Smogon Premier League - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Cool-no april fools. I could be a really good cheap player or sub. I am a great pokemon player (crosses fingers ,toes, and prays to the gods of hax). Seriously, I would be a real good player for DPPt OU. It all comes down to whether I have enough time to play. Anyways this is an awesome idea. I may even check out netbattle to test my skillz. This could be a blast.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The GSC rules better be omitting two particularly scrubby rules that frequently get mentioned:

No HP Legends rule.
No sleep-trapping AKA Misdreavus ban.

also why are there eight matches between team, it'd be a lot easier if there were seven or nine for tiebreaking-ness

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
I have a couple questions though- if you sign up and no one bids for you can you still be a sub? Also, what happens if someone bids 100,000 for one person- how do they then have a ten man team?

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm concerned about points passing from season to season, couldn't a team just botch the first couple seasons and then absolutely dominate later?

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have a couple questions though- if you sign up and no one bids for you can you still be a sub? Also, what happens if someone bids 100,000 for one person- how do they then have a ten man team?
No, you cant. And they wont bid that much for a single person, the managers we pick won't be that stupid.

I'm concerned about points passing from season to season, couldn't a team just botch the first couple seasons and then absolutely dominate later?
Well yeah, definitely. But since this is a once-a-year thing, do you really think someone has the patience to waste 2 years just so they can win it the third year?

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Could a salary cap be implemented at somewhere quite a bit above the starting points just incase though?

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Sure, we could cap it at 73,000. That means they have enough money to bid 3,000 on 9 more players.

sounds like a great idea, but a few things are confusing. how do you decide who the 100 battlers who get to be are on the 10 teams of 10, if more than 100 people are bid on?

also, is there a difference between DP OU 1-3? like garchomp is allowed in #1, and latias is only allowed in #3?

Question: If a player isn't bought in the auction, but a team still has room, can unbought players free-agent to that team?

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, you gotta pay to have someone play (as unfortunate as that is). Also, no team will still have spots open but be out of credits because you have to field a whole team...

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's no need for a salary cap. A team can't play in the tournament with less than 10 people. You can't spend less than 3000 credits per person. There is already a pseudo-salary cap of 73,000 credits.

sorta lost interest in shoddy/competitive pokemons for a bit, this sounds like just the thing to get me going again

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
There's no need for a salary cap. A team can't play in the tournament with less than 10 people. You can't spend less than 3000 credits per person. There is already a pseudo-salary cap of 73,000 credits.
I don't understand how the lowest amount you can spend affects the highest amount you can spend?

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You need at least 10 player. so if you buy 9 pleaser for 3000 credits you spent 27000. So there are 73000 credits left for your last player. If you spend > 73000 for one player you can't buy enough players to get a whole team

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
Not if the season before you only spent 3000 for all 10 of your players.

What I was suggesting was a total salary cap for a team, like a team can only in total pay 150,000 each season or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)