Resource SM RU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Excuse me but is there a any reason that why this tier is so unpopular compared to other lower tiers?
The best explanation I can figure is that we aren't low enough to attract the people that want to use their favorites is a tier they work in and that our mon distribution tends towards the sort of oddball stuff that not all fans of the games are into. Stuff like salazle, registeel, or comfee. We do have a few fan favorites, Zoro, umbreon, and venusaur come to mind. But the majority of our mons tend to fall more towards "wtf?" than do towards "Super cool". So I think we loose out a lot on scrubs who are in it because they like Pokemon. Just taking a stab at it though. To be honest the question has perplexed me at times as well.

Tldr: too much gen 5-7 not enough 1-3 (not that I'm complaining)

When are we getting VR updates? Because Pokémon like Linoone should be much higher, and Salazzle should be S, and why is Blastoise D
Linoone should raise (I made a post about it), Imo Salazzle is fine where it is, it isnt meta defying, but is really good at what it does, and Blastoise is just straight buns, where else should it be?

The analysis page of Dhelmise suggests using a spread of 172HP 252Atk 84Spe.

Since there is no actual analysis yet there is no explanation on what the 84 speed EVs are for. Who does Dhelmise outspeed with that amount and is it still relevant?

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The analysis page of Dhelmise suggests using a spread of 172HP 252Atk 84Spe.

Since there is no actual analysis yet there is no explanation on what the 84 speed EVs are for. Who does Dhelmise outspeed with that amount and is it still relevant?
The 84 EVs allow you to outspeed uninvested 50 based mons (Diancie, Donphan and Regi), while being faster than Regi is indeed relevant, it's more recommended to just use Max Speed (Adamant) on Dhelmise then you outspeed things like Umbreon and Mantine as well

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Really? How so? It's one of the few Megas available, I'd think if it were to be good it'd be now.
Outclassed by Florges as a fairy. Normal/Fairy isn't very good in this meta. The Fighting resistance is important and the only Ghost hits it super-effectively with Iron Head anyways. It's also extremely passive, relying on Wish + Protect for recovery gets it worn down easily. Lacking Leftovers also hurts.

teachable

Banned deucer.
Really? How so? It's one of the few Megas available, I'd think if it were to be good it'd be now.
In addition to what was said above, if you're opting for a Calm Mind set, Comfey generally does it better. It basically only outclasses it by having access to some moves like Fire Blast but is far slower w/ no Priority so it can't exactly sweep.

teachable

Banned deucer.
Hey, I was wondering if there are any notable KO's Salazzle misses out on if it runs Sludge bomb over Sludge Wave?
Well, their Z-Move power is the same. So without running any calcs, you wouldn't be able to OHKO Bulletproof Kommo-o w/o popping your Z-Move, and you would be forced to go for a Fire Blast (miss chance) vs Chesnaught. Lower chance to OHKO Venusaur and Mantine at +2, also from the top of my head. Probably more, Salazzle is an offensive mon so the increased chance of poison isn't really relevant too often.

teachable

Banned deucer.
Why is Heliolisk so low in the Viability Rankings? It seems like a ddecent, versatile glass cannon to me *shrugs*
The viability rankings are for discussion :D, so in the future a justification or a post aguing for a heliolisk rise would actually be super great to stimulate some discussion on the forum.

Basically it is just fast enough where a lot of offensive pokemon outspeed it, and just not strong enough where it struggles to break defensive Pokemon. This kinda pigeonholes it into being a specs user (scarf is bad because you lack the power without a booosting item to actually revenge kill stuff) but even at that role it isnt as scary to switch into as something like Yanmega or Kommo-o. Electric/Normal isnt a grrat typing offensively or defensively, and it doesnt have a great movepool outside of STABs. The only merit it has is breaking through the old Mantine/Rhyoerior defensive core but even just by throwing a grass type into the mix Heliolisk's job becomes even harder.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is Heliolisk so low in the Viability Rankings? It seems like a ddecent, versatile glass cannon to me *shrugs*
Easily walled, 4mss, mediocre speed in today's standards, very frail, doesn't really excel in doing one thing.

Only niche I can see is using solar power but then you get too much recoil assuming LO so :/ and its not worth the hassle also

edit: fuck teachable

Whose been using Drapion? It jumped to RU this shift and I still don't know why. The Research week is definitely not popular enough to have an impact on usage.

Can someone tell me why Aurora Veil is more broken than Reflect/Light Screen? I honestly don't get the NU ban.
You can Defog it, Brick Break it or Psychic Fangs it(hi sharpedo)

Also Nidoqueen is crazy, already making a great impact in RU. Love it

Can someone tell me why Aurora Veil is more broken than Reflect/Light Screen? I honestly don't get the NU ban.
You can Defog it, Brick Break it or Psychic Fangs it(hi sharpedo)

Also Nidoqueen is crazy, already making a great impact in RU. Love it
Teams that utilize veil are very offensive and packed with set up sweepers. It's hard to find time to actually click defog without being too pressured and clicking it often means letting the mon in front of you set up essentially for free. Psychic fangs is run on two mons, one of which isnt that great and in sharks case if the opponent isnt weak to psychic, it has to choose between actually hitting it hard or just breaking the veil, which will probably lead to sharpedos death because its made of paper. Brick break is just a shit move in general thats inferior to any other fighting move outside of this one application, and if teams are being forced to run it to deal with veil thats probably a bad sign

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)