Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. My bad, but cloning isn't? And RNG? Sorry if I sound ignorant or uninformed.
And by the way, RNG is a way of taking advantage of the way the game's Random Number Generator works in order to catch shinies/good IV'd Pokémon. It doesn't directly modify the game – rather, you need to turn the game on at a specific time (among other things, like holding down a button) in order to get the Pokémon you want. It's much harder than it sounds; I don't know much about it besides the basic definition. If you want something more in-depth, there are some threads about it in the post CD_North linked you to and here.

RNG is theoretically possible for X and Y, but the process for it hasn't been discovered yet (and you can breed/TSV hatch perfect Pokémon pretty easily anyway, so why bother), so currently it's only for Generation V and below.

And by the way, RNG is a way of taking advantage of the way the game's Random Number Generator works in order to catch shinies/good IV'd Pokémon. It doesn't directly modify the game – rather, you need to turn the game on at a specific time (among other things, like holding down a button) in order to get the Pokémon you want. It's much harder than it sounds; I don't know much about it besides the basic definition. If you want something more in-depth, there are some threads about it in the post CD_North linked you to and here.

RNG is theoretically possible for X and Y, but the process for it hasn't been discovered yet (and you can breed/TSV hatch perfect Pokémon pretty easily anyway, so why bother), so currently it's only for Generation V and below.
Thanks for the help :>

Edit: I dont have a compatible wifi connection for regular DS and I wanted to trade the Giratina over for Defog. Is the move really worth it?

If you were trying to breed a larvitar in a heavy ball (or a different ball) on the 6th gen and if you can't teach it fire punch or ice punch if you want to give it a moveset for it's mega form, what move would you teach it in replace for the fire punch/ice punch?

Fire fang, Ice fang, or something else?

If you were trying to breed a larvitar in a heavy ball (or a different ball) on the 6th gen and if you can't teach it fire punch or ice punch if you want to give it a moveset for it's mega form, what move would you teach it in replace for the fire punch/ice punch?

Fire fang, Ice fang, or something else?
You could go mixed and teach it fire blast and ice beam with a sassy nature

Assuming you're talking about for the DDance set, Fire/Ice Punch would be okay, but they become a bit redundant compared to STAB. What other options does TTar have? I wouldn't run the elemental beams (I tried, they do nothing).

EDIT: If you're running a different set, then you probably want Stealth Rock.

Assuming you're talking about for the DDance set, Fire/Ice Punch would be okay, but they become a bit redundant compared to STAB. What other options does TTar have? I wouldn't run the elemental beams (I tried, they do nothing).

EDIT: If you're running a different set, then you probably want Stealth Rock.
Fire and ice punch arent compatible with kalos born pokes...theyre tutor moves
Heart Gold/Platinum trade
you dont need wifi for that, just 2 ds's

Okay.

And what do you mean Birdspam?
Birdspam refers to the fact that Flying Types are among the most common attacks in the game, between Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, and a few other Pokemon, since Flying is a type with relatively few good resistors, with Tyranitar among them.

Tyranitar is useful because he deters a Flying type from switching in as long as he can 2HKO them, but sometimes needs to take a Flying attack to do so..

Birdspam refers to the fact that Flying Types are among the most common attacks in the game, between Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, and a few other Pokemon, since Flying is a type with relatively few good resistors, with Tyranitar among them.

Tyranitar is useful because he deters a Flying type from switching in as long as he can 2HKO them, but sometimes needs to take a Flying attack to do so..
Ahhh. I see. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)