Pokémon Scizor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what you guys think about this set, which can OHKO talonflame at +4 (granted 2 swords dances is being rather generous):

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack

+4 252+ Atk Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 196 HP / 0 Def (custom): 321-378 (97.27 - 114.54%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO

I think Ferrothorn is a problem with this set though.
If your opponent's got a Talonflame, it'll switch in as you SD, so you'll only have a +2. You're better off using the rest of your team to deal with the bird, especially since if the bird hits the field first, you'd better have a better answer than Scizor.

Of course, it's worth keeping in mind that with those numbers, +2 Quick Attack can OHKO Talonflame if you can force it to eat Stealth Rock. But Normal+Steel just isn't good coverage, especially with such low BP moves. Running those two moves as your only attacks will let a lot more things wall you.

Is rotom w with volt Switch and and scizor u turn good synergy? And what would work with then. I have a tyranitar and gengar
Rotom-W is the best Volt Switch partner with Scizor imo, they cover each others weaknesses almost perfectly. Starmie, Jirachi, Heatran, Terrakion, Latios, Celebi, Tyranitar, Thundurus-T are all fantastic teammates for both.

I run offensive VoltTurn myself, my team is Scizor, Rotom-W, Jirachi, Starmie, Latios, Tyranitar

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant 252hp/252atk
-Sword Dance
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Roost

This set aims to throw off the opponent with sword dance and u-turn on the same set. Works as a great lead, and basically the point is to u-turn at some point to make the opponent think it lacks setup, and boom setup in their face. If they decide to switch into a physical wall, a +2 STAB U-turn hurts anything and than can bring u right into a proper counter. Requires proper team support, such as the usual rotom-w and heat ran.

Hi guys. I have created this account because of this topic.
I've read all the pages and I would like to know, why should we pick superpower now?
Nowadays we can just hit steel with dark (metagross and brozong in super effective)
and I would say knock off is the best gift for scizor!
Imagine, you are with scizor in the first position and the other guy cannot do anything agains it,
he will probably switch. Then, he put a Mega whatever... and thanks to knock off, he is going to
lose his megastone!!
Knock off has now 55 BP, it is benefited by technician and can disturb pokemons like ferrothorn,
skarmory, chansey evolite by taking off their items.

There is one more thing! I don't think the combination of Steel and Insect is the best one.
If you pick bullet punch you shouldn't pick insect atack, unless it would be u-turn because
you will hit the same thread in 'not effective', like gyarados, keldeo, fire types, steel types...
It's just an idea.

Lastly, pardon for my english, it's not my mother tongue.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Coupel errors in your post mate, knock off has 65 base power now, so it isn't affected by technician. Also, mega stones can not be knocked off. That being said thief is a really viable coverage move on scizor right now, it does a number on talonflame, heatran, aegislash, jellicent, etc. It has 60 base power so technician boosts it nicely.

welcome to smogon though

Sorry, when I saw the knock off in serebii, there was 55 but they have changed.
Nha, I would love having knock off... However, between thief and pursuit, i'm picking pursuit.

Thanks porky!

Where the heck is U-turn move? I mean I am trying to make that First CB Scizor and I was looking for U-turn where to egg move breed and I cant find any on serebii. How can I have it? As my team plan is Mega Blastoise Spinner, Scizor CB, Dragonite, TalonFlame, Volcarona and aegislash. Please help me think what to change on this team. hehe I am starting up and this will be my first team that I will breed. So what I m doing now is trying to check the builds of my planned team and movesets and breed it. So any help will be appreciated like this U-turn issue how can I have it when the egg group of scizor is bug only? If I need to breed another one first please tell me.

So as the superpower in this gen can't be egg bred my choice is the bulky sword dance then right? For this team Mega Blastoise Spinner, Scizor CB, Dragonite, TalonFlame, Volcarona and aegislash. Do I need to put the megaEVO to scizor instead of blastoise? Please advice me with this team or correct me if I'm in the wrong thread of asking.

Or what is my alternative for move superpower?

And also if I will go with bulky sword dance what other item can I use with it? As I dunno if I want to use scizor mega. Because if I can't use mega scizor then I should go with offensive one but I dunno what moveset to use when superpower is not possible to egg breed.

Last edited:
So as the superpower in this gen can't be egg bred my choice is the bulky sword dance then right? For this team Mega Blastoise Spinner, Scizor CB, Dragonite, TalonFlame, Volcarona and aegislash. Do I need to put the megaEVO to scizor instead of blastoise? Please advice me with this team or correct me if I'm in the wrong thread of asking.

Or what is my alternative for move superpower?

And also if I will go with bulky sword dance what other item can I use with it? As I dunno if I want to use scizor mega. Because if I can't use mega scizor then I should go with offensive one but I dunno what moveset to use when superpower is not possible to egg breed.
Brick Break is next best fighting move, Aerial Ace is another solid choice, albeit doesn't offer great coverage since U-Turn already takes care of Grass types, it does answer Fighting types that are everywhere tho.

IDK if it's been mentioned, but I've been running a very interesting Mega Scizor set recently

Scizor@Scizorite
Adamant/Technician
252Atk/246Hp/16Spe
-Swords Dance
-Roost
-Bullet Punch
-Knock Off

Mega Scizor is far more than bulky enough to set up a swords dance, but regular scizor is great at forcing switches anyways so finding a free turn isn't particularly difficult. The important thing is how crazy good Knock Off is in gen 6. Knock Off's base power has been raised to 65 in Gen 6 with the added bonus of doubling in power if it actually knocks an item off. Dark has also become a very good neutral attacking type in gen 6 with steel no longer resisting it you have a free 130 base power attack that also cripples anything that manages to survive it by knocking off their items. Standard 252/48 relaxed Ferrothorn takes 67.89% Minimum from +2 Knock off and loses it's leftovers. Combine that with an absurdly powerful priority Bullet Punch and you have a great sweeper on your hands. Dark/Steel has surprisingly good neutral coverage as well.

Is there any good setup with Scizor using a Assault Vest? Seems like a pretty good combo to shore up his special defensive bulk and let him take all sorts of hits and dish them back out.

Edit: Also, is there anything you need 31 speed IV's to outrun in particular for a kill?

Last edited:
Pretty much the set that I've been seeing a lot is the bulky scizor set with scizorite and the choice band set. what about a utility scizor? or a baton pass scizor with scizorite:

item: scizorite/leftovers
  • swords dance
  • agility
  • baton pass
  • u-turn/substitute
EV spread: 252HP (I'm not good with damage calcs but I'm assuming the rest would go into either defense or special defense of mix)
nature: jolly if you want to outspeed everything after an agility , impish/careful if you want to take a hit
u-turn keeps you from being taunt bait, but a substitute can always be helpful
or

item: scizorite/leftovers
  • defog
  • roost
  • knock off/toxic/safeguard
  • uturn
EV spread: 252HP, 252DEF/spDEF

How would an EV spread of 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Sp Def work out for Adamant Mega Scizor? I never ran HP EVs for Scizor in Black/White and I don't really see the need now. Mine has 31 IVs in all but Sp.A and currently has a moveset of Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, and a fourth that I haven't picked out yet.

Edit: Heck, I don't have a Physical Wall yet so I can boost Mega Scizor's 140 Def, instead of Sp Def, and let him do that as a side job. So it would be 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Def in that case.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anybody thought of using him as a Bulky Baton Passer? He has access to Agility and Swords Dance by leveling up I believe. He is decently bulky already. It also has access to Roost (gen 5 tutors) for recovery or Tailwind (same) for even more speed. Defog can also be bred onto it to remove rocks and spikes. If someone could do some calculations for how well Mega Scizor takes hits, draw up its optimum moveset as a baton passer and natures and EVs, I would be grateful.

I can see Mega Scizor being really useful as a Baton passer to. Although it's not his primary role, he can take physical hits and Sword dance until he gets low health and Baton pass to something (Maybe a Honedge? Could work). Now, as much as I want to use it as a Baton passer, I'd rather user it to it's fullist potential. Tho, I wouldn't use a Mega slot on him, I find it could be good for it.

IDK if it's been mentioned, but I've been running a very interesting Mega Scizor set recently

Scizor@Scizorite
Adamant/Technician
252Atk/246Hp/16Spe
-Swords Dance
-Roost
-Bullet Punch
-Knock Off

Mega Scizor is far more than bulky enough to set up a swords dance, but regular scizor is great at forcing switches anyways so finding a free turn isn't particularly difficult. The important thing is how crazy good Knock Off is in gen 6. Knock Off's base power has been raised to 65 in Gen 6 with the added bonus of doubling in power if it actually knocks an item off. Dark has also become a very good neutral attacking type in gen 6 with steel no longer resisting it you have a free 130 base power attack that also cripples anything that manages to survive it by knocking off their items. Standard 252/48 relaxed Ferrothorn takes 67.89% Minimum from +2 Knock off and loses it's leftovers. Combine that with an absurdly powerful priority Bullet Punch and you have a great sweeper on your hands. Dark/Steel has surprisingly good neutral coverage as well.
Knock off is only x1.5 dmg when they have an item. Its viability on Scizor is somewhat questionable; there are other pokemon who can use it better, I think.

Had to pleasure of playing with mega scizor tonight on one of my teams. I must say it's quite a threat, easily setting up to +2 and sometimes +4 in a ton of things faces. It has incredible bulk and offensive capabilities. I'm just not 100% set in stone about its spread. Any help?

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Thief / Knock Off
- U-Turn / Roost / Bug Bite

I prefer Roost over the others and thief to knock off. Knock off does less DMG on megas btw as it counts them with no item.

Would a more bulky spread be preferable?

My team is Lando-T, Assault Vest TTar, SpDef Rotom, Mega Scizor, and Mixed Aegislash (sometimes LO Greninja)

I've been using him, Bulky Mega Scizor is beast. I've been using a spread of 252 HP/244 Sp.D/12 Atk. He doesn't need the attack investment, because he can almost always tank up to +4, roost the damage off and then sweep with BP of X-Scissor. It is very solid.

So since Superpower and Bug Bite aren't available right now, What's my best bet while running a bulky Swords dance Scizor?

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Theif
Roost?

So since Superpower and Bug Bite aren't available right now, What's my best bet while running a bulky Swords dance Scizor?

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Theif
Roost?
SD, X-Scissor/U-turn, BP, Roost

I'm personally torn between using X-Scissor or U-turn. I love the utility of U-turn'ing around until the right time to SD and sweep with BP, but a lot of people say that it's better to just use X-Scissor. *shrug*

I've been using him, Bulky Mega Scizor is beast. I've been using a spread of 252 HP/244 Sp.D/12 Atk. He doesn't need the attack investment, because he can almost always tank up to +4, roost the damage off and then sweep with BP of X-Scissor. It is very solid.
Ok, I really like this EV spread but what do kind of moves should I be using? Roost, SD and bullet punch is a must, but I have a mixed feeling for X-Scissor because it is not very effective against 6 Types...really bad coverage I think.

Ok, I really like this EV spread but what do kind of moves should I be using? Roost, SD and bullet punch is a must, but I have a mixed feeling for X-Scissor because it is not very effective against 6 Types...really bad coverage I think.

Well, what about replacing X scissor with Brick break? just a thought.

I've found that 85% of the time you use BP anyway, but either BB or X Scissor is fine. Superpower will be good when available though. It's whether you need BB to bash Steel, or X Scissor for STAB. Either way, your stuffed by Fire types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)