Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Is Dual Screens Klefki a good option or a just a niche mon?
Seeing as how ORAS, at the moment, is primarily a Hyper Offensive meta, it's a pretty good option. Though, being limited on your other moves in pretty meh :(

This is going to be a dumb question but I haven't paid attention to ubers in a while and I tried to find info about it earlier but came up with nothing.
Is the Xerneas Power Herb+Geomancy set legal in Ubers? I keep hearing two different things from multiple people.

Does the ability Delta Stream affect Stealth Rock damage? Ability comes into effect after switching in, but if you switched in another Flying-type in a double battle with Mega Rayquaza already out, would the other flying type take 25% from Stealth Rock, or 12.5%?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is going to be a dumb question but I haven't paid attention to ubers in a while and I tried to find info about it earlier but came up with nothing.
Is the Xerneas Power Herb+Geomancy set legal in Ubers? I keep hearing two different things from multiple people.
Yes it is legal :]
Does the ability Delta Stream affect Stealth Rock damage? Ability comes into effect after switching in, I think, but if you switched in another Flying-type in a double battle with Mega Rayquaza already out, would the other flying type take 25% from Stealth Rock, or 12.5%?
It does right now, I am not sure if that is the case ingame or not though. (it could be a bug)

If anyone could help me build either
a. a team with both primals and mega rayquaza or
b. a team with primal groudon and mega salamence
your help would be much appreciated; im new to ubers and don't understand the meta much

Is HP Grass any good on Primal Kyogre? I know HP Ground is better for smacking PDon, but is Gastrodon at all relevant in ORAS as an Ogre check?

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Is HP Grass any good on Primal Kyogre? I know HP Ground is better for smacking PDon, but is Gastrodon at all relevant in ORAS as an Ogre check?
nah, gastrodon is way too rare to carry hp grass. you're better off with thunder/ice beam/hp ground

I haven't kept up with the Ubers metagame in a long while and I noticed that there's no evasion clause. Could someone briefly explain why that is the case? If not, could you link to the main discussion that led up to the evasion clause removal?

It's viable as a suicide lead with like Taunt/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Shadow Sneak, and its niche over Scolipede is base 121 Speed (faster than Arceus) and access to Taunt, coupled with the ability to unreliably "spinblock" with Shadow Sneak. I know Edgar had some success with a Life Orb set in XY, but I'd question the viability of that in ORAS. Greninja was subpar in the Mega Rayquaza meta since Deoxys-S was everywhere and Shadow Sneak is too weak to 2HKO that; now that the tier's settled down again and Deoxys-S seems to be a little less common, Greninja could potentially be better, but Spikes stacking offense has struggled in Ubers ever since Defog was buffed.
Thanks. That's a fantastic answer.
I haven't kept up with the Ubers metagame in a long while and I noticed that there's no evasion clause. Could someone briefly explain why that is the case? If not, could you link to the main discussion that led up to the evasion clause removal?
When I asked this a while back, I was told evasion clause was disposed of in Gen 5 and just hasn't yet been officially reconsidered. Whether we will get any more changes to ubers after the last two suspects is unclear though. If you're having trouble with evasion pass, you're not alone.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
There have been discussions about whether we should re-ban it or not, and it seems the higher ups are waiting for evasion to have a "big" impact in the meta, like in a match in some tour, that would clearly put forward the capability of evasion as a strategy for a lot of people to witness.

How does Parental Bond interact with the moves Seismic Toss, Counter and Mirror Coat?
Say, I have a Mega Kangaskhan and it uses Seismic Toss, does it deal 200 damage or 150 damage?
Also, what about a Mega Kangaskhan using Counter? If I took, say, 100 damage, how much do I deal back?

How does Parental Bond interact with the moves Seismic Toss, Counter and Mirror Coat?
Say, I have a Mega Kangaskhan and it uses Seismic Toss, does it deal 200 damage or 150 damage?
Also, what about a Mega Kangaskhan using Counter? If I took, say, 100 damage, how much do I deal back?
I don't know about Counter/Mirror Coat, Seismic Toss does fixed damage which is not affected by Parental Bond. In other words, in lv100 battles Parental Bond does 2*100 aka 200 damage per attack.

Hi guys, I trying to build an ORAS Ubers team using the duo dragon core, with SD life orb Rayquaza as the wallbreaker, and DD MegaMence as the cleaner. May I know which pokes would be the most troublesome for the core to face, as well as some good partners for the core?

Hi guys, I trying to build an ORAS Ubers team using the duo dragon core, with SD life orb Rayquaza as the wallbreaker, and DD MegaMence as the cleaner. May I know which pokes would be the most troublesome for the core to face, as well as some good partners for the core?
Some good partners would be something that can counter Ice types and Xerneas, such as Primal Kyogre.

I'm completely aware that M-Rayquaza is banned from Ubers. One thing I can't seem to find an answer to is if Dragon Ascent is banned too (a la all variants of Blaziken from OU). Anyone know?

I'm completely aware that M-Rayquaza is banned from Ubers. One thing I can't seem to find an answer to is if Dragon Ascent is banned too (a la all variants of Blaziken from OU). Anyone know?
No, its still legal. The option to mega evolve is removed though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)