Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
hmmm. Thanks Jebus. I'll look into that one then,
That's one gone.
So I guess the confirmed team I have is:
Mega Gengar
Cofagrius
XL Gourgeist (required)
Mismaguis (found my fantastic Misdrevous I got via Wonder Trade on my X and used in a play through, I'm gonna evolve it tonigh)
EDIT AGAIN: NVM: I misread "Post" as "Points" I need to get some new glasses. :D
I'm giving away free 5 IV XL Pumpkaboos, there's a link to the giveaway in my sig :)

Anyone have a unique idea for a shop thread? I'd like to get back into trading on these boards but seems like unless you are offering shiny flawless hidden ability pokemon with good hidden power in matching balls you basically don't get any business.

I was thinking of a shop offering bred and trained useful in-game utility pokemon. Examples:
  • Catcher: Technician Smeargle w/ Gastro Acid, Soak, Spore, False Swipe
  • Horde EV Trainer: Tropius w/ Earthquake, Razor Leaf, Fly, Sweet Scent
  • Item Collector: Frisk Furret w/ Covet, Thief, Trick, Surf
Would anyone even have an interest in stuff like this?

Anyone have a unique idea for a shop thread? I'd like to get back into trading on these boards but seems like unless you are offering shiny flawless hidden ability pokemon with good hidden power in matching balls you basically don't get any business.

I was thinking of a shop offering bred and trained useful in-game utility pokemon. Examples:
If there are (good) Pokémon, then the people will come. Unless what you mean by business is "getting shiny flawless hidden ability pokemon with good hidden power in matching balls".

In regards to the actual question, you could carve a niche by offering season-specific Pokémon (i.e. Ghost-types for Halloween).

Pokes that you can only get from past gens could get some business (Glameow, Buneary, and Misdreavus at the top of my head), 4 egg moves on every single poke just for aesthetic/some random reason or just possibly pokes that are bred specifically for LC <~No one that I know of except Antar does that :(
Cmt for Smeargle
I like the idea about the helpers xD

You could offer those Pokemon as the main idea and still offer normal breedables/shinies/etc. on the side. Sounds interesting but you might run out of ideas pretty fast, see.

That is a good idea. Maybe add a Egg Hatcher either Talonflame or Volcarona too. About the item collector I prefer to use a Galvantula with thief.

Today I was thinking of adding a section to my thread called "Paragon pokemon" this section would include Fully trained pokemon that need 6 perfect IVs to complete a specific set effectively. E.g. Mixed Infernape, Freeze-dry Mamoswine, Mixed M-Chomp, Quiet Aegislash, Mixed CharY etc. Getting 6IVs is pretty challenging so this might get the attention of certain people.

I think I'm ready to open up this can of worms again: Would anyone be willing to help out with an October giveaway (for redistributable Pokemon) I'm planning? Details are in the "About" section on my profile if you are.

Recommended egg moves for Mismagius? Nasty Plot and Destiny Bond are obvious musts, but Curse, Imprison, Memento, Spite, and even Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch for priority seem like options.

Oh, God...just found out that Shedinja can only be in a Poké Ball other than a regular ball in gen III. Anyone willing to RNG one in an Ultra Ball or something?
If so, CMT for it

Oh, God...just found out that Shedinja can only be in a Poké Ball other than a regular ball in gen III. Anyone willing to RNG one in an Ultra Ball or something?
If so, CMT for it
tbh, since all you need is attack and speed, SRing one with a synchronizer wouldn't be too hard

tbh, since all you need is attack and speed, SRing one with a synchronizer wouldn't be too hard
Well, I guess you're right. I also just realized that it can't be used at the Halloween battle competition thingy. Why, Game Freak? Why? And I was thinking of breeding a Sport Ball one, but no ball inheritance for it. :(

The 3rd pokemon in a friend safari should be showing up but it hasnt after many tries. The friend has a face so i assume the 3rd mon should be showing up.

Recommended egg moves for Mismagius? Nasty Plot and Destiny Bond are obvious musts, but Curse, Imprison, Memento, Spite, and even Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch for priority seem like options.
I see you didn't get a reply to this, so I'll give it a go.

As you've already said, Nasty Plot and Destiny Bond are basically required egg moves. However, seeing as ol' 'Magius only has a base 60 Atk stat, Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch won't be doing all that much damage to opponents, considering its Sp. Atk is 105. They are still good choices, and you should definitely choose one of the two if you can't decide on a fourth egg move.

I'd probably stay away from Curse altogether, unless you're not a ghost type. Imprison is pretty niche, although might have some use in the Halloween competition, so it might have some use. Memento is pretty decent as Mismagius is relatively fast, the only problem being that your opponent can just switch out the turn after... Spite is a level-up move, so there is no reason to breed the thing on when you can just relearn the move at the cost of a Heart Scale.

Me First is also an option, and would go nicely with its 105 base Speed and a Substitute, should you decide to forego Sucker Punch (/Shadow Sneak).

If you're looking for gimmicky moves or niche moves, then the other egg moves (Ominous Wind, Screech, Skill Swap, and Wonder Room) might find some use, depending on how unconventional you want your Mismagius.
/longwindedexplanationsfromaguywhodoesnotevenplaycompetitively

- Nasty Plot
- Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch / Memento / Imprison
- Me First

These are probably your best bet(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)