Small Subjective Changes (Controversial Edits)

Post small subjective changes in this thread. This thread is for subjective changes only. If you find an error that is syntactical, grammatical, typographical, orthographical, or technical please use the Small changes thread.

Subjective changes includes:
  • Removing excess move options from a move set.
  • Small additions to a move set.
  • A change in an EV Spread.
  • Any small additions or revisions to Other Options or Counters.
  • Any small change that is subjective in nature, but is too trivial to go in a peer edit.

Notice: To those with SCMS access, you do not need to post here. Simply make the change yourself directly and provide your reasoning in the "Edit Reason" box. If you make a change suggested by another user on the SCMS, please list your reasoning as "Small Changes Thread" so one of us can come and delete the appropriate posts.

Couple each post with a link to the relevant analysis or article you are requesting a change in. Most importantly, if you are suggesting something - back it up with reasoning. It doesn't help us to know that you think Farfetch'd should run 220 HP EVs; what helps us is knowing why you think Farfetch'd should run 220 HP EVs.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/virizion/ou

in the additional comments of the Work Up set, it says you need 160 SpA evs to OHKO 4/0 Starmie without Stealth Rock, but the set on smogon is actually 0/4, which requires 164 SpA evs

164 SpA Life Orb Virizion Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Starmie: 265-312 (101.53 - 119.54%) -- guaranteed OHKO
160 SpA Life Orb Virizion Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Starmie: 260-307 (99.61 - 117.62%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The OU Stallbreaker Mew set needs some adjustments, mainly minor ones. First of all, it should always run Timid 88 Spe, this way it will outspeed all variants of Gliscor except 252 Spe, all variants of Lando-T, and anything below that. It should also run 36 SAtk so it can successfully OHKO Lando-T. I've been put in some pretty bad situations early-game where I don't have stealth rocks up and Ice Beam leaves Lando-T at less than 10% HP. This isn't good. 36 SAtk ensures a safe OHKO, and with the Spe evs Mew has LandoT will never outspeed except if it's scarfed. Also, Psychic should be mentioned in AC and not slashed over Ice Beam. Ice Beam is the bane of the set I'd argue, really.

So the set I'm seeing should be changed into is this:

name: Stallbreaker
move 1: Will-O-Wisp
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Softboiled
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 220 HP / 164 Def / 36 SpA / 88 Spe

It still keeps the necessary bulk to tank whatever it could with it's previous EV spread and now it can also still effectively check Dragonite, Garchomp, Lando-T, Gliscor, and the likes. And of course, it can tank a banded Scizor U-Turn assuming you didn't burn it.

Sorry, I'm fairly new to Smogon, this being my first post, and I'm not sure if it's the appropriate page, but the BW2 Analysis of Scolipede seems seriously flawed, it lists it's DW ability as Quick Feet, when really it's Speed Boost. None of the sets provided even reflect this ability, which I find strange considering how good of an ability it is, so major revisions are perhaps in order. Here's the link: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/scolipede/nu (and that's only NU, it has analysis for every tier except Ubers.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, I'm fairly new to Smogon, this being my first post, and I'm not sure if it's the appropriate page, but the BW2 Analysis of Scolipede seems seriously flawed, it lists it's DW ability as Quick Feet, when really it's Speed Boost. None of the sets provided even reflect this ability, which I find strange considering how good of an ability it is, so major revisions are perhaps in order. Here's the link: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/scolipede/nu (and that's only NU, it has analysis for every tier except Ubers.
That's correct, but scolipede only has speed boost in XY. For all of gen 5, its DW ability was quick feet

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware of that. Also, is it possible for DW abilities to change? And if so, wouldn't it be a fourth ability, considering that it's possible to transfer from previous gens. (Off the topic of the forum, I know, but I'd like to know anyway)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware of that. Also, is it possible for DW abilities to change? And if so, wouldn't it be a fourth ability, considering that it's possible to transfer from previous gens. (Off the topic of the forum, I know, but I'd like to know anyway)
Nobody knows for sure, as we haven't been able to transfer things. It's quite possible that it now has a fourth ability instead. Chandelure is another that got its ability changed.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/baton_pass

About its competitive use, it only speaks about baton passing boosts and about it's an entire strategy, etc. I think it should also be mentioned that it is also a great move for scouting, without the need of passing boosts, especially for Pokémon that don't learn U-turn or Volt Switch, such as Musharna. It's even and option over Volt Switch as Baton Pass isn't blocked by Ground-types!

http://www.smogon.com/bw/items/toxic_orb

Currently there is no mention of the ability Poison Heal on this page or why Toxic Orb combos well with it, which obviously needs to be addressed because Gliscor and Breloom are by far the most common users of this item in BW OU. The Competitive Use paragraph of the Poison Heal page sums it up pretty well, and could easily be re-worded and inserted somewhere in the last paragraph.

On Beedrill's analysis page (lol), the recommended set suggests a Focus Sash with 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD EVs to get down to 1HP as easily as possible, so that you can most effectively use Endeavor on the foe. In this case, wouldn't a Defense or Sp. Defense lowering nature make more sense than Jolly? Naive or Hasty seems to be the way to go.

In Gen 2, Seaking's first set, according to this page: http://www.smogon.com/gs/pokemon/seaking

recommends the following moves:

- Swords Dance
- Hydro Pump / Agility
- Double-Edge
- Hidden Power Ground

You should change "Hydro Pump / Agility" to just "Agility", since Hydro Pump+Swords Dance is an illegal combination. (Swords Dance is only via event, and Hydro Pump is an Egg move.)

http://www.smogon.com/gs/pokemon/rhydon

"Skarmory can also be a reliable counter, but beware of Rock Slide flinching and be sure that Rhydon hasn't set up too many Curses."

The most common Skarmory set in GSC (and the one recommended in Skarmory's own analysis) - Drill Peck/Curse/Whirlwind/Rest - does not carry Toxic or Steel Wing, and is therefore not a Rhydon counter at all, let alone a reliable one. Rhydon's Roar, combined with Curse allows it to repeatedly phaze out Skarmory while accumulating Curse boosts as Skarmory switches back in, before eventually 2HKOing it (again, as Skarmory switches in, or while it is Resting) with Rock Slide (+4 (999 Atk) Rhydon STAB Rock Slide vs. Skarmory: 215-252 damage (65-76%; guaranteed 2HKO with Leftovers)). Skarmory cannot make use of Rhydon's predictable pattern to attack it because Drill Peck does negligible damage to Rhydon (Skarmory STAB Drill Peck vs. +0 Rhydon: 34-39 damage (8.2-9.4%; 28-44HKO with Leftovers); Skarmory STAB Drill Peck vs. +1 Rhydon: 23-27 damage (5.6-6.5%; 194-
HKO with Leftovers)), and its own Curse and Whirlwind avail it not, as GSC phazing mechanics favour the slower phazer and Rhydon is slower than Skarmory even before it starts Cursing.

This line should be deleted. Better GSC players than myself should decide if Toxic Skarmory merits a mention as a Rhydon counter, but as it stands this is grossly misleading.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On the BW celebi analysis, the Specially Defensive and Baton Pass sets should move 16 EVs from HP to SpD as it gives Celebi a HP stat of 400 - which is a leftovers number (400/16=25). Rather conveniently, the Specially Defensive set's SpD EVs are already 16 below the max, so just swapping around the stats should suffice in this case. For the BP set, the EV spread will become 236 HP / 208 SpD / 64 Spe.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/pokemon/celebi/

http://www.smogon.com/dex/rs/pokemon/exeggutor/ou/

For the exeggutor's sunnybeam set, I believe its speed reaches 394 under sun which ties with 130 base speed pokemon such as aero and jolteon. It should invest 4 more speed EVs for 208 EVs total in order to outspeed. These should be taken out of HP unless those are for used in order to survive some hit. Feel free to double check this but I believe this is correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)