Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, done with the criticism.

The circled areas are the main problems.

In the first circled area (first one to the left, the bottom of the sprite) is an incomplete outline. That's a big no-no, as it makes the sprite look disconnected.

In the second circled outline (right next to the first one, it's kind of hard to see) the leg looked tacked on. If you copy/paste, try to paste it to it looks connected, usually by position or scratching the parts to make it look connected.

In the third circled outline (around the tail), the tail looks tacked on. Just make sure it looks like it's part of the fused sprite.

In the fourth circled outline (the one highest up), make the arm smoothly connected. Just compare your sprite and my slightly edited one to see what I did to make it look smooth.
There was also no outline near the armpit area of the arm, and (again) just make it look better by changing the pixels around that area.

This is actually pretty darn good for a first fusion if you ask me.

Just for everyone's information, I am going to be away all day today. For important reasons.

Just a quick note for myself:

Deoxys/Gallade
Deoxys/Electivire
Deoxys/Feraligatr?

I'm putting Mewzel into procrastination mode. Not liking the results at all.

So instead I took up the challenge of Milozel. I love the way he turned out, actually. =D

I'm putting Mewzel into procrastination mode. Not liking the results at all.

So instead I took up the challenge of Milozel. I love the way he turned out, actually. =D
Wow that looks really great Fuzzberry!

I'm glad you took on the challenge instead of dropping it. Challenges are always fun. :)

Wow that looks really great Fuzzberry!

I'm glad you took on the challenge instead of dropping it. Challenges are always fun. :)
Many thanks again, Fuzznip. It was a fun sprite!

Now taking scratch suggestions so I can improve on my mediocre scratching skill. =D

I'm a bit too tired to critique now, BM. Maybe tomorrow :(

Looks great Fuzzy. The eyes make it look demented though.

I think you should scratch a shiny Clefable. Not too hard, right?

Maybe I'll start on Galloxys soon.

Ah yes, does anyone want me to make them a gradient? They're very easy :P
Unfortunately, I haven't experimented enough to make shaped gradients.

Finished :P

Thumbnail. Click it to go to the image. And then click on the new image for the full sized image.

I've got another gradient, and I'll upload it in a bit.

Now to try my hand at UU.....

If anyone could make a sprite fusion of a Feraligatr base mixed with a Celebi for my avatar, that'd be awesome.

EDIT: I made a Meowth recolored as a Scyther while learning spriting:

If anyone could make a sprite fusion of a Feraligatr base mixed with a Celebi for my avatar, that'd be awesome.

EDIT: I made a Meowth recolored as a Scyther while learning spriting:
<Sprite>
Very nice, very nice. A little nitpick though: make sure all of the black areas on a tranparent copy/pasted sprite (AKA, a sprite pasted from pe2k or wherever you get your sprites) are gone preferably before you start making the sprite. It doesn't matter much on a recolor, but on fusions and such it is important.

Working on Moltres + Lugia.

Also: Finished the shiny Clefable scratch. I don't think it's as good as my Buizel was. o_o
<Clefable>
Well, I'd say your scratching is coming along nicely. The tail and the left arm are a bit awkward, but otherwise quite good.

You have no idea how hard this was - lots of scratching was involved :P. I think it looks a bit awkward, but I did my best. The flames were murder.

Lutres!
Like Uaa said, the tail is a bit awkward. But you did an amazing job of scratching *applause*

BTW, how long have you been spriting?

So if I count BM, there are 2 people learning to sprite here! Wooooooo!

Thanks 1337! However I didn't entirely scratch the flames, parts were taken from Moltres, but I did have to rotate/flip/erase bits. I mostly scratched parts of the wing and tail. Altogether, I've been spriting actively probably for a few weeks (including all my on and off periods, not implying I started a few weeks ago).

Try using Paint.NET: it's not required, but layering can make things more convenient. It's a lot like Photoshop, but it's free, and lacks some of the functions that Photoshop has. Either way, it makes recoloring take seconds for simple jobs.

Not bad for a first fusion. You can see some of mine: they're horrible. But the head looks pasted on. The coloring style looks GSC, but if that's what you were going for, you did a good job.

Try using Paint.NET: it's not required, but layering can make things more convenient. It's a lot like Photoshop, but it's free, and lacks some of the functions that Photoshop has. Either way, it makes recoloring take seconds for simple jobs.

Not bad for a first fusion. You can see some of mine: they're horrible. But the head looks pasted on. The coloring style looks GSC, but if that's what you were going for, you did a good job.
Paint.Net is good, but Paint is all you need for spriting. GIMP (I've heard) is one of, if not the best free image programs around if you really want to get something.

And for wombat: Basically what everyone else said. I think you need a few pointers though if you want to do really good fusions.

Was trying to scratch something earlier but nothing came to mind.
Summone' give me something particularly awesome to scratch, would prefer it to be non-Pokemon.

Whenever I scratch Pokemon it generally tends to be inferior to the original sprite anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)