1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Smog Awards 2012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by bojangles, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bojangles

bojangles IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Read all about the Smog Awards here!

Every year we like to commend those who make Smogon a better place to spend your time. This thread is to tell everybody about who you think is the best! Here you can share your choices, campaign for your candidates, and maybe even introduce great people others may have forgotten about.

However, there are a few ground rules:
    • Do not insult any member--nominator or nominee. We will be actively moderating this thread.
    • Remember, there are restrictions on who can nominate, found in the article.
    • Votes only posted here will not count. For your votes to count, you must PM The Smog with your choices.
    • Think of others before yourself. Use this thread to bring other users' eligibility for awards to light, not your own.

With that, have fun and keep it civil!
  2. ium

ium rowan is an ape
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

zebraiken for cutest user 2012 lgi
  3. Raseri

Raseri musharna fan
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Leader

ium cutest user 2012 lgi

Zeb for every other award
  4. Toast++

Toast++ Butter Included.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

Bond697 for best researcher. He doesn't post a ton, but he has been behind most of the RNG stuff in 2012 and was largely responsible for the updated damage formula - I think that was this year... That was definitely this year.

Birkal/BIRDKAL for best leader. He has been consistently working to improve any and every area of the site he's involved in. We could use a few more Birkals around here.
  5. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Bond697 definitely seems like a top notch researcher, but you should also consider Marty. Marty has been _the_ researcher for Pokemon Showdown in the past 10 or so months. He has been constantly on the job testing out things for the simulator and helped fix a ton of inaccuracies.
  6. Yonko7

Yonko7 Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
    is a Contributor Alumnus

DittoCrow for Best Discussion Sparker! He always has new threads that tries to promote discussion~
  7. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

This is an understatement, Marty is single-handedly the most accurate source of pokemon mechanics on the internet.
  8. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

lmao bmelts (don't think you can hide from me)

Jellicent and Birkal for best posters/nicest users/most helpful

Mekkah for best avatar goddamn it is just too good (though the Christmas present I gave Birkal is pretty good)

ium for best new user for sure

Nexus or Eep for most overlooked user

DittoCrow for best discussion sparker, holy shit have you looked at how many of the thread archetypes you see in Smogon Metagames started in RU?

Rodan travels through Chat Roulette for best thread o my god

ium for best new artist and Yilx for most improved artist, Volmise for best artist (omg the cuteness overload)
  9. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Leader

Supporting DittoCrow for best discussion sparker, he is constantly trying to start discussions on relevant topics both on both the forums and irc, hes really nice to talk to and knows the metagame well, definitely a model user and contributor imo

Ium for Most Promising New User and Best New Artist imo as well!!

EDIT: Bs honko i didnt even find this myself :<

EDIT2: Alkinesthetase for up and coming user, hes been around for about two years but has started to contribute massively to both OU and #pokemon recently, even corunning the Dark Horse Project along with Birkal, Pocket, and Ginganinja, i think he fits the definition pretty well :>.

EDIT3: blarajan for best ct: "best damn ru player this side of the mississippi" and then wins the ru open
  10. Honko

Honko
    is a Programmeris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Molk for cutest avatar.
  11. Zebraiken

Zebraiken neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus

please don't :(

also can we have a "sassiest user" just so i can vote for ogles??
  12. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

Best tournament and overall player should be McMeghan. Easily.

Lavos will probably win best new player or something?

Best old-gen player is probably M Dragon.

Django for luckiest player imo.

Biggest upset was definitely Nelson-X beating McMeghan in Grand Slam playoffs after losing to him in three of the Opens.

Best UU battler should probably go to RT even though he's a shit.
  13. tml

tml

Too many good artists on Smogon. ToxicPhox makes the most amazing pieces though.
  14. Jukain

Jukain fuck redew
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

how can you not say user: sandshrewz oozes cuteness
  15. Acklow

Acklow

inb4 Crux votes zorbees for best Smogon Mafia player 2012.
  16. NixHex

NixHex A new vice president erryonce in a while to keep me busy
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Molk for Most Gimmicky Player imo.
  17. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Oglemi for best Contributor.

Those are all just basic facts, people~
  18. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

princess bri for member of the year

let's make it happen
  19. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Best Piece of Art (open)
    [​IMG]
    From Featured Ubers RMT of The Smog Issue 22

Best Writer probably Oglemi???? His Top 10 articles are always a must read :p

We don't have many Trou threads this year .-.
  20. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere Congregation of the Classiest
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Hugendugen for cutest user
  21. Delko

Delko was a tab-made man
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Hugen is a cute user indeed :3

Best Rater is gonna be difficult, a lot of good ones this year; Harsha, Jimbon, Jirachi etc. I don't care who my successor is, I like all of them !
  22. Eagle4

Eagle4

Don't forget:
    ToxicPhox's Walrein (open)
    [​IMG]

or even:
    Nov's realistic Volcarona (open)
    [​IMG]

or any of namh's, but this is my favourite:

so good (open)
    [​IMG]
  23. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent Yeah, well. The Dude abides
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

holy crap I didn't know that it was possible to do such awesome art. I'm gonna have to go with the Kyurem-B as my favourite though, it's actually perfect. Who did it?

zeb edit: namh
  24. Limi

Limi
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

let's hope this year is going to have more than 3 fucking choices for "best server staff".

here we go: zarel, the immortal, mikel, hugendugen

also hugendugen is a STUD; not cute at all. n_n pick sandshrewz.
  25. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

I don't know how anyone who has dealt with sandshrewz could not nominate him for Nicest User.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)