Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But... I use Blissey. :(

It does have the advantage of using Leftovers.
Yes because leftovers obviously gives Blissey a huge advantage and Eviolite boosting Chanseys bulk is obviously outclassed. (I'm just gonna add a sarcasm thing here because someone won't see this joke)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To add to the Blissey/Chansey argument, Knock Off is incredibly easy to see coming. And, well, if it's coming, then don't fucking stay in, it ain't rocket science. It should also be noted that Chansey is commonly paired with defensive Mega Venusaur, which takes a lot of Knock Off users (Bisharp, non-Psychic Landorus and Thundurus, Crawdaunt, Azumarill, Conkeldurr) extremely well, and also takes on its Fighting-type weakness as well. Plus, even without Eviolite, Chansey is still bulky as living hell without it, and not all teams carry Knock Off.

tl;dr Blissey quite frankly isn't the best choice when compared to Chansey. Leftovers isn't exactly even an issue due to how much bulk Chansey gains, outweighing Leftovers recovery Blissey gains.

So don't stay in on anything with Knock Off? It's not like you would leave your Chansey in on a Bisharp anyway... Blissey is complete trash in OU. Why you would use it over a Pokemon that is literally better in every single relevant way is beyond me.
Chansey doesn't get Leftovers (unless you're using Chansey without an Eviolite, and God knows why you would do that). Really, it's all about whether you prefer the added bulk or the passive recovery.

Also, Knock Off has huge distribution. If you think Bisharp is the only mon you have to worry about staying in on, you're in for a rude awakening. Not to mention the threat of Trick/ Switcheroo users (which you don't see nearly as often, but they're around).

To say that Blissey is outclassed by Chansey is one thing, but to claim that it's bad enough for this thread, which features such gems as Eviolite Slowbro and Air Balloon Gloom?

Yes because leftovers obviously gives Blissey a huge advantage and Eviolite boosting Chanseys bulk is obviously outclassed. (I'm just gonna add a sarcasm thing here because someone won't see this joke)
Um... wow. Neither of those are things I ever came close to saying.

AwesomeFennekin

Banned deucer.
Can I just say what I have to say on the Chansey/Blissey argument:
While I do agree Chansey outclasses Blissey, Blissey has a few perks. Leftovers can speed up recovery, and is especially great with Wish sets. It also has a slightly higher HP stat, and while you usually have a Mega to cover Knock Off, doesn't suffer as much from Knock off as Chansey. Not to mention it has a bit of Special Attack to pull off a better attacking move than Seismic Toss.
Not saying Seismic Toss is bad, but Blissey prefers Flamethrower or Ice beam, JS.
EDIT:
Is this the "Silliest Things" thread holding gems like Fire Blast Marowak, or the "Argue about Chansey and Blissey" thread?

EDIT: Dusknoir. Y'know, Dusclops....
Dusknoir has something that Dusclops does not, and that is a usable attack stat. Its physical movepool is decent and includes Shadow Sneak. So it can actually run a halfway decent tank set with, say, Pain Split. But neither is that great in OU (40-45 base HP won't get you anywhere, but at least you can abuse PS).

Meanwhile, the 3v3 meta continues to invade OU for some strange reason: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109129604
Then there's this one, starring mixed CM Chansey: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109127253
Air Balloon ALL the things! http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109129293

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So don't stay in on anything with Knock Off? It's not like you would leave your Chansey in on a Bisharp anyway... Blissey is complete trash in OU. Why you would use it over a Pokemon that is literally better in every single relevant way is beyond me.
A LOT of things get Knock Off. Clefable, Alakazam, Gengar, Manaphy, Reuniclus, Thundurus-I, and Landorus-I are all special attackers that lure in Chansey super easily and can instantly cripple it just by using it on a predicted switch, then just go lul and switch out to something else while you have nothing left but dead weight.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109082279

Wow.

• Baton Pass Scizor with Focus Energy
  • Scizor Baton Passing into Talonflame...against Rotom-W
  • Light Screen Rotom-W (???????)
  • Reflect Alakazam
  • Toxic Alakazam
  • Non-Magic Guard Clefable
  • Return Rock Blast Heracross (he was non-mega)
  • Fly/Flamethrower Charizard-X
  • Super Fang Furret
  • Furret at all
EDIT: Dusknoir. Y'know, Dusclops....
I've used Dual Screens Rotom-W in OU, but that's stupid.
Scizor baton passing isn't new, but oml.
ALSO: Clefable has unaware.

A LOT of things get Knock Off. Clefable, Alakazam, Gengar, Manaphy, Reuniclus, Thundurus-I, and Landorus-I are all special attackers that lure in Chansey super easily and can instantly cripple it just by using it on a predicted switch, then just go lul and switch out to something else while you have nothing left but dead weight.
Umm, what? Almost none of those have even close to usable attack stats, and Manaphy would never run Knock Off even though it has a usable attack stat. Moreover, more of those don't even lure in Chansey. Seriously, what is Chansey ever going to do to Gengar? Landorus I'll give you, but it runs only runs Knock Off specifically to lure in Chansey. Stall has plenty of answers to Thundurus, so it doesn't lure in Chansey. Just because something happens to learn Knock Off doesn't make it viable with it.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Umm, what? Almost none of those have even close to usable attack stats, and Manaphy would never run Knock Off even though it has a usable attack stat. Moreover, more of those don't even lure in Chansey. Seriously, what is Chansey ever going to do to Gengar? Landorus I'll give you, but it runs only runs Knock Off specifically to lure in Chansey. Stall has plenty of answers to Thundurus, so it doesn't lure in Chansey. Just because something happens to learn Knock Off doesn't make it viable with it.
To be fair, I was just listing a bunch of OU-relevant Special Attackers without thinking about how viable it would be on them. And I'm pretty sure someone mentioned using Knock Off on Manaphy somewhere on either the VR thread or OU viability thread.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The argument would be more sound if five of those threats actually had the room and utility to use it. Chansey's never going to do anything to Gengar in the first place, Manaphy, Alakazam, and Clefable have no room at all, and even with the Eviolite off, the pink bastard is still bulky enough to tank multiple hits, so it's not dead weight. 250 HP / 105 SpD is STILL bulky, no matter how you twist it, and it still has similar physical bulk to Blissey given a few off points.

Anyhow, we're done discussing chansey and blissey in this thread. Discussion can continue in their respective threads (Like this one.)

The argument would be more sound if five of those threats actually had the room and utility to use it. Chansey's never going to do anything to Gengar in the first place, Manaphy, Alakazam, and Clefable have no room at all, and even with the Eviolite off, the pink bastard is still bulky enough to tank multiple hits, so it's not dead weight. 250 HP / 105 SpD is STILL bulky, no matter how you twist it, and it still has similar physical bulk to Blissey given a few off points.

Anyhow, we're done discussing chansey and blissey in this thread. Discussion can continue in their respective threads (Like this one.)
you think it's done, but it'll be back the next time someone sees either of them in ou, no one can resist XD

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-109037860
swagplay user getting just desserts from something just as retarded and getting super mad XD

you think it's done, but it'll be back the next time someone sees either of them in ou, no one can resist XD

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-109037860
swagplay user getting just desserts from something just as retarded and getting super mad XD
Why do most people have to use Prankster like that IMO?
(ugh...remembering that one time I faced a Liepard in Ubers.)

Favorite quote from the swagplay user:
SWAAAAAAAAG: I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE EVASION
SWAAAAAAAAG: FUCK EVASION

xD!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rubeta-109211178

Even though this is OU, but this was too good to be true.

Reactions: NWL

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109248921
Spamming Toxic. Even if I'm already poisoned.
Ice Beam Mammoswine (Icicle Crash? Ice Shard?)
Stealth Rock Blissey (the hell)
Thunder Rotom-Heat, because if Galvantula runs it, so can Rotom! Compoundeyes be damned!
Kind of funny how you nearly lost to the person as well, if that Mamoswine had Ice Shard, pretty sure he would of won with the amount of health your Latias, Hawlucha and Galvantula were at. :C

Stealth Rock on Chansey and Blissey isn't that unheard of. Just because it was used by a terrible player doesn't make it bad.
I'm actually more annoyed with you for Defogging your own Sticky Web away.
Sh.....
And the guy had a Deoxys S. I dunno about you but I think Deo-S would benefit more from Stealth Rock than Bissey (I'm just wondering what move they gave up for Stealth Rock on Blissey.)
Kind of funny how you nearly lost to the person as well, if that Mamoswine had Ice Shard, pretty sure he would of won with the amount of health your Latias, Hawlucha and Galvantula were at. :C
But if Mammoswine had Ice Shard, it wouldn't of frozen Chandlelure (Scarfed. And before you say Thick Fat, I carry Energy Ball for a reason) not saying it would of won me the match like XD
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-109270262
This is what happens when I scout in Ubers.
Mew had Transform, and Dragonite (amazingly) had Dragon Dance, Rest and Substitute

Last edited:
-Is Earthquake Darmanitan commom? Cause this guy used it against my Talonflame.
It's on the analysis, people should really look at those before asking if things are common. using it on talonflame is retarded though, unless he was choice locked and didnt want to sacrifice anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)