Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LF: Someone with a metal coat that can use it to evolve my Onix (I trade you onix, you give it metal coat and trade it back). In return, you can either clone it (Relaxed 31/31/31/31/31/0), or get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Larvesta.

Last edited:
Hey there, just a quick question, for rated battles and stuff like that, would I need alola-bred Pokémon now? My whole collection is pentagon like... :P

Hey there, just a quick question, for rated battles and stuff like that, would I need alola-bred Pokémon now? My whole collection is pentagon like... :P
No, you can use pentagon pokemon on battle spot! :) The only exception is championship battles (VGC).

LF: Someone with a metal coat that can use it to evolve my Onix (I trade you onix, you give it metal coat and trade it back). In return, you can either clone it (Relaxed 31/31/31/31/31/0), or get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Larvesta.
I can help you for free if you haven't found anyone right now

I got a question about hidden power IVs. As we all know, HP fire spreads are on this form:

x/x/x/30/31/30

Question: Does this mean that the last 3 IVs (sp.atk / sp.def / spe) always have to be even/odd/even?

(I'm asking because I'm soft resetting a HP fire legendary, where getting an IV of 30 is very unlikely, so I'm just wondering if I can just SR straight away if I see that the sp.atk is an odd number, for example)

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Hmm alright.. That'll be the actual evens on site right? Or does that also include the official ones hosted online by Nintendo as well?
VGC is TPCI's official Doubles format that is used for IRL events and most of the online competitions. As for this season, the Pokemon are restricted to Sun/Moon-born species only.

Rated Battle spot currently allows both Gen VI and VII-born Pokemon to participate. Although that may or may not change with the upcoming season that starts next month. For Free Mode, all transfers are allowed.

The Smogon tiers allow all transfers as long as they abide by the tier's ruleset.

I got a question about hidden power IVs. As we all know, HP fire spreads are on this form:

x/x/x/30/31/30

Question: Does this mean that the last 3 IVs (sp.atk / sp.def / spe) always have to be even/odd/even?

(I'm asking because I'm soft resetting a HP fire legendary, where getting an IV of 30 is very unlikely, so I'm just wondering if I can just SR straight away if I see that the sp.atk is an odd number, for example)
Yes. If SpA is an odd number, then its HP can't be fire.

Hmm alright.. That'll be the actual evens on site right? Or does that also include the official ones hosted online by Nintendo as well?
- The real life VGC events are Alola-born only
- The VGC battle spot ladder is Alola-born only
- As for online competitions, the rules vary from competition to competition :)

Last edited:
Is it possible to get shiny mew from pokemon red, blue and yellow? I know there's a glitch to encounter mew but don't know if it's possible to get it's shiny form.

Is it possible to get shiny mew from pokemon red, blue and yellow? I know there's a glitch to encounter mew but don't know if it's possible to get it's shiny form.
Yeah, it sort of is. But it's a lenghty and extensive process from RNG'ing to actually transfering Mew over to SM. I personally wouldn't even bother with it.

Shinys didn't exist till gen 2.

I think there's a glitch method to make them shiny, don't know if that's considered legal tho.
It's a not a glitch. The Bank checks for possible shininess based on the Pokemon's IVs which is how you can manipulate it.

Afaik all the VC Mew events had set DVs that resulted in a non-shiny transfer, which would make shiny VC Mew illegal. Glitch encountered Mew are also unable to be transferred without using another glitch to modify their OT info.

Yeah, it sort of is. But it's a lenghty and extensive process from RNG'ing to actually transfering Mew over to SM. I personally wouldn't even bother with it.
That's not what RNGing means.

Is Quick Feet Shroomish in a Safari Ball a legal combination? I'm getting conflicting reports about the Male parents pokeball is passed down. Does it only happen with Ditto or is there a chance of it happening when bred with a Female?

Is Quick Feet Shroomish in a Safari Ball a legal combination? I'm getting conflicting reports about the Male parents pokeball is passed down. Does it only happen with Ditto or is there a chance of it happening when bred with a Female?
You can pass down the ball when both Mons are from the exact same species, so when breeding two Shroomish, the female one has the HA Quick Feet and the male the Safari Ball then there is a chance of getting a Safari Ball quick feet shroomish.

You can pass down the ball when both Mons are from the exact same species, so when breeding two Shroomish, the female one has the HA Quick Feet and the male the Safari Ball then there is a chance of getting a Safari Ball quick feet shroomish.
That matches what I read on Bulbapedia.

Must have just been unlucky - I bred a few Shroomish yesterday and they all had the Females ball.

Yeah thanks for answering guys. I was thinking about that for a while because I got that shiny mew from a special giveaway in twitch. I'm know it was cloned because I got the last mew and I don't know if it's good or not. I know getting mew the fastest way is through cheating, but can somebody alter the symbol (the pentagon, clover and the gba thing)?

Is there a way to get HA in friend safari? I'm always trying to find one and still nothing, heck I already found a shiny before that HA pops up.

Is there a way to get HA in friend safari? I'm always trying to find one and still nothing, heck I already found a shiny before that HA pops up.
There is a chance of getting the HA. You and the other guy have both to be online once at the same time to unlock the third Pokemon and the Hidden Abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)