Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! I am learning revamping but I tried copying a Skarmory Silver sprite into paint. As usual, the background is black. But when I make it white, half of Skarm's outline dissapears. I know why this happens, but how do I fix it?

Help! I am learning revamping but I tried copying a Skarmory Silver sprite into paint. As usual, the background is black. But when I make it white, half of Skarm's outline dissapears. I know why this happens, but how do I fix it?
Save it to your computer then choose "Copy From..." in Paint. It'll put it in without the background.

That's the lineart for a sprite I'm working on. I need help with the legs though. I can't place them correctly. Any help would be welcome, same with praise!

So, Im assuming the sprite is a Charizard? One issue is that its pose is nearly identical to the current DPPt sprite, so its not really chaning anything

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
If anyone's up for a pixel-over (or scratch), I'd love an avatar-sized sprite of Kingdra would be awesome. If it's a pixel over, perhaps the new HGSS artwork, unless you can find (or scratch! =]) a better picture.

Thanks in advance!

I've pretty much finished my Skymin pixel over. All that's left is for me to fix what is bad (in other words, what the criticism says is bad).

There are weird lines in a few places, but they don't make the sprite look too abnormal. And the shading isn't amazing, as well as the scarf looks weird.

Jirachi looks better than this simply due to the fact that Skymin is much more complicated.

Fuzz, what did you end up scratching?

I never decided. DX

Good news, I have a USB mouse now. =D So I can still take suggestions.

Better news- new desktop soon! YEAAAAAH.

The lineart of your Skymin needs quite a bit of work, particularly his closer ear and his legs. Try using another shade on the scarf.

Well, this might require a bit of explaining for the odd shades. As you can see, from the hands and lower body, this sprite utilizes shading styles of several different Pokemon; Porygon2, Kyogre, Venonat, Tropius, and Spiritomb. All recolored to the colors of Skarmory. ._.

And an overshade of Exeggutor.

Brubrus! Wonderful little Breloom heads that drop jelly when defeated! Be wary of the Blue and Yellow Brubrus, though, they may shock you! Stun them with the boomerang before striking!

Magmortar+Electivire. Kind of meh. >_>

The shiny Breloom pixel over, still meh.

I figured a rough placement for the legs... Let me know how it's looking. It's basically a lot of scratch work, which is annoying with so much detail. The color pallet I'm working with only has 4 colors, including black, so that's giving me a little trouble. Please give some comments and criticism!

Hmm, I suggest just slightly lengthening the left wing. (the one closer to his nose.) Everything else is looking pretty good, Pink.

If anyone's up for a pixel-over (or scratch), I'd love an avatar-sized sprite of Kingdra would be awesome. If it's a pixel over, perhaps the new HGSS artwork, unless you can find (or scratch! =]) a better picture.

Thanks in advance!
I can do it, but it will probably suck so feel free not to use it.

Ahem.

fucking BALLS did this take a while to complete. (mostly because I kept putting it off to do other things... eheh.) Anyway, it's done. I cut banette out because it didn't really look too good... though she has a base color on her, I might color that when I feel like it. C+C please~.

edit: I hate rocks and shading.

AA or anti aliasing will go a long way into improving (most) pixel art. Nothing wrong with the shading, just learn to be extremely and really paranoid and fussy about your lineart and the shading and colouring basically does itself.

It's cute too.

Thanks in advance!
I'd be happy to do this if you could give me a link to said pic or a page showing it, since I am unfamiliar with said work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)