1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 SB2 server preparations

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by eric the espeon, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Just a nitpick:

Not "Fire types", you mean "Flash Fire users". Will-O-Wisp isn't absorbed by things like Skill Swap Venomoth (they get burned instead, while in 4th Gen they activate Flash Fire like it would do to Heatran).
  2. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I have seen those files, and yes all of the simple changes should be extremely easy to implement. The mechanics changes will require a coder though.

?

Do you have a source for this, the person who pointed it out in the first place slightly implied the opposite.
  3. Erebyssial

Erebyssial

Definitely in support of this.. playing older gens on the most active simulator again would be so fantastic, especially now with ladders and everything. I've given up trying to find matches regularly on Netbattle :(

If this does become an official project, would the ADV tiers be changed according to the newer process now that usage stats are available?

Anyway, a few changes that I don't see on the list:

- Substitute doesn't block Yawn
    - Wish "always works" (refering to how in DPP it doesn't heal a pokemon switching in after a KO)
    - All type-boosting items (eg. Charcoal) are boosted by 10%
  4. eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I would hope to see at least the BL/OU divide updated to reflect discrepancies between usage and expected usage. Something along the likes of the new UU tier is worth considering, but would not be viable unless there is widespread interest in it.

The Wish change is included in changing the switching when something faints mechanics, if my understanding is correct.

Added the others, thanks.
  5. Mattman324

Mattman324

Hail and Sandstorm get their own changes.

Sandstorm:

In DPPt, a sandstorm gives a rock type a 1.5 boost in special defense. In RSE, no such thing.

Hail:

In DPPt, Blizzard in hail becomes 100% accurate and breaks Protect. Neither boost is aplicable in RSE.

No abilities (aside from the obvious Forcast, Cloud Nine, Air Lock, and weather changers) exist that affect hail.

I THINK that's it for those. Maybe there are more though.
  6. eric the espeon

Good finds but they are already listed. From the OP:
  7. Sapientia

Sapientia Depression war nie tragbar doch steht mir so gut
    is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

Sleep can take more then 4 rounds, it has no limit
    Encore takes 2-5 rounds
  8. Reflect Suicune

Reflect Suicune

"Flash Fire is not activated by Will-O-Wisp", is both more accurate and more concise.

Edit: No Sapientia, that is not correct, Sleep lasts 2-5 turns just like it does in DPP.
  9. cantab

cantab

Do you know how sleep duration is determined then?
  10. Sapientia

is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

it's 1-4 rounds in dp ;)
    I'm pretty sure you can sleep longer in adv then in dp, but I don't know how long exactly, but more then 5 rounds iirc
  11. SenayanMafia

SenayanMafia

I remembered that my frozen voir didn't thawed, even under Sun.

@Sapientia: I think it's either the same as Reflect had said, or it determined by some sort of 'chance to wake up' system.
  12. Sapientia

Mentor

It's no wake up chance like you have it with freezes.
    It's the same system like in DP, but you can sleep for a longer time, I'm just not sure how long. 2-5 may be correct, but I thought it was possible to sleep longer, but maybe I don't remember this correct...

Sure, sun has no effect on freezes
  13. eric the espeon

Worth bumping this to note that the info here along with that from other sources has been used to implement ADV on PO and hopefully will be used again for the new sim. Contributions here are encouraged if you want accurate mechanics.
  14. Accipender

Accipender

It was my understanding that the Deoxys formes existed in ADV, and were dependant on which cartridge you used. Is this not the case?
  15. eric the espeon

Correct, it is impossible to have different forms of deoxys on one team. Not that it changes anything in standard metagames due to the species clause, but worth noting anyway.
  16. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Just a note about Sleep: It lasted 2-7 turns in ADV IIRC.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)