Shedinja

Interestingly, Claw Sharpen is legal with Baton Pass (pre-evo move), whereas Swords Dance never was. This means that Shedinja has a very unique niche in baton passing Claw Sharpen boosts. Not that I expect it to be very viable with sandstorm becoming even better and entry hazards, but it is worth noting in any case.
This is probably the biggest thing for Shedinja. Ninetails and Politoed getting Drought and Drizzle, respectively, is nice but with so many Pokemon being able to abuse Sandstorm, it could easily be harder to take away than it was in Gen 4.

zoroark LOL
It should get Magic Guard for the lols

Nothing much has changed for it. But the metagame is more varied and perhaps Shedinja will benefit

At least Shedinja is guaranteed UU with weather abuse being more rain and sun-related there as well as Ubers.

I expect sand to hit OU hard, so Shedinja will once again be relegated to niches in Ubers/UU.

Hmph, something tells me that GameFreak forgot to have Shedinja's base stats to match Ninjask's base total even with only 1 base HP for the third time.

And giving Shedinja a different ability in Dream World would not only make it impossible to catch, but also automatically NU because the ability would be terrible on him.

Anyone considered Shedinja in doubles? A Choice Scarfed Basurao can use Waterlog on Shedinja. Jolly Max EVs on Basurao would out speed everything but Deoxys-s and Shedinja would drop down too two weaknesses. It loses STAB, but the reduction to 2 weaknesses would possibly be worth it on a gimmick team. Shedinja could have a set of maybe-
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant
Moves:
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
X-Scissor
Filler

It could probably get 2 Dances up before they get a chance to kill it, maybe 3 due to Sash. And then Shadow Sneak, and the X-scissor of filler when given a chance.

An alternative to Basurao is choice scarf Golduck, the only thing that will outspeed duck but not Basurao is Ninjask, and duck has Cloud Nine to protect Shedinja from Hail and Sandstorm.

Yeah, sturdy would be better than wonder guard. Right now, SE attacks, entry hazards, damaging weather, and damaging status effects kill him. With sturdy, only the last 3 could (SE attacks wouldn't kill him anymore).

Up until now, this has meant it can't pass anything with Baton Pass, since you can't evolve into Ninjask twice.
I'm pretty sure it could pass Harden. An amusing possibility, but still possible.
It could be an interesting passer of Claw Sharpen due to its ability to force switches (send it on something that can't touch it, Stat-up on the switch baton pass as they break the sash/are outsped (unlikely)). But of course it still has the usual problems with weather, entry hazards, status and gentle breezes...

Since it's impossible for Shedinja to have Swords Dance, Baton Pass and Agility at the same time (due to the evolution issues explained earlier), I'd say going with Claw Sharpen is the way to go. Even though it doesn't boost Shedinja's Attack as fast as Swords Dance can, at least it gives Shedinja something to Baton Pass, since it couldn't BP anything in Gen IV (if memory serves me right). Pokemon with the Hustle ability would benefit from this (like the occaisonal physical Togekiss).

He used Worry seed on Shedinja to remove Wonder guard before using skill swap.
Since when could Golduck use Worry Seed?

Also, I noticed Mimic on Sheddy (I can't think of any other way for it to use Zekrom's special attack). If the player was REALLY smart he would have had an ally with Endeavor for Shedinja to copy.

I assume no, but can Shedinja use Substitute? Also is passing him a bulky Sub any different that passing a normal Pokémon a Sub?
Not unless the mechanics for Substitute have changed.

That person could have stopped that strategy easily if they had just used Taunt on Blissey or attacked Shedinja with Zekrom right from the begining.

Ever since the 3rd gen, Shedinja's been my all-time favorite Pokemon in existence. I'm glad to see others looking into 5th gen possibilities for it already. My current 4th gen Shedinja is Naughty with a Focus Sash(I figure that with 1 HP, Lonely or Naughty would work). Of course it has the common X-Scissor/Shadow Sneak/Swords Dance.

However, as far as I read, I haven't heard of anyone here using Swagger as an option. I just figured that, if Shedinja's only got 1 HP, why not be afraid to boost the opponent's stats just for the off chance they'll hurt themselves. The damage would be stronger if they do. That's how mine is set up, and its worked just peachy for me. Now, with Claw Sharpen, I can just take out Swords Dance and have better accuracy with Swagger.

Your set makes no sense. You didn't list any move with low accuracy so no point in using Claw Sharpen instead of Swords Dance, and Life Gamble will kill Shedinja for an astounding, hey, 1 point of damage.

I don't think any of Shedinja's movepool additions are better than what it already has. It'll probably stay unchanged from Gen IV.
This. And none of Sheddy's moves even from the accuracy boost! What the hell, man?! Claw Sharpen is TERRIBLE on Shedinja!

This. And none of Sheddy's moves even from the accuracy boost! What the hell, man?! Claw Sharpen is TERRIBLE on Shedinja!
Claw Sharpen is the only legal attack-boosting move on a Baton Pass Shedinja. This is because both Swords Dance and Baton Pass are on Ninjask's moveset, and Shedinja is only able to learn one move from Ninjask's moveset.. Since I just trained a cartridge Shedinja the other day, I'll give a quick rundown on how it works:

Nincada leveled up!
Nincada is evolving!
Nincada evolved into Ninjask!
Ninjask is trying to learn (move)! (if at appropriate level)
Ninjask learned (move)!
*at this point, Shedinja is silently created in player's party, inheriting Ninjask's IVs, EVs, and moveset - including the newly learned move*
*game returns to overworld screen*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)