1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Matthew, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacaen

Sacaen

Dragsaw

Try using Serebii's IV calculator, it can tell you if your pokemon has the stats you are looking for.

http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml

Also use Outrage instead of Brick Break and Life Orb or Lum berry instead of Muscle Band.
  2. dragsaw

dragsaw

Thanks i was just asking as his speed seems lower than most haxorus
  3. Sacaen

Sacaen

Well, if you followed the link I gave you and plugged in your Haxorus's stats, you would see your Haxorus has a speed IV of 0 (assuming you put 252 speed EVs in it) which is really quite bad. An Adamant Haxorus with 252 speed EVs and 31 Speed IVs should have 293 speed.
  4. MrEon

MrEon

How many priority users are there on an average OU team? I know there are a bunch of viable ones such as Scizor, Breloom, Mamoswine, Toxicroak, Dragonite etc. but I don't think anybody runs more than 1-2, right?
  5. BurningMan

BurningMan fueled by beer

Yeah people usually won't use more than 1 or 2 priority mons sometimes people use 3 if they don't got a scarfer on their team and want to cover all revenge killing with priority but that is a rare case.
  6. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

expanding on burningman's answer, there's really no limit to the number of priority users you can have on an average ou team, but on a standard offensive team it's gonna be 1 or 2. hyper offense you will probably see 2, but 3 is also a real possibility. on semi stall or stall teams you'll only see 1 priority user if any at all. common examples of ou priority users include scizor, breloom, dragonite, lucario, mamoswine, and conkeldurr.
  7. Hiddenfreezer

Hiddenfreezer

I want to compare something in theorymon: How strong is a ice shard from Kyurem Black (compared to BP Scizor, Espeed Nite, all with Band and max EV'sIV's etc.)
  8. TaBuu

TaBuu

Well in terms of just raw power, I placed the calcs in Honkalculator:
    252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 132-156 (38.7 - 45.74%)
    252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 162-192 (47.5 - 56.3%)
    252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite ExtremeSpeed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 147-173 (43.1 - 50.73%)
  9. Governess

Governess A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

How useful is CB Durant? The raw power is much appreciated, though, is the chances of missing worth the chances? Same for Choice Scarf. Or is Hone Claws the only 'viable' option for Durant in OU? It's generally outclassed by its lacking stats, but how would it be used in OU? Thank you in advance.
  10. Birkal

Birkal Caw.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

This thread has run its course. You can check out the new OU SQSA Thread, updated with relevant links and a new FAQ! Thanks to all who participated in this thread. See you on the flip side!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)