Smogon Chess Tournament Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by mekkers

Eric and I will be hosting Smogon's first real Chess tournament. This will be a five-round Swiss System tournament (we may add more rounds if there is a high number of players). Players will have ten days to play their games. Please only sign up if you are planning to be at least reasonably active over the next two months.

Games can be played on Yahoo, FICS, or just by pming each other the notation over IRC. PM your opponent and agree how you wish to play.

Rules:

1. these and these
2. Play by the FIDE rules, which can be found here. In particular, any move played cannot be taken back.
3. All players have ten days to complete their games. It does not matter how you get your match done, so long as it is played within the deadline. PM your opponent and agree how you wish to play.
4. PM any disputes to eric the espeon or myself. We will make the final decisions.
5. You aren't allowed to use any resources except your own head to make your move choices. Things banned include move-generating bots, opening databases and endgame tablebases. Using a chessboard to view positions is acceptable and encouraged.
6. If you fail to complete your games within the given time period, and are deemed inactive, you will forfeit your game or be subbed out. Likewise, let us know if your opponent is inactive.
7. If both players agree, they may use a clock, but otherwise do not play a timed match.
8. We would appreciate it if the winner could pm us a log of the game.

Signups:

1. ud
2. eric the espeon
3. HD
4. Black Buddha
5. Reverb
6. Alakapimp
7. Eo Ut Mortus
8. reachzero
9. Curtains
10. Kakth
11. RB Golbat
12. polelover44
13. ultimifier
14. connoisseur
15. G80
16. Notesalot
17. xadow
18. DCJ
19. Engineer Pikachu
20. Kharozz
21. -Mind-
22. extra.
23. Myriad
24. Purple Wobbuffet
25. Zero
26. Dogfish44
27. frogoholic101
28. Solstice
29. Friar
30. reyscarface
31. Sprinkles
32. brksocsc

signups are closed, a couple of subs would be nice though.

I'm in and I don't think this is the 'first' chess tournament Smogon has had.

Anyway, I play on Yahoo and like blitz chess but will play untimed if my opponent prefers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)