Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
sick! thanks so much! could you make one with the gold or DPPT sprite? you dont have to im just throwin ideas out there
Sure. I was going to use the DPPT sprite, but I couldn't find it already rendered. I'll see if I can find it though. :]

that actually works perfectly thanks again you can obviously see which one i chose, if you ever need anything i owe you one :D

Bulbasaur Pixel-over (WiP):

Gold Pikachu revamp:

Yellow Dragonair revamp:

Sorry about the D/P Bulbasaur in the top pic, its for reference (shading).

Looking for Cc and tips (the harsher the better).

My attempts at pixel-overs (I don't know how to shade properly yet, so I'm just copying the original art's shading):

In order of first-made to last-made. First one took two hours, then about one hour for Chilachino, and Shroomish took no more than thirty minutes.

Gold Pikachu revamp:

Yellow Dragonair revamp:

the right ear on the bulbasaur looks a little flat but other than that its really good

And another one, (my favorite Pokemon) Drifloon. Fifteen minutes taken, still wondering why the time halves every single time I make a new sprite.

I take requests!

Gold Pikachu revamp:

Yellow Dragonair revamp:

My attempts at pixel-overs (I don't know how to shade properly yet, so I'm just copying the original art's shading):

In order of first-made to last-made. First one took two hours, then about one hour for Chilachino, and Shroomish took no more than thirty minutes.
I just realized how much i suck at Pixel-Overs and Revamps (take a look here). Good job!

You're not bad at revamps at all! :> Much better than I am, though I'd recommend changing some of the outline color to fit with the shading (i.e. darkest shade for the lightest colors, then black around the darkest shade), especially on Graveler since the only black seems to be on the face.

Hope this helps!

You are rather good actually, Doominic. You need to work on the outlines on the revamps some more though.

I also fixed up the ear on my bulbasaur:

Better?

I probably wont finish it, so I'm looking for Pixel-over / Revamp requests.

Have you ever tried devamps before? I don't have any pieces of advice since I've never done them, but it seems like they're no harder than revamps.

Also, Shikijikas.

Probably in between 20 and 30 minutes for the first one, the rest were just recolors.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
They're good, but you need a lot more shading!

Don't be afraid to slam it on basically.

Stuck with the regular shading for the Shikijikas, I'll practice my own shading on Drifloon in a few. Should turn out okay since I made emoticons for almost a year O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)