Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still hatching eggs in hopes of getting a shiny spread (past 1000 now).

I heard something about the equipped items being important? Like, if you get a shiny with just the Destiny Knot and not the Everstone, it won't be shiny if you do equip the Everstone because the PID changes? Also, probably not, but does it matter if one of the parents is from Pokebank? I just want to be sure I'm just unlucky and I'm not doing this wrong...
Origin of parents only matters based on whether they're from different regions or not (whether they trigger the MM flag).

As far as I know items do not change the PID [including Everstone, I have ~5 different natures with the same PID, they're not connected anymore similar to in Gen V].

The only things that change the PID if it's static are (i) Changing from non-MM parents to MM (or vice-versa); (ii) Picking up the Shiny Charm (or hacking it out of your game if that's your thing); (iii) a combination of (i) and (ii).

Naturally in all 3 cases there's a different (well, most likely different, they could be the same) fixed PID. So it might always be 00000001 if you have Shiny Charm but non MM parents, 00000002 if you have MM parents but not Shiny Charm and 00000003 if you have MM parents and Shiny Charm. But it will stay as the specific number unless you change one of those factors.
Power Items can change the PID, but I don't believe Everstone or Incense items do.

Just hatched adamant 31/31/*/*/31/31 shiny charmander. Is it competitively usable without a 31 in it's Def stat or is it just a bust without it?

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just hatched adamant 31/31/*/*/31/31 shiny charmander. Is it competitively usable without a 31 in it's Def stat or is it just a bust without it?
If you want competitive shinies, you should really look into TSV hatching if you haven't already. If you're dead set on using things with your OT, I'd say that it's useable. If it were me though, every time it was KO'd by a physical move I'd be wondering what if...

If you want competitive shinies, you should really look into TSV hatching if you haven't already. If you're dead set on using things with your OT, I'd say that it's useable. If it were me though, every time it was KO'd by a physical move I'd be wondering what if...
Mega Charizard X isn't that good defensively anyway is it?

Mega Charizard X isn't that good defensively anyway is it?
true it's not like he would survive an earthquake to the face. However I would check on that defense IV when you get the chance. If it is above 28 personally I don't think it would matter that much at all.

Reactions: ckn
Currently SRing Thundurus. I have an HP checker and Speed checker but is there anything else I can check for? I look at how much damage it does to my Smeargle with Crunch/Discharge, is there anything else?

This SRing is taking forever :/ I want to be over with it already...

Currently SRing Thundurus. I have an HP checker and Speed checker but is there anything else I can check for? I look at how much damage it does to my Smeargle with Crunch/Discharge, is there anything else?

All you can do with SRing is have the HP and Speed checkers and a Synchronizer. After that it's all up to how the RNG falls.

I believe there is a guide made for this but i'm not sure :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)