Other SMOGON NOMIC (PROPOSAL PHASE 18)

Proposal: Time Bomb
At the passage of this proposal, a time bomb is generated. It will explode in five turn cycles. If players do not manage to get above 40 points by the time it explodes, they will die.

This will force players to try to pass proposals and act by putting their lives on the line.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Amendment: Item Get!

No more searching for items m8s. Use your other damn actions
Proposal: Holy shit this game is slow

All players' current point totals are doubled at the time of this rule's passing.
Don't worry guys. I've thought of a good dynamic to save you all from the monotony of this game sine you all seem to be out of good ideas.
---

Proposal: The Iron Throne

With the passing of this proposal, an Iron Throne will be created. In addition, a new classification of rules known as Iron Throne Rules will be created on the OP that will serve as an extension to this rule. Iron Throne Rules can only affect the person sitting on the Iron Throne and the powers which go along with that.

The following Iron Throne Rules will go into effect with the passing of the proposal.

1. As of now, no player can occupy the Iron Throne. (This will be obviously changed once we build up this idea)
2. The person sitting on the Iron Throne may choose to abdicate the Throne at the end of any phase.
3. Only one player may sit on the Iron Throne at any given time.
4. The person sitting on the Iron Throne loses 1 HP at the beginning of each PHASE.
5. For every complete TURN CYCLE a person sits on the Iron Throne, they earn 5 points.
6. During the Proposal Phase, the person sitting on the Iron Throne is allowed to make two proposals/amendments/repeals instead of the usual one.
7. During the Action Phase, the person sitting on the Iron Throne is allowed to, in lieu of other actions, collect a tax of 15 gold from each player in the game.
8. During the Voting Phase, the person sitting on the Iron Throne has their vote count as two votes, instead of the usual one vote.

---

Please consider this idea. A lot of the things I threw into this rule are arbitrary and I fully expect changes to be offered and made. This is why I included the rule that NO PLAYER CAN PRESENTLY OCCUPY THE IRON THRONE until we work on developing it more and establish what all it entails. And then pass the rule to open up the throne. So if you are voting against this rule, I'd assume you haven't read it.

I want this rule to include a whole slew of our dynamics we currently have in this game. Make this the "key" part of the game. Sitting on the Throne kind of marks you as a target of other players. It also see it as a "complete proposal" because it incorporates most of the dynamics presently in the game such as: HP, Points, Gold, and game cycles.

I have not thought of a good way on how a person should come to sit on Iron Throne. That will need to be voted on later. The best idea I have is that whenever the throne is vacated, there is a secret auction where we all PM the hosts a bid for the throne, and then the person who has the highest bid gets to assent to the throne.

I also am unsure whether or not the person on the Iron Throne should be forced off. I designed it with the idea that it would not be beneficial to the person sitting on the Iron Throne to remain there long term (because of the HP loss), so I'm leaning to whoever holds it gets to keep it until whenever they choose to back off. But that obviously is still in the air and up for vote.

I am also wondering whether or not the "benefits" of sitting on the Throne are too light. Again, we can increase the powers and the punishments for sitting on the Throne in future phases...
Proposal: yigilij
All players gain 5 points when this proposal passes, unless a player does not vote at all.
At the passage of this proposal, a time bomb is generated. It will explode in five turn cycles. If players do not manage to get above 40 points by the time it explodes, they will die.

This will force players to try to pass proposals and act by putting their lives on the line.
PokeguyNXB 6 points, 20hp, 185 gold.
ButteredToast 13 points, 20hp, 170 gold.
Pidge 11 points, 20hp, 175 gold.
Izhuark 11 points, 20hp, 130 gold.
Walrein 11 points, 20hp, 175 gold.
Phione 11 points, 20hp, 170 gold.
TeToN 7 points, 20hp, 125 gold.
Maleovex 6 points, 20 hp, 140 gold.

action phase

Amendment: Item Get!

No more searching for items m8s. Use your other damn actions

Proposal: Holy shit this game is slow
All players' current point totals are doubled at the time of this rule's passing.

Don't worry guys. I've thought of a good dynamic to save you all from the monotony of this game sine you all seem to be out of good ideas.
---

Proposal: The Iron Throne
With the passing of this proposal, an Iron Throne will be created. In addition, a new classification of rules known as Iron Throne Rules will be created on the OP that will serve as an extension to this rule. Iron Throne Rules can only affect the person sitting on the Iron Throne and the powers which go along with that.

The following Iron Throne Rules will go into effect with the passing of the proposal.

1. As of now, no player can occupy the Iron Throne. (This will be obviously changed once we build up this idea)
2. The person sitting on the Iron Throne may choose to abdicate the Throne at the end of any phase.
3. Only one player may sit on the Iron Throne at any given time.
4. The person sitting on the Iron Throne loses 1 HP at the beginning of each PHASE.
5. For every complete TURN CYCLE a person sits on the Iron Throne, they earn 5 points.
6. During the Proposal Phase, the person sitting on the Iron Throne is allowed to make two proposals/amendments/repeals instead of the usual one.
7. During the Action Phase, the person sitting on the Iron Throne is allowed to, in lieu of other actions, collect a tax of 15 gold from each player in the game.
8. During the Voting Phase, the person sitting on the Iron Throne has their vote count as two votes, instead of the usual one vote.

---

Please consider this idea. A lot of the things I threw into this rule are arbitrary and I fully expect changes to be offered and made. This is why I included the rule that NO PLAYER CAN PRESENTLY OCCUPY THE IRON THRONE until we work on developing it more and establish what all it entails. And then pass the rule to open up the throne. So if you are voting against this rule, I'd assume you haven't read it.

I want this rule to include a whole slew of our dynamics we currently have in this game. Make this the "key" part of the game. Sitting on the Throne kind of marks you as a target of other players. It also see it as a "complete proposal" because it incorporates most of the dynamics presently in the game such as: HP, Points, Gold, and game cycles.

I have not thought of a good way on how a person should come to sit on Iron Throne. That will need to be voted on later. The best idea I have is that whenever the throne is vacated, there is a secret auction where we all PM the hosts a bid for the throne, and then the person who has the highest bid gets to assent to the throne.

I also am unsure whether or not the person on the Iron Throne should be forced off. I designed it with the idea that it would not be beneficial to the person sitting on the Iron Throne to remain there long term (because of the HP loss), so I'm leaning to whoever holds it gets to keep it until whenever they choose to back off. But that obviously is still in the air and up for vote.

I am also wondering whether or not the "benefits" of sitting on the Throne are too light. Again, we can increase the powers and the punishments for sitting on the Throne in future phases...

Proposal: yigilij
All players gain 5 points when this proposal passes, unless a player does not vote at all.

PokeguyNXB 6 points, 20hp, 185 gold.
ButteredToast 13 points, 20hp, 170 gold.
Pidge 12 points, 20hp, 175 gold.
Izhuark 11 points, 20hp, 130 gold.
Walrein 11 points, 20hp, 175 gold.
Phione 12 points, 20hp, 170 gold.
TeToN 7 points, 20hp, 125 gold.
Maleovex 7 points, 20 hp, 140 gold.

vote phase​

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Amendment: Item Get! [Yes]
Proposal: Holy shit this game is slow [Yes]
Proposal: The Iron Throne [No]
Proposal: yigilij [can't vote]
Proposal: Time Bomb [No]

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Iron throne becomes rule 18.1

Item get! amendment passes.

Flyhn 6 points, 20hp, 215 gold.
ButteredToast 13 points, 20hp, 200 gold.
Pidge 12 points, 20hp, 180 gold.
Izhuark 11 points, 20hp, 135 gold.
Walrein 11 points, 20hp, 180 gold.
Phione 12 points, 20hp, 175 gold.
TeToN 7 points, 20hp, 130 gold.
Maleovex 7 points, 20 hp, 145 gold.

acidphoenix theres at least one rule that have been amended but not updates: discussion phases.

Discussion period begins

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Alright, discussion phase has arrived again.

I like the directon this game has taken recently. That's all I have to say, the new mechanics introduced over the past 9 phases were great... except Nicknames, that DESERVED to die in a fire

I think we all have to discuss in this phase or we lose something right?

I dunno for sure but I'll do it anyways. In what direction do you want to take the Iron Throne rule in the next few turns? What should we add to it or take away from it? Should the rewards be more or less? What ideas do you have about "powers" that go with the game phases? What would make you want to have the Iron Throne?

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I think something cool to do with the concept would be giving the player sitting on the throne a powerful ability that you must give up the throne to use.

My idea for this is allow them to automatically pass a custom rule, although with a restriction that doesn't allow them to directly gain points in any way, or win (otherwise the player could easily just win the game immediately this way, which is FAR too much)

They could also repeal any rule they'd like instead, which could be interesting as well. What if a hugely centralizing mechanic were repealed in this way? How would the game adjust?

Also there's the matter of how to get on the Iron Throne in the first place. I don't have any real ideas for this at the moment, and the bidding option provided by ButteredToast earlier seems like it'd work quite well, but i'm interested in what you guys come up with too.

Also, it'd be hilarious if half the game lost their points and HP if they didn't post during the discussion :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)