Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I can't see the sprites, either, elemental.

I guess I asked for kinda of lot last time, how about we focus on less now. Can anyone please make a 2 overworld sprites and a battle sprite of may and Brenden from emerald?

Here are some example sprites to use for a base. Please remember to use a max color of 16 per pallet, including the background color.

overworld:

battle:
Yo, so I decided to give this a shot. Wish I could've scratched him, but trainers are hard to scratch... they're somewhat a work in progress:

Battle Sprite:

Overworld Sprites:

As you can see, I need to buff out the battle sprite's pants—which are driving me nuts—and fix up some of the overworlds' hats. And of course touch up everything.
What do you think? Yea or nay so far? :P

And I'll finish up with a couple other sprites...

Re-colored to a Seviper.

Charizard + Giratina = Awesome. Used the Gen III sprite, threw on Giratina wings, and scratched the rest of his add-ons.

Decided to try one of those disguise things after reading Smogon's article... I need to fix his leg. lol

Lately I've been working on my own PokeDex, so I thought I'd share some of the party sprites I made. I'll post the actual Pokemon later, after they're finished.

Comments/critiques anyone?

Japanese Whaling

We all know the situation with Whaling, it will most likely look like this:

(Without added background)

I think its a new avatar for me!
Bye bye Snape

My first try at some recolors and disguises.

Scizor shaded with Luxray. Nidoking shaded with Rapidash. Kingler shaded with Cloyster. Tyranitar shaded with Solrock. Cherrim shaded with Finneon. Leafeon shaded with Shiny Skarmory.

Persian disguised as Purugly and Victreebel disguised as Carnivine.

Really bored so trying some disguises...

Torchic and Piplup (I like this one the best) and Hoothoot and Piplup

Sceptile and Garchomp

Fearow and Articuno

Croconaw and Marshtomp

Hoppip and Sunkern

Pachirisu and Sentret

Spoink and Drifloon

Aerodactyl disguised as Flygon

Floatzel disguised as Zangoose

Lugia disguised as Togekiss (probably isnt very effective lol)
---

Edit: Added Marshtomp disguised as Croconaw.
Added Hoppip and Sunkern
Added Pachirisu and Sentret
Added Spoink and Drifloon
Added Aerodactyl disguised as Flygon
Added Floatzel disguised as Zangoose
Added Lugia disguised as Togekiss

Thanks Seabass. :D

Hey That Torchic to Prinplup is sublime and your Croconaw to Marshtomp is devilishly deceitful and I like it. Here's some more recolors and disguises.

Ok I know the Wobuffet Swalot Disguise looks like a fusion but just imagine the whiskers painted on like makeup. Female Wobuffet tend to wear makeup so its not a stretch is it?

I am going to do it, but what do you think of my Japanese Whaling sprite

EDIT: I did it!

Nidoqueen and Lapras

Kingpin
Water/Poison
Ability: King Smash-If an opponent hits you with a physical attack, you either get poisoned, burned or paralyzed
Base Stats: 100/80/120/80/120/100
Signature Move: Hydroking-150 BP/50 Accuracy (Negates any item which reduces damage of attack eg. Focus Sash)

And just becauser, a Lickilicky disguised as a Pink Blob, who is a spy, to see how the plan of all Blissey to take over the world with huge annyoingness!!!

Nice those sprites are creepily mismatched but oh so satisfying :)

And your whaling sprite is poignantly current event-ish :)

Yeah... I can't see the sprites, either, elemental.

Yo, so I decided to give this a shot. Wish I could've scratched him, but trainers are hard to scratch... they're somewhat a work in progress:

Battle Sprite:

Overworld Sprites:

As you can see, I need to buff out the battle sprite's pants—which are driving me nuts—and fix up some of the overworlds' hats. And of course touch up everything.
What do you think? Yea or nay so far? :P
Thanks so much! omg thanks!

*EDIT* When I tried to change the battle sprite from RGB to Indexed it lists 18 colors in the palette. Can you fix that?

Can someone please make a close up of a calender with 7 days filled with a mamo pic (one each)? Then put the words 'MAMO WEEK' underneath/around it lol.

This is for my avatar btw.

You honestly enjoyed Lord of the Flies?

In any case, the connection between the stick and the head might flow more smoothly if you added strips of bloody flesh hanging down from the head rather than simply having a straight, red outline running along it's bottom.

You might also consider adding blood dripping from the head onto the ground, as well as increasing the amount of blood on the stick, because I'm sure that the process of impaling a head like that would leave more than a few stray smears of blood as you have shown.

I would like to request an avatar of a Pokabu standing triumphantly on a Groudon. But make the Pokabu look innocent still, like it was easy and he's just awesome like that. Thanks :)

If anyone wants to make it a pet project it would be great to have a gif but that's asking WAY too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)