Sharing is Caring (Kinda) Tournament: Round 1 Pairings

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Predictions! (also I love how I not once got tagged in this thread)

Group 1
- ZT
- ff7hero
- Canis Majoris

ff7 is a newb and Canis isn't much better, so the process of elimination leaves ZT-Human.

Group 2
- waterwarrior
- SubwayJ
- Maxim

Sorry Subway, but you don't seem to have the skill to hold a candle to WW or Maxim.

Group 3
- tavok
- Engi
- AOPS

tavok's semi-new, Engi's a GL, AOPS is in between. Blah blah blah.

Group 4
- dogfish44
- Pwnemon
- Redew

Don't think I can really pick a winner here, though I can pick a loser.

Group 5
- smashlloyd20
- SWF
- Bastiojohn

This one comes down to whether Leethoof manages to keep DQ or not.

Group 6
- Someoneelse
- Solid Gold
- Ragnarokalex

No contest.

Group 7
- Texas
- Laddie
- Mowtom

Mowtom is new, and Lad is shaking off the rust; meanwhile, we have Texas who is Dragon GL and only lost once as leader. (to my knowledge)

Group 8
- Fighterman481
- Rediamond
- Mulan

Opposite of 4, there's a clear winner but no clear loser.

Group 9
- Avnomke
- Gem
- zarator

See 8.

Group 10
- P2X7
- akela
- Gerard

P2 is new and not that skilled. But on the other hand...

Oh darn, Singles is not my forte
Group 11
- IAR
- Tortferngatr
- Matezoide

IAR is really, really, really good, and Matezoide is pretty good too. Meanwhile Tort is shaking off lots of FeO2 that's been building up (that's rust for all you non-chemists)

Group 12
- Birkal
- Psyco_Josho
- Geodude6

I consider myself to be decent at this. I think I can beat Josho, but Birkal, not so much.
Actually I'm turning into Leethoof so...

Predictions time for who loses!

G1: N/A
Good luck, you two.

G2: waterwarrior
He has a huge choke problem, but it could go either way if he doesn't.

G3: tavok
Both AOPS and Engi are actually really good. While AOPS does misplay, tavok is the new guy.

G4: Pwnemon Redew
Moderator > Doubles CoLeader Uhhh

G5: Everyone DQs smashlloyd20
I haven't seen much from him, but apparently he plays well? Eh, I don't know.

G6: Solid Gold
Though inb4 Someoneelse johns

G7: Mowtom
Who is this guy again?

G8: Mulan
Until she (he?) stops complaining about every little thing like Orc he doesn't deserve victory.

G9: Gem
Gem to not post

G10: P2X7
Oooh, two vets. That can't be healthy.

G11: Tort
Shaking off the rust can't be easy when you're up against a GL and a good battler.

G12: Geodude6
Screw you Mega Gengar He's going to john, I just know it.

The very bad predictions:

Group 1
-
ZhengTann
- ff7hero
- Canis Majoris

Sorry, but haven't seen much from you... Haven't seen much from the other two either, but have seen less froom you.
Group 2
-
waterwarrior
- SubwayJ
- Maxim

I dunno. But I bet my friend SubwayJ will pull an underdog win.
Group 3
- tavok
- Engineer Pikachu
- AOPSUser

I've got this! I hope... Good luck you two :)

Group 4
-
Dogfish44
- Pwnemon
- Redew

Yeah... good luck next time?
Group 5
-
smashlloyd20
- starwarsfan
- Leethoof

Assuming no one jhons, swf just tends to choke WAY too much.
Group 6
- Someoneelse
- S0L1D G0LD
- Ragnarokalex

Uh... not much to comment here? Someoneelse is good (IMO), and I've heard a lot of good things about Ralex. I think G0LD is an average player.
Group 7
-
Texas Cloverleaf
- The Wanderer
- Mowtom

Same as Group 4.

Group 8
-
Fighterman481
- Rediamond
- Mulan15262

Rediamond wins. Theo other two are about the same as far as skill goes, I think.
Group 9
- Avnomke
- GemOftheDay
- zarator

Gem is inactive, and even when she was active she wasn't very good (no offense).
Group 10
- P2X7
- akela
- Gerard

Gerard wins.
Group 11
- Its_A_Random
- Tortferngatr
- Matezoide

Don't know that guy, the other two are very good battlers.
Group 12
- Birkal
- Psyco_Josho
- Geodude6

Birkal will win this.

Hey guys, you should totally bring these predictions over to that other fun thread called "Sharing is Caring Tournament: Predictions – SIGNUP".

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I updated the list of matches on the previous page and only 7 are missing. Kinda happy.

Refs that have pending matches, let me know who sent them their mons.

Also, pointing out that zarator and starwarsfan are on LoA, so for them we will wait until tuesday night to see how it goes (which doesn't necessarily mean DQ). For the others, if no team is sent by tommorow, let me know.

Finally, something I forgot: Next round brackets will use seeding. In other words, 1st places will face 2nd places. So getting a 1st place on your group is good to go further more easily in this tournament.

Frosty

=_=
GemOfTheDay is DQ'd.

If you want in, you have 48h as of this post to post here requesting in AND to PM the refs the teams (you will have to do both in 48h). First come first serve. No priorities whatsoever.

Actually Gem appeared and since they are waiting on zara anyway her DQing is suspended for now.

Needless to say, if no one replaces her, the other players of the will still have to battle and still have to stay in DQ. Match decides seeding, so it should be taken seriously as well.

starwarsfan and zarator will get a 48h extension (as of this post) to send teams in. After that time, they will probably get DQ'd. I wouldn't risk it though.

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
please do so Psyco_Josho

thanks

Also, while I am at it...

1) Since Geodude6 forfeited after the battles started, he won't be replaced. Birkal and Psyco_Josho will advance and will battle to see who will get first place seed.
2) I have thought about this over and over and came to the following conclusion: zarator did post a LoA with a specific date of return (june 28th). Since he didn't just disappear and his reasons are sound, I can't just punish him for getting that opportunity (also his timeliness overall played a part here), so I am going to wait until june 28th. BUT this round will end in august 8th (strict two months deadline) and if by then his matches aren't finished and he isn't winning SOUNDLY, I reserve the right to not give him the win.
3) starwarsfan also posted on LoA and his reasons are even more sound. Due to the lack of estimated date of return, I will wait also until june 28th. Same rules as above.

Bottom line: post on LoA if you are going on a LoA. And be sure to get good reasons.

Carry on.

Frosty

=_=
Double Post because this is important.

CC will be given away AT THE END OF THE ROUND. I will post the final rewards for lending mons when round 1 ends. So DON'T claim after each battle. You will have to wait.

I'm totally advancing guyses

you forget what the power of estrogen does to you people

anyways. unofficial predictions

Group 1
- ZhengTann
- ff7hero
- Canis Majoris

Canis is the best battler in this bunch, and he has the most experience here. I sincerely hope he wins this one

Group 2
- waterwarrior
- SubwayJ
- Maxim

underdog vote

Group 3
- tavok
- Engineer Pikachu
- AOPSUser

the one "gym qualifier" he actually wins. PS, i still dont like you tavok.

Group 4
- Dogfish44
- Pwnemon
- Redew

They both know to bring colossoil

Group 5
- smashlloyd20
- starwarsfan
- Leethoof

John says hi

Group 6
- Someoneelse
- S0L1D G0LD
- Ragnarokalex

A complete toss up

Group 7
- Texas Cloverleaf
- The Wanderer
- Mowtom

This is a no brainer

Group 8
- Fighterman481
- Rediamond
- Mulan15262

another no brainer

Group 9
- Avnomke
- GemOftheDay
- zarator

That b**** gem is one of the worst battlers i've ever seen. I hope she dies and loses by a landslide.

Group 10
- P2X7
- akela
- Gerard

No gym arena can save you now.

Group 11
- Its_A_Random
- Tortferngatr
- Matezoide

Group 12
- Birkal
- Psyco_Josho
- Geodude6

Geodude belongs in group 5. Birkal has the easy win.

Frosty

=_=
You know...I am overall quite happy with the speed this is going on. Except for a couple battles. But we should be able to get everything done by the two-month deadline without much of a hassle.

Ah yeah and to clarify how the DQ warnings go. If a player goes beyond DQ, they get one warning, which resets the DQ daycount. So if the DQ Interval is 3-days, after 3-days a warning is given and the player has 3 more days to get to it, starting on the moment the warning was given (which is why I am tagging people like crazy on everybody's match and why I recommend you don't wait to tag them). Also, please tag saying stuff like "DQ Warning". Helps me.

After that only warning is consumed, any player that passes DQ may be DQ'd. Emphasis on "may". If either me or the opposing player lose their patience and call DQ, DQ'd it is. The ref of the match can't call DQ (so it is strict but not THAT strict, it relies on how much me or the opposing player is willing to wait). But he can tag the players even before DQ just in case if he feels a DQ is probable. Or nag me.

Sure, I am checking all matches every other day so I wouldn't take my chances if I were you though.

(same thing goes for refs, with 5 days DQ instead of 3. Also, for refs the count isn't reset with the warning. Its their duty to check the matches they are reffing).

If the user is on a LoA then I will handle the DQ business myself. Most of the time, LoA = no DQ. But if the LoA is too long or has no estimated date of return, I may DQ after I lose my patience so things go on fastly enough.

Last edited:
If the user is on a LoA then I will handle the DQ business myself. Most of the time, LoA = no DQ. But if the LoA is too long or has no estimated date of return, I may DQ after I lose my patience so things go on fastly enough.

Does this mean that in my match vs. Fighterman481, when I was warned about exceeding DQ, but had already posted an LoA for the entire time, does not count as my one warning?

Frosty

=_=
If a player/ref tags you and you are under a posted LoA (emphasis on posted: phone net is your friend) then read that as "please get to it as soon as you can" friendly reminder. It will only be considered a warning if I tag you saying "hey I know you are under LoA but I can't wait forever so I will wait until XX".

Tagging can/should/must occur whenever the player is taking long, but it isn't always considered as only warning.

I hope I made it clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)