress and stuff.

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Hp / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Autotomize
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Flail

When you send Golem go straight for the Autotomize giving it the 400 speed. Your opponent will most likely use one of Golems many weakness on it, giving it 2x attack from the weakness policy. After this he could give you 1-3 easy kills. Of course entry hazards and priority moves really screw this over, but it has worked quite well judging from my experience.
In my opionion this set really isnt that great. Any priority user takes it out very easy after sturdy is activated, any scarfer over base 80 outspeeds and kills, and golem is off better using a stealth rock set with rocks, rock blast, earthquake, sucker punch. Also, if they dont choose to activate the weakness policy, golem would be very weak, and the set would be ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)