Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Oops didn't see this before. People can take screenshots of PMs, and if they post them on other sites there's nothing we can do, but if they leak confidential stuff then they'll generally get punished. Moderators of certain forums have different ways of moderating stuff. OU is a lot more serious than any other forum here for the most part, so if he really wants to know he can PM the mod that deleted it, otherwise it's not really gamefaq's business.

The ladder does exist but it's just not the official metagame that's all. c:
are they gonna try making it the ofical meta

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hello everyone. Sorry if this isnt meant to be here, but i was browsing for the right place and was getting a bit confused o.o

Anyway, I have been building some competitive sets, and came across Loudred. While it says it is a sample set, the moves listed are clearly impossible for Loudred (Only Exploud can learn Surf, Focus Blast and Boomburst and the moves arent listed on Loudred page either :P ). Is there somewhere i can report this as a possible oversight or something?
Whoever created the Loudred set was mistaken, the sample set has been removed.

Hello I am new to this website, I was wondering where do I post for advice on making a pokemon team? I have many pokemon but don't know how to make good team. I tried to battle online but lose easy. I want to learn to use none legendary pokemon.

I prefer if the 6 pokemon were really powerful, the most powerful none legendary.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
I got it a week ago. It still shows up fine on my old laptop though, not really sure what the problem is.
well i have no idea then :/

for my q, sometimes while posting, it says "You must x seconds before performing this action". Why does this happen and what does it actually mean?

I got it a week ago. It still shows up fine on my old laptop though, not really sure what the problem is.
i can, indeed, confirm that i have similar problems when trying to view avatars sometimes but it mostly shows up fine and this doesn't happen when you go to said person's profile page fwiw

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I have 2 questions:is fly on golurk viable?and how can I change the pokemon gif I have in my profile to something I want?
You can find any image on the interwebs you want, save it, and so long as it is less than 100 kilobytes, you can use it as your avatar by visiting and editing your profile. As for Golurk, no Fly isn't very viable.

guys I tried changing my avatar but it wont work,does it need to be 200x200 especifically or it can be smaller?

finally changed!

Last edited by a moderator:

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello I am new to this website, I was wondering where do I post for advice on making a pokemon team? I have many pokemon but don't know how to make good team. I tried to battle online but lose easy. I want to learn to use none legendary pokemon.

I prefer if the 6 pokemon were really powerful, the most powerful none legendary.
You can put together a team and try Rate My Team however that's not really for beginners. Your other options are a) use battling 101 to help you improve but you'll have to wait until the next round which is in about one month or b) if you wait about a week or two there will be a form which'll connect you with someone who can help you out directly via PM. Both involve waiting so your best choice is maybe just reading the OU forum and try putting together a team based on the viability rankings thread for now.

Hi, I was wondering about this for quite some time... So I know that strain 0 pokerus is illegitimate and hacked. But my question is, should my legitimate Pokemon contracted an illegitimate strand of pokerus, does that affect their legitimacy in anyways? Data wise? Will it forbid my Pokemon from competitive online features? I haven't been able to get any clear answers about this. And will I be able to transfer my now infected Pokemon to future games? Thank you!

Smogon's Wi-Fi Commissioner Nexus hasn't been online for over 3 weeks while people (including me) are desperately waiting for his/her help. When wil he/she finally get on and take action? Shouldn't a 'Wi-Fi Commissioner', someone who's needed often, be really active?

Not sure if this is the right place but w/e.

Smogon's Wi-Fi Commissioner Nexus hasn't been online for over 3 weeks while people (including me) are desperately waiting for his/her help. When wil he/she finally get on and take action? Shouldn't a 'Wi-Fi Commissioner', someone who's needed often, be really active?

Not sure if this is the right place but w/e.
"Nexus was last seen:
Today at 2:02 PM"
He can be reached on IRC everyday as well.

"Nexus was last seen:
Today at 2:02 PM"
He can be reached on IRC everyday as well.
Oh, then he's not reading messages. Or he just doesn't feel like answering. Any idea why he's doing that? I can't see his profile because his settings don't allow anybody but mods to view it. Hence I also can't see the last time he was online.

I'm unfamiliar with IRC.

Last edited:
Oh, then he's not reading messages. Or he just doesn't feel like answering. Any idea why he's doing that? I can't see his profile because his settings don't allow anybody but mods to view it. Hence I also can't see the last time he was online.

I'm unfamiliar with IRC.
I wasn't aware of that, and I can't really speak for him, so no clue, man, sorry :x

IRC is the main chat system that Smogon uses, though. It's a great way to get to know all the people in the community, so I definitely recommend trying it out. Mibbit's a free browser-based client that you can use. Our section on IRC is here. #pokemon is the main channel, but #smogonwifi is the place to go to trade with and battle people over Wi-Fi. All of Smogon's channels are on SynIRC specifically, btw~

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
how do i make my own post showing my poke team and letting peeps look at and rate my team?
Visit the Rate My Team subforum and click Post New Thread. Then follow the rules to post your team. All that's left once that's done is to wait, and a team-rater will eventually rate your team. You are allowed one bump if I recall correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)