Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a nice Time Machine spread saved on one of my game files- will all the eggs I make with it have the same TSV?

(And on a moany note, once again America will get events that will never come to the EU. Bad enough that Japan gets everything good...)

I have a nice Time Machine spread saved on one of my game files- will all the eggs I make with it have the same TSV?

(And on a moany note, once again America will get events that will never come to the EU. Bad enough that Japan gets everything good...)
I assume you're on about Shiny Gengar? IKR, Go fuck yourselves America.

Aaaaaannd I need female Kabuto in either a dive ball or nest ball, IV's and the lark are irrelevant, if anyone would be so kind.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

You don't "make" eggs :(. That sounds horrible!

But they will only have the same TSV if you have, a) The Shiny Charm, b) Masuda Method Parents (and always use such) or c) Both a) and b).

Note these can't be interchanged. For example; if you have the shiny charm and are using non-Masuda Method parents, then the TSV will be fixed to one value; but if you switch parents to Masuda Method ones (whilst keeping the Shiny Charm) then it will be fixed, but to a different value.

Aaaaaannd I need female Kabuto in either a dive ball or nest ball, IV's and the lark are irrelevant, if anyone would be so kind.
And even in America, we have to go out to a Gamestop for the event, which seems pointless with Wi-Fi, and a bad idea after the Mega Stone fiasco. So while we got it easier, no one's particularly happy with this method either.

Also, I believe I have a Dive Ball Kabuto, but it's a non-redis spitback from Tatertot . I don't believe there's a rule against me breeding a female from it for you though. So if you're willing to wait, I could get you one.

On another note, what are good Egg Moves and Ball for Rhyperior (Normal or Shiny). Need one for Dex data, so might as well get a Comp one while I'm at it.

I think she means diancie too :P (looked and it didn't seem that Europe was getting it).

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
And even in America, we have to go out to a Gamestop for the event, which seems pointless with Wi-Fi, and a bad idea after the Mega Stone fiasco. So while we got it easier, no one's particularly happy with this method either.

Also, I believe I have a Dive Ball Kabuto, but it's a non-redis spitback from Tatertot . I don't believe there's a rule against me breeding a female from it for you though. So if you're willing to wait, I could get you one.

On another note, what are good Egg Moves and Ball for Rhyperior (Normal or Shiny). Need one for Dex data, so might as well get a Comp one while I'm at it.
You're more than welcome to breed it and make more little Kabuto babies, I just make my breedables non-redis because I don't want people taking the easy road and cloning females I spend my time breeding for them.

(Thanks for following my policy, btw, I appreciate it :) )

well if you want I can help you with that ive bred 2 different ones one with counter and all the fang moves and another with metal burst crunch dragon rush and counter.

Question about a Trophey Case in trade threads.

Are they just non-tradeable show-off pokes to make peeps jelly? ;p
most of the time yes but sometimes people do trade them for verry good offers but most of the time they overvalue them (if you look at competevive value only)

For me it depends. Most of mine are just sentimental shit that I don't really use but care too much about to trade away.

Depends on the person. In fact, I think that Mewdraco might feel differently than I on this subject considering that his rules are a bit different than mine are regarding the trophy cases on our thread :D (at least I think so.)

I don't mind waiting, if you don't mind breeding me a spitback :)

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

There are a lot of reasons people keep a "Trophy Case". A few that come to mind off the top of my head:
• To keep a list of the Pokémon you already have, so that people don't offer the same/similar things. This is useful regardless of whether you plan to trade them or not.

• To display a list of things you have been given or received in trades from other users, which you don't have redistribution rights to. This is again useless regardless of whether you plan to trade them or not, as it makes it easier (in contentious cases) to track who may have broken redistribution policies by being able to see who has what.

• To keep them for archiving reasons. Many have been playing for several years now, and can't always be expected to remember what they have or haven't already bred / caught. Having a list available (and in a trade thread makes as much sense as anywhere) aids when looking for future projects (more relevant to RNGs, but still).

• To display Pokémon which will not be traded for as readily as some of the other Pokémon in their thread, but are still available for trade. For example (with breeding as an example); breeding a flawless magikarp might take 15 minutes (from a fresh caught one) as there are no required egg moves, etc. However breeding a 4 egg move, apricorn ball, incense baby Pokémon may take ~6+ hours (if not longer including time to get the Pokémon from gen IV). In such a case, someone might be more willing to trade their Magikarp for Pokémon, but not the other (as easily).

• To list things you hold particular sentimental value to. I don't have a "Trophy Case" per se (although I do have a list of Pokémon which aren't available for trade on my thread), but if I were to do so I was gifted two Pokémon a long time ago from now absent users I looked up to at the time. This sort of thing would be appropriate to list in a trophy case (to me at least) with a brief explanation of your sentimentality towards them.

Last edited:
There are a lot of reasons people keep a "Trophy Case". A few that come to mind off the top of my head:
• To keep a list of the Pokémon you already have, so that people don't offer the same/similar things. This is useful regardless of whether you plan to trade them or not.

• To display a list of things you have been given or received in trades from other users, which you don't have redistribution rights to. This is again useless regardless of whether you plan to trade them or not, as it makes it easier (in contentious cases) to track who may have broken redistribution policies by being able to see who has what.

• To keep them for archiving reasons. Many have been playing for several years now, and can't always be expected to remember what they have or haven't already bred / caught. Having a list available (and in a trade thread makes as much sense as anywhere) aids when looking for future projects (more relevant to RNGs, but still).

• To display Pokémon which will not be traded for as readily as some of the other Pokémon in their thread, but are still available for trade. For example (with breeding as an example); breeding a flawless magikarp might take 15 minutes (from a fresh caught one) as there are no required egg moves, etc. However breeding a 4 egg move, apricorn ball, incense baby Pokémon may take ~6+ hours (if not longer including time to get the Pokémon from gen IV). In such a case, someone might be more willing to trade their Magikarp for Pokémon, but not the other (as easily).
Those first 2 reasons are enough for me to want to make one.

I've gotten a few non-redistribution shinies (giveaways and trades), would be good to show.

Thanks for all the info bros!

Does Inner Focus Dragonite have much viability? I know Multiscale is superior but I've got a perfect version of both and I don't want to wonder trade the Shed Skin Dratini

Does Inner Focus Dragonite have much viability? I know Multiscale is superior but I've got a perfect version of both and I don't want to wonder trade the Shed Skin Dratini
Maybe for doubles? Although, shed skin dragonair makes a good bulky rest DD set in NU :).

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Inner Focus is a pretty terrible ability (you don't even know if it's working or not most of the time), but I like *Trev*'s idea for Dragonair, that's worth a shot :)

Last edited:
I believe there was a somewhat gimmicky mixed Life Orb set last gen, no idea if it's still a thing.
It's also usable in doubles where Fake Out is more common, or maybe as an offensive Dragonite in Maison to troll all the annoying Fake Out+Fling Kings Rock things.

Hello could anyone tell me if there is a place for people to post there TSV. I would like to be able to help people hatch eggs and was just wondering if this website had any type of list or page to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)