Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Uh, potentially. If you are worrying about outrage stuff, and want to counter both sets then sure, that is the way. However, most gouging sets won't run outrage, as either they are using dragon claw or just clicking a fire type move (haven't faced sun gouging much though, so I could be wrong).
If you want to counter band gouging in sun, dondozo, bulky tusk and Lando-T are good options, though sometimes you just have to sack mons and revenge kill it.
I feel it's a skill check to know when to sack a mon, and a team building check to not have a team crumple from nice, both things I need to perfect.

But if Outrage has taken a hit in usage all the better. Thanks

I feel it's a skill check to know when to sack a mon, and a team building check to not have a team crumple from nice, both things I need to perfect.

But if Outrage has taken a hit in usage all the better. Thanks
I looked at the stats, and outrage is on 17.5% of gouging sets, which isn't the biggest, but is something to consider. The checks I listed above are probably the best or combining a mon that resists fire and a fairy/steel mon might work.

How did you look at the stats for a move? That'll be so helpful in team building
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...y-usage-statistics-discussion-thread.3711767/
They will be posted here at the end of each month. You will come across the page. I've circled which text you need to click. Don't search for gen9.ou-txt in this page, that will show you usage statistics, search for it in the circled link. Just scroll down until you find gen9.ou-0.txt, and in there search for the mon you want. In there you can see what abilities they use, items used, ev spreads, moves used, teamates and checks and counters.
1710651748075.png

Last edited:

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
has smogon ever considered a restriction process like VGC for singles OU? each team can only have x amount of restricted pokemon so you can't for example jam roaring fire, bolt, lando T, ogrepon etc all on teh same team

how would that affect the meta? for better or for worse? or would it be too hard to implement since what pokemon to clasify as restricted would be too arbitruary?
No, we have no need to implement such a system and having the system at all is very arbitrary, VGC only has it so that restricted formats aren't 5 box legendaries and an Incineroar when they legalize box arts.

The effects on the meta depend on what would be restricted.

Is there a place to check what Tera types are used on specific Pokemon ? I usually like to check the movesets/ivs on the 1825 OU moveset pages but I can't find that info for Tera (or I'm blind and if that's the case sorry ^^')

I sometimes like to check what is being used when I don't play the game for a while and it's hard to stay up to date for new Tera types being used so I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to a place where I can see that data.

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
Is there a place to check what Tera types are used on specific Pokemon ? I usually like to check the movesets/ivs on the 1825 OU moveset pages but I can't find that info for Tera (or I'm blind and if that's the case sorry ^^')

I sometimes like to check what is being used when I don't play the game for a while and it's hard to stay up to date for new Tera types being used so I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to a place where I can see that data.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tera-type-index.3716401/

There are no stats for tera types, this is the closest thing.

This does include both new mons, but also old mons such as milotic, so idk how relevant it is.
If you want to find what the most common tera's are for very specific mons, then the dex for smogon shows what tera types are common.
(Damn, somebody got to the response first, but the dex thing is useful sometimes).

There are no stats for tera types, this is the closest thing.

Thanks a lot, unfortunately Hydrapple isn't on the list so if anyone know what types it is currently using (besides grass) thanks :)

This does include both new mons, but also old mons such as milotic, so idk how relevant it is.
If you want to find what the most common tera's are for very specific mons, then the dex for smogon shows what tera types are common.
(Damn, somebody got to the response first, but the dex thing is useful sometimes).

Thanks, I have been using the dex in some cases when I feel it is up to date but that's unfortunately not the case for Hydrapple.

View attachment 616560
This is on the smogon dex, quite a good resource, I find it especially great if I am going into the lower tiers and the metagame is very different since the last time I played.
I updated my last post to avoid double posting but our comments are crossing eachother ^^ I don't believe these sets are up to date unfortunately as I believe nowadays people are running physically defensive Hydrapple with Tera blast being the 4th most common move so I was really curious about what Tera it was. Fairy and Fire are the only ones that would make sense but I wanted to be sure.

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
I updated my last post to avoid double posting but our comments are crossing eachother ^^ I don't believe these sets are up to date unfortunately as I believe nowadays people are running physically defensive Hydrapple with Tera blast being the 4th most common move so I was really curious about what Tera it was. Fairy and Fire are the only ones that would make sense but I wanted to be sure.
Tera Blast Ice is used on the common Hydrapple Stall team.

Hello all, I have a question regarding rain sweepers.
Early this gen, Floatzel was the preferred rain sweeper over Barraskewda, mainly for it's superior damage output. Time passes and in DLC 2, Barraskewda is the preferred one, despite them essentialy gaining the same buff in Flip Turn. But why is that? The only answer I've ever gotten on it was that Skewda's speed tier was better, and the main move the rain sweepers would click most times is Flip Turn, in which case skewda's is stronger. The thing is I can't see anything relevant existing in the gap of speed between Floatzel and Barraskewda under rain, and Float's Wave Crash does such ridiculous damage that it's a viable option just to wallbreak. Are these the only reasons, or is there anything I'm missing?

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
Early this gen, Floatzel was the preferred rain sweeper over Barraskewda, mainly for it's superior damage output. Time passes and in DLC 2, Barraskewda is the preferred one, despite them essentialy gaining the same buff in Flip Turn. But why is that? The only answer I've ever gotten on it was that Skewda's speed tier was better, and the main move the rain sweepers would click most times is Flip Turn, in which case skewda's is stronger. The thing is I can't see anything relevant existing in the gap of speed between Floatzel and Barraskewda under rain, and Float's Wave Crash does such ridiculous damage that it's a viable option just to wallbreak. Are these the only reasons, or is there anything I'm missing?
Additionally, Barraskewda's Liquidation isn't as strong as Floatzel's Wave Crash, however it's still strong enough vs everything that Wave Crash can beat without dealing recoil which is very huge, and it struggles less with Ogerpon Wellspring and Volcanion thanks to its higher attack and Close Combat.

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hey there! I believe Barraskewda was chosen over Floatzel since while both Floatzel and Barraskewda are frail and yes, theoretically, Floatzel hits harder, both are not starving for power and Barraskewda not taking recoil with its main Water STAB is huge. A higher Attack stat and access to Close Combat also allows Barraskewda to deal with Water immunities like Ogerpon-W and Volcanion better than Floatzel could ever dream of.

Hey there! I believe Barraskewda was chosen over Floatzel since while both Floatzel and Barraskewda are frail and yes, theoretically, Floatzel hits harder, both are not starving for power and Barraskewda not taking recoil with its main Water STAB is huge. A higher Attack stat and access to Close Combat also allows Barraskewda to deal with Water immunities like Ogerpon-W and Volcanion better than Floatzel could ever dream of.
Oh, I see now, thanks to both veti and Dead by Daylight for enlightening me on this subject!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)