Smog Awards 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Read all about the Smog Awards here!

Every year we like to commend those who make Smogon a better place to spend your time. This thread is to tell everybody about who you think is the best! Here you can share your choices, campaign for your candidates, and maybe even introduce great people others may have forgotten about.

However, there are a few ground rules:
  • Do not insult any member--nominator or nominee. We will be actively moderating this thread.
  • Remember, there are restrictions on who can nominate, found in the article.
  • Votes only posted here will not count. For your votes to count, you must PM The Smog with your choices.
  • Think of others before yourself. Use this thread to bring other users' eligibility for awards to light, not your own.

With that, have fun and keep it civil!

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Bond697 for best researcher. He doesn't post a ton, but he has been behind most of the RNG stuff in 2012 and was largely responsible for the updated damage formula - I think that was this year... That was definitely this year.

Birkal/BIRDKAL for best leader. He has been consistently working to improve any and every area of the site he's involved in. We could use a few more Birkals around here.

Bond697 for best researcher. He doesn't post a ton, but he has been behind most of the RNG stuff in 2012 and was largely responsible for the updated damage formula - I think that was this year...
Bond697 definitely seems like a top notch researcher, but you should also consider Marty. Marty has been _the_ researcher for Pokemon Showdown in the past 10 or so months. He has been constantly on the job testing out things for the simulator and helped fix a ton of inaccuracies.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
DittoCrow for Best Discussion Sparker! He always has new threads that tries to promote discussion~

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Bond697 definitely seems like a top notch researcher, but you should also consider Marty. Marty has been _the_ researcher for Pokemon Showdown in the past 10 or so months. He has been constantly on the job testing out things for the simulator and helped fix a ton of inaccuracies.
This is an understatement, Marty is single-handedly the most accurate source of pokemon mechanics on the internet.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
lmao bmelts (don't think you can hide from me)

Jellicent and Birkal for best posters/nicest users/most helpful

Mekkah for best avatar goddamn it is just too good (though the Christmas present I gave Birkal is pretty good)

ium for best new user for sure

Nexus or Eep for most overlooked user

DittoCrow for best discussion sparker, holy shit have you looked at how many of the thread archetypes you see in Smogon Metagames started in RU?

Rodan travels through Chat Roulette for best thread o my god

ium for best new artist and Yilx for most improved artist, Volmise for best artist (omg the cuteness overload)

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Supporting DittoCrow for best discussion sparker, he is constantly trying to start discussions on relevant topics both on both the forums and irc, hes really nice to talk to and knows the metagame well, definitely a model user and contributor imo

Ium for Most Promising New User and Best New Artist imo as well!!

EDIT: Bs honko i didnt even find this myself :<

EDIT2: Alkinesthetase for up and coming user, hes been around for about two years but has started to contribute massively to both OU and #pokemon recently, even corunning the Dark Horse Project along with Birkal, Pocket, and Ginganinja, i think he fits the definition pretty well :>.

EDIT3: blarajan for best ct: "best damn ru player this side of the mississippi" and then wins the ru open

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Best tournament and overall player should be McMeghan. Easily.

Lavos will probably win best new player or something?

Best old-gen player is probably M Dragon.

Django for luckiest player imo.

Biggest upset was definitely Nelson-X beating McMeghan in Grand Slam playoffs after losing to him in three of the Opens.

Best UU battler should probably go to RT even though he's a shit.

Hugen is a cute user indeed :3

Best Rater is gonna be difficult, a lot of good ones this year; Harsha, Jimbon, Jirachi etc. I don't care who my successor is, I like all of them !

holy crap I didn't know that it was possible to do such awesome art. I'm gonna have to go with the Kyurem-B as my favourite though, it's actually perfect. Who did it?

zeb edit: namh

let's hope this year is going to have more than 3 fucking choices for "best server staff".

here we go: zarel, the immortal, mikel, hugendugen

also hugendugen is a STUD; not cute at all. n_n pick sandshrewz.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I don't know how anyone who has dealt with sandshrewz could not nominate him for Nicest User.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)