Project RU Teambuilding Factory (Moved to new thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
It's not ambiguous at all man I requested a ru trick room team, that's the concept I was merely giving pokemon suggestions to help
Your request gave waaay too much information which made it confusing. I've been testing a few concepts and I should be done soon-ish, though (I really want someone else to look over it to maintain the quality of the thread, because I am a very big fan of bizarre sets that probably don't actually work).

EDIT: I have some Meloetta + Mega Steelix teams already because I'm a pretty big fan of that core myself but they're all kind of gutted by the lack of Cobaliion and addition of Scrafty because they're old, but I'll get around to fixing them soon.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ZANBAKUResh I was bored @ work today and thought up a Meloetta-P team cause why not. The team isn't super amazing by any means, but it doesn't outright lose to anything and is decently fun to play with.

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Knock Off

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 120 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 48 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Calm Mind
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

As I said it isn't super amazing (its hard to build around a fighting type that is weak to dark :/) but it is kinda cool. Basically my thought process was the following: Meloetta-P is rendered almost useless by ghosts, and Sneasel can help deal with that by Pursuit trapping them, as well as generally weakening physical walls with Knock Off, and cleaning up pretty easily against offense. At this point I was super weak to fighting types, so Qwilfish seemed like the most logical choice, on top of checking most fighting types well, it also provides spike support, which is nice for getting that extra damage on top of pursuit, and also since Meloetta-P can cause double switches if played correctly. I was weak to Jolteon / Electrics and needed SR, hence the Mega Steelix, which is just generally good right now. Now at this point I said, hey I gone done fucked up again, as my "defensive backbone" (still an offensive team) was weak to ground, so I solved this by adding roost U-turn 2 Special Attacks Flygon which beats all relevant ground-types in the tier and can lure in and U-turn out of Jellicent for Sneasel to trap. I was once again weak to fight, and also Alomomola, and just kinda stall, so I added in CM Psycho Shift Sigi with Air Slash, as this generally does that, this spread always survives a LO 4 Atk Houndoom Sucker Punch from full health, and has like a 50% chance to 2hko doomer w/o rocks (100% chance to 2HKO with rocks). Houndoom is kind of a threat, but Flygon can play around it, and it literally can't switch on anything except you using hazards, so you just have to be careful of that. I wouldn't bring this to some super important match, but its p fun for laddering or w/e. Hope you like it n_n. Also I changed your Meloetta set a little bit, as you are often Relic Songing on like Mola or something that can status you and Facade is pro.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
Gorex said it was alright to post this btw

RU Abysmal OU Are Here's a TR team. You barely gave any information so I intially attempted to build Sunny Room as a joke but could not get it to work, so it eventually morphed back into a regular TR team.

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Escavalier @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Drill Run

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Trick Room

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Wild Charge

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Bronzong @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Mega Camerupt was what I built the team around, and I really struggled to find good partners for it because of how slow a lot of fat mons in RU are, combined with it being pretty much hard walled by Alomomola, spdef Togetic and Jellicent. Emboar was what I ended up choosing, because it breaks open those 3 mons, is just generally strong as hell, and has neat priority in Sucker Punch. Escavalier was chosen to handle Amoonguss, who outslows Mega Camerupt before it mega evolves, and just because it was slow and hard to switch in to for a lot of teams.

Mesprit was chosen because it has access to healing wish to get Emboar/Camerupt/Bronzong/Esca back into the game. Colbur lets you tank a knock off. Bronzong was chosen because it's slow and surprisingly strong with a life orb under trick room, and it really lures in mons that I think mess with TR a lot and then beats them - namely Houndoom and Drapion. Mega Steelix also can't do much against Bronzong which is nice for when Camerupt can't mega in time. Heavy Slam is chosen over Gyro Ball because RU is generally slow as hell and it does extra damage where you need it - against Aromatisse and Togetic, both of which are hell for TR.

Virizion is chosen as the obligatory fast mon over more common choices like Jolteon because of the great synergy it has with Camerupt and the general ability to pick apart big threats to this team. SD Viriz is just a generally solid mon in general.

If you want an alt pick, Pixie Plate Aromatisse can really fit in over anything but doesn't offer much to the team, I used it quite a bit and eventually dropped it because it almost never did anything over Esca or Virizion, but your playstyle might show differently. Use HP Fire and Psychic as it's attacks, and wish could be useful on TR but rarely ends up that way.

I don't think TR is very strong in RU btw, and I struggled to get this team past 1400 ELO. So many teams soft check this playstyle while preparing for other threats and Wishtect/Fake Out are all too common on the ladder.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Master Sunny-EX

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Ice Shard
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- U-turn

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Scald

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 36 Def / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Houndoom @ Salac Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot

Hello friend, sorry I took so long, really forgot about this one. First off, I went with Mega Glalie as per the request. I followed up with a dual hazard core of Qwilfish and Uxie to cripple and wear down opposing mons and Spikes was also part of the request. It really works well towards the endgame if you prevent hazard removal. Next up, went with a Volt-turn core of Banded Flygon and Specs Rotom-Mow, which helps alleviate ground weakness that all my teams normally have and hits hard with the boosting items each of them hold. Feel free to run a scarf on any of them, I just don't like how they seem so weak with a Scarf, would run it on Flygon if you do so though. Finally, went with Houndoom for a back-up way to beat Steels apart from Flygon and also SubNPSalac can sweep teams late game with the aid of Spikes + Stealth Rock and the residual from Toxic Spikes, which is why I run it on this particular team

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Taunt

EDIT: Replaced Flygon with Gurdurr, literally much better since it handles the Scrafty weakness as +1 Drain Punch only 4HKOes and it handles the small Sneasel weakness the team has. Standard Hitmontop works over Gurdurr for hazard control but it makes the team a little more passive. Alternative Qwilfish set works a lot better because it helps retain hazards in face of hazard control, I just tend to prefer Lead Qwil on almost all my teams that are more offensive

Last edited:
Hi there. I'm really bad in ORAS RU building, but I want to try this tiers. So I come here to having a cool team. If someone can, i want a team around Camerupt mega + Eelektross please :)!

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Edit: The first core looks really hard to build, and have 0 synergy, so i change it (Trevenant+Skuntank is the first core)

Last edited:
llamas said i could go ahead and post my variant of the request since i planned to do it for a while now :o
also smogon drafts sucks

ZANBAKUResh

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Explosion

Meloetta-Pirouette @ Colbur Berry
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Relic Song
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Taunt

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Baton Pass

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Alright so i guess i gotta explain myself for such a long process. Basically i've started using meloetta-pirouette since noivern and reuniclus meta with a set that really exploited their overpresence with moves like Power-Up-Punch (you set-up and win 1v1 against cm reuniclus if you stay in your regular form). I really enjoyed the way it could also constantly switch into noivern hits thanks to aria-form's huge SpD stat, then just has to change its form as it's still slower, and easily outspeed/get the KO back. But yeah since the team was finished 3 days before suspect's close i ended up not posting it. Right after i got my exams period and etc until past week, and by then i wanted to provide at least a solid squad which lead me to make many variants of the team (one with lo wallbreaker medicham/emboar and with sd samurott) but anyways here i am with the team that seems to fit best with the current meta.

After a bunch of games played with Meloetta-P i've found out special samurott and medicham being pretty soft wallbreakers to ensure its late-game-sweep. I also wanted a nice and viable spikes user, a kind of support meloetta highly appreciates as well, especially given the switches it forces once it spoiled its Pirouette form, which lead me to use Qwilfish's suicide lead set for a faster utility. Oh, and 30 iv speed on meloetta is to make sure you keep your specially defensive on opposing meloetta before changing the form and kill back with knock off. Mega-steelix joined my team since i wanted something able to tank a good amount of hits that really threaten offense, such as mega-glalie, choice scarf tyrantrum, life orb jolteon, acrokiller, and dark/fairy-type spam such as sneasel or spdef aromatisse. Its access to stealth rock is really useful for my offensive backbone while it also easily forces grounded annoying walls to get some spikes damages. Speaking of ground, i was pretty weak to it and i felt like needing a good fighting check and status absorber so i went for sigilyph with, let's say, a pretty 'houndoomish' version of it haha. The combination of calm mind + dark pulse is a massive stop to any kind of will-o-wisp spam, easily aweakening ghost-type walls such as cofagrigus and even jellicent, and prevents the likes of choice specs meloetta from getting too dangerous free turns. However, i felt like the team was super weak to houndoom especially if medicham is in sucker punch's range or if sigilyph is aweakened, so i added the colbur berry on meloetta instead of black/expert belt, but if you want to try these items then feel free to run choice scarf emboar instead of medicham.

Last edited:

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
llamas said i could go ahead and post my variant of the request since i planned to do it for a while now :o
also smogon drafts sucks

ZANBAKUResh

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Explosion

Meloetta-Pirouette @ Colbur Berry
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Relic Song
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Taunt

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Baton Pass

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Alright so i guess i gotta explain myself for such a long process. Basically i've started using meloetta-pirouette since noivern and reuniclus meta with a set that really exploited their overpresence with moves like Power-Up-Punch (you set-up and win 1v1 against cm reuniclus if you stay in your regular form). I really enjoyed the way it could also constantly switch into noivern hits thanks to aria-form's huge SpD stat, then just has to change its form as it's still slower, and easily outspeed/get the KO back. But yeah since the team was finished 3 days before suspect's close i ended up not posting it. Right after i got my exams period and etc until past week, and by then i wanted to provide at least a solid squad which lead me to make many variants of the team (one with lo wallbreaker medicham/emboar and with sd samurott) but anyways here i am with the team that seems to fit best with the current meta.

After a bunch of games played with Meloetta-P i've found out special samurott and medicham being pretty soft wallbreakers to ensure its late-game-sweep. I also wanted a nice and viable spikes user, a kind of support meloetta highly appreciates as well, especially given the switches it forces once it spoiled its Pirouette form, which lead me to use Qwilfish's suicide lead set for a faster utility. Oh, and 30 iv speed on meloetta is to make sure you keep your specially defensive on opposing meloetta before changing the form and kill back with knock off. Mega-steelix joined my team since i wanted something able to tank a good amount of hits that really threaten offense, such as mega-glalie, choice scarf tyrantrum, life orb jolteon, acrokiller, and dark/fairy-type spam such as sneasel or spdef aromatisse. Its access to stealth rock is really useful for my offensive backbone while it also easily forces grounded annoying walls to get some spikes damages. Speaking of ground, i was pretty weak to it and i felt like needing a good fighting check and status absorber so i went for sigilyph with, let's say, a pretty 'houndoomish' version of it haha. The combination of calm mind + dark pulse is a massive stop to any kind of will-o-wisp spam, easily aweakening ghost-type walls such as cofagrigus and even jellicent, and prevents the likes of choice specs meloetta from getting too dangerous free turns. However, i felt like the team was super weak to houndoom especially if medicham is in sucker punch's range or if sigilyph is aweakened, so i added the colbur berry on meloetta instead of black/expert belt, but if you want to try these items then feel free to run choice scarf emboar instead of medicham.
thanks bae <3 this team and llamas' team looks pretty sick~ time to make the climb ^^

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could make me a team (balanced offense) with Lum Berry, SD, Sub Virizion in it. I'm not too used to the current RU meta, so I want a team to kinda test the waters a bit on the ladder. Thank you so much in advance!

I would like to request any balance team using NP doom. It doesn't have to optimize doom as the main sweeper/wallbreaker, center around it or whatever, just feature it alongside the other team members. Thanks in advance.

I would like to request any balance team using NP doom. It doesn't have to optimize doom as the main sweeper/wallbreaker, center around it or whatever, just feature it alongside the other team members. Thanks in advance.
Idk if I can post here but i built a team a balanced team few days ago with Houndoom:

Exeggutor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Tail

Houndoom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Nasty Plot

Togetic @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Signal Beam

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Crunch
- X-Scissor

I started the team with Choice Specs Exeggutor because i wanted to test him. Rhyperior comes into the team for put Stealth Rock into the field and counterind bird spam such us Braviary or Fletchinder. I want to use ever a Psychic-check so Houndoom comes into the team with HP Grass for Seismitoad that can hurts Rhyperior with Scald or Exeguttor with Sludge Bomb. Later I added Togetic to counter fight spam and provide the team Defog for minimize damages and make the Houndoom's Focus Sash useful. I wanted something faster than scarfers such us Emboar and RK them and Jolteon comes in with HP Waters for Camerupt-Mega. At last I added Durant Banded for Fairies and hard-hit all the meta xD

If I cant post here i'll delete this post.

OK so I am new to RU and I really want to get into it. One mon that has caught my eye is SD Virizion. Even though I don't know much about the tier, it looks pretty good. As for the style of team, I really don't mind but I do prefer to use bulky offense but as I said I really don't mind. Any is fine.

Last edited:
I'm new to RU (I have no experience whatsoever). I decided I would use Mega Steelix in the core as I used it when it was NU and I loved using it (that and, it's an A+ rank on the viability rankings page so I assume it's fantastic in RU). HypnoEmpire suggested a core which I was told was quite good (Megalix, Jellicent and Togetic) and I would like to make a balance team. Unfortunately, I have no experience in RU and I'm completely lost as to the rest of the team. If anyone could help finish this team, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Haven't done this before so I hope my post was fine.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
Requesting a Balence team with a defensive Gastrodon
Cindy (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earth Power
Would it be alright if I changed up the set? I've been working on finding a decent use for Gastrodon for a while but I was thinking Earthquake + it being spdef (possibly some other moves as well) would be more useful because we have essentially no special walls with reliable recovery and earthquake breaks Meloetta and Venomoth's subs (though it's not a super reliable check to Melo) - Earthquake being the big thing setting it apart from Jellicent, who has higher bulk and speed and stuff but ends up set up bait for veno and meloetta because it has to use Scald/Hex to hit things.

Would it be alright if I changed up the set? I've been working on finding a decent use for Gastrodon for a while but I was thinking Earthquake + it being spdef (possibly some other moves as well) would be more useful because we have essentially no special walls with reliable recovery and earthquake breaks Meloetta and Venomoth's subs (though it's not a super reliable check to Melo) - Earthquake being the big thing setting it apart from Jellicent, who has higher bulk and speed and stuff but ends up set up bait for veno and meloetta because it has to use Scald/Hex to hit things.
Sure. I just want to use Gastrodon on a decent team :3

ok, so i want this team to be built around:
Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split
- Dark Pulse Just graduated from the nu room ^^ so i'm new to ru and would really like it if someone can help me build around this gimmicky set. If any changes with the EV's are necessary, change them to your liking. So yeah, thats about it.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
Still waiting....
I'm still working on it, but I have no intention of posting a team where Gastrodon is clearly outclassed, which means there's a lot of factors. I need a team that already has rocks support, needs or wants a bulky water where Alomomola or Jellicent wouldn't be doing a much better job (keeping in mind that most rocks mons don't have reliable recovery, this is a pretty big deal since I feel like I should run Aromatisse or something). I think I've "found" a decent niche but I'm still testing it. As a phys wall I've found it hard to really fit on teams, the special set kind of loses to anything that happens to run HP Grass, which is all sorts of weird things that think they can break mola or jellicent for some reason, etc. I'll be done within the next four or so days but it's a weird and rough mon to build around when we have so many similar but usually better choices. :(

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
About a week ago I requested a balance team with 3 pokes already decided (although editable for a final draft) and still not even one reply.. This thing is inactive yo.
Giving a 3 Mon core gives a lot less flexibility for the builder to build around, as already mentioned quite early on in this thread. You can't just expect us to be able to build all sorts of teams given the breathing space you have given us with your core. We also have real life involvements, we don't live to just build for this thread.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
And it also has to be high quality and straightforward, which can cause some issues because, like, sometimes that's difficult, plus I don't want to just drop old teams I had with some of this stuff (SD Virizion and the Megalix/Jelly/Togetic Core), especially considering a lot of these teams have been dropped in other threads and it makes me look lazy.

Giving a 3 Mon core gives a lot less flexibility for the builder to build around, as already mentioned quite early on in this thread. You can't just expect us to be able to build all sorts of teams given the breathing space you have given us with your core. We also have real life involvements, we don't live to just build for this thread.
Again, I dont know anything about RU so I dont care if the finished team is completely different I dont care as long as there is a team with megalix xD

But my request isn't unflexible. I just want a balence team with Gastrodon :(

just as a reminder, i also posted a request, is the team under construction or do i still have to wait some more? plz reply as i feel that im being ignored

OK so for all of you guys saying that your teams still having been made, just wait! As gorex said the teambuilders have real life commitments. They have freinds, family and sports and things. I have also requested a team about a week ago, no team has been posted for me but a accept that some people have busy lives. If they do have lots of spare time then they don't have to teambuild all day. They may want to ladder and take a little break from teambuilding. If you think about it the longer that they take the better the team will be because they test the team and then edit accodingly. Just be a bit grateful that people are taking time out of their day to make teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)