Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Wow, Torn got banned? Where can i find the thread, seriously, there is nothing on the Blind voting and neither the #suspect thread...Links please?

So Keldeo will stay and Tornadus-T will go...I would be lying if I said I was the only one who saw this coming. So with "Big Bird" gone, where does this leave teams that use Tornadus-T?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
So Keldeo will stay and Tornadus-T will go...I would be lying if I said I was the only one who saw this coming. So with "Big Bird" gone, where does this leave teams that use Tornadus-T?
Hm... i think that rain will be going down little by little, Sdefensive rotom wash would have much less usage, Jirachi too...rain is going to become more like BW1. Hi Tornadus-I, welcome back.

Also, thanks Novaray.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
whats a good combination of BW/2 UU walls ?
Hey Darkblitz720, I'm a little confused to as what you're asking. Are you wondering what's a good combination of BW2 UU walls to use in OU or UU. If you are wondering for UU, I suggest you ask in the Simple Question and Answer UU Edition thread:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3469203

If you are wondering for OU, some walls I've had success with in OU from the UU tier are Porygon2, Milotic, and Slowbro. A solid defensive core in OU that consists of under tiered Pokemon is Slowbro+Amoonguss which cover each other's weaknesses well and both have Regenerator to heal 1/3 of their HP every time they switch out.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
whats a good combination of BW/2 UU walls ?
If you're using them in OU? Well Slowbro and Amoongus form a good pair, and adding Heatran really helps too. There's also Pokémon like Chansey (although he's not UU anymore since he got banned) and Cofagrigus isn't so bad considering he has a great ability. But if you're looking for Pokémon to use in UU, check the UnderUsed forum instead.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
modest jolteon is outrun by starmie and up (base 115+), so no modest jolt is not really an option

Wow, Torn got banned? Where can i find the thread, seriously, there is nothing on the Blind voting and neither the #suspect thread...Links please?
it's not really official yet since the thread hasn't been closed, but the vote count is in the topic of #suspect and yeah it's pretty clear how the vote ended - supermajority for tornadus-T uber and keldeo OU

Yay, uniqueness! Of course, this doesn't solve everyone's "Rain Problem," but to me, it is a good step.
It actually does solve most of the problems steming from Rain's popularity, because now all the common rain abusers sans Toxicroak are either HPump or Thunder spam-mons (Keldeo, Thundurus are the 2 big ones) so instead of having to pack both a flying and water resist, you can now use a grass-type mon like SpDef Celebi or just slap a Latias on your team and have a decent defensive backbone against rain, with just one poke when you needed 2 before!

I need a physically offensive pokémon who resists Fighting for a (fairly) balanced Sun team.

The team consists of defensive Ninetales, SD+BP Sawsbuck, ScarfTran, Sash Terrakion, defensive CMLatias, and 4 attacks LO Gallade.

The team as a whole works well together, despite my being a mediocre player at best, but I'm looking to replace Gallade because he doesn't really do anything. At most he'll sponge a Mach Punch aimed at Sawsbuck but die the next time he comes in. I've tried physical Venusaur over Sawsbuck to help mitigate the Fighting-type weakness, but that still leaves me with a useless Gallade. Help?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I need a physically offensive pokémon who resists Fighting for a (fairly) balanced Sun team.

The team consists of defensive Ninetales, SD+BP Sawsbuck, ScarfTran, Sash Terrakion, defensive CMLatias, and 4 attacks LO Gallade.

The team as a whole works well together, despite my being a mediocre player at best, but I'm looking to replace Gallade because he doesn't really do anything. At most he'll sponge a Mach Punch aimed at Sawsbuck but die the next time he comes in. I've tried physical Venusaur over Sawsbuck to help mitigate the Fighting-type weakness, but that still leaves me with a useless Gallade. Help?
As i can see, your sun team lacks a spinner. If you need a safe switch in against fighting Claydol is a nice option as he can rapid spin as well as Donphan. But, if you want to have it offensively, maybe Landorus-T could work. He has amazing 145 base attack and an awesome ability that makes him one of the best counters for Terrakion and any fighting type pokemon.

Landorus-T @ Leftovers | Intimidate
Adamant Nature | 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Earthquake | U turn | Stone Edge | Stealth Rock or Gravity

Here some calcs with a Terrakion using close combat (the most used fighting type pokemon):

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs 200 HP/244 Def Landorus-T: 33.6% - 39.84%. 3-4 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs 200 HP/244 Def Landorus-T: 22.49% - 26.56%. 5-6 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Flying, Poison, Bug - you are looking for those types.

If you need more hazard support, you may take a look at Scolipede. It is blessed with a fortunate speed tier in OU and is able to check Terrakion and check-trap Latios. The Bug Gem variant can score an OHKO on fast Deoxys-D and proceed to lay down its own entry hazards. Keldeo is bitch for you, though.
Crobat is another good one and pretty much faster than any non-scarf Pokemon. It is probably less impressive when Tornadus-T gets the boot, but you still can grab momentum against things like Scarf-Tar or Alakazam and check non-scarf Keldeo (or Keldeo locked into Secret Sword). And you get recovery.
Aaand, of course more OU proof options like Gyarados and Landorus(-T). Gyarados probably less when you have Drought, but Landorus-T is very solid thanks to Intimidate.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Now that Tornadus-T is gone, is it worth using Tornadus-I? The Sub set has it's merits to protect itself from revenge killing, though a spinner is almost mandatory with him now.

Now that Tornadus-T is gone, is it worth using Tornadus-I? The Sub set has it's merits to protect itself from revenge killing, though a spinner is almost mandatory with him now.

I would yes. Tornadus-I is one of few that have a STAB Hurricane along with Dragonite and Moltres. People will over prepare for Thundurus-T in the rain and using any of the three I named earlier will get a huge boost in use and will catch susceptible since Thundurus-T will find more counters.

Try out Kingdra! It counters rain teams well. Not to mention its a great counter to other weather team if it consists of rain dance. If you want the CC, then try Terrakion or Lucario.

With Lucario you get priotity moves that are devastating after a swords dance

With Terrakion, you get absolute SHEER power. You could Scarf, Band, or SD it. To whatever suits your playstyle
Ok, kingdra sounds great!

Just one problem: it needs draco meteor. If i use that, it will end its sweep fast, since i cant switch it out on hyper offense due to momentum. Is it possible to replace that with dragon pulse?

Edit: Also, Is using hp fire to counter ferrothorn (in rain) worth it? And btw, how are life orb numbers calculated?

As i can see, your sun team lacks a spinner. If you need a safe switch in against fighting Claydol is a nice option as he can rapid spin as well as Donphan. But, if you want to have it offensively, maybe Landorus-T could work. He has amazing 145 base attack and an awesome ability that makes him one of the best counters for Terrakion and any fighting type pokemon.

Landorus-T @ Leftovers | Intimidate
Adamant Nature | 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Earthquake | U turn | Stone Edge | Stealth Rock or Gravity

Here some calcs with a Terrakion using close combat (the most used fighting type pokemon):

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs 200 HP/244 Def Landorus-T: 33.6% - 39.84%. 3-4 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs 200 HP/244 Def Landorus-T: 22.49% - 26.56%. 5-6 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
That Landorus-T set looks perfect, actually, and it will let me use a more versatile Terrakion set. I think that Landorus-T is exactly what this team needs. Thanks!

How come the Thundurus-T page in the strategy dex says Thundurus-T outspeeds Timids Venusaur in the sun? Can someone explain this to me?

"If you use Modest, consider dropping the Speed EVs to 188; this lets Thundurus-T outspeed Timid Venusaur in sun and Jolly Stoutland in sand after a boost."

If this is what you're referring to, that's in the Agility set. Thundurus-T out runs Venusaur at +2 speed.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor

You could try Rock Polish / Swords Dance Landorus-T. The set should help combat other sun teams, murders sand teams, and its quite powerful and fulfills the very role you seek.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers / Muscle Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

The speed EVs hit 264, allowing you to outpace those Pokemon hitting that speed tier (I think it consist of Tentacruel and a few others I can't remember, but I do know its often a good # to hit). If you want specifics the speed tier page for BW2 should be on SmogonDex somewhere, and should tell you what you hit.

I dumped the rest into HP so you have bulk to set up your move of choice. I wish you luck on your team!

I'm not really a fan of Double Dancing sets in general, but I'll be sure to give it a try and see how it works. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)