Finals Smogon Tournament #9 - Finals [Won by gr8astard]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"(11:16) SilverRising: Aya are you there?
(11:16) Aya: yes
(11:16) SilverRising: I have a question for you
(11:16) Aya: ok
(11:16) SilverRising: PO, under no circumstances, loads a team for you, right?
(11:16) Aya: No"

~~
One of the PO owners. Yeah PO definitely loaded an unknown team for DU. :[[

I don't understand how it's terrible precedent. You set the precedent after enforcing the rematch that "If you load a different team by mistake or accident, your opponent is allowed to force you to stay". It's a dirty tactic if you force the player to stay in the game but there was no precedent for that today. DUNK didn't intentionally cheat...Why would he? There's too much risk to try something like that.

For the first tournament on Smogon that features a major cash prize to end like this is honestly disgusting. We're basically enforcing that competitive play is pointless when we can take the shortcut around it (Ironic coming from me, I dunno). And it's a real shame because cash prizes could be huge for Smogon Tournaments moving forward but then this is the first citing of what they added to the games. BTW, I've heard there were more dirty matches / tactics done by players this year that weren't reported in general, really just disgusting.
Also this ^

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Lol at Ojama calling someone a dick. Gr8 hasn't talked to like anyone all tournament and gets his matches done whereas all people do is give him a hard time and blame ew etc. gr8 had such a tough round of opponents and proved he was clearly the better battler. As much as I like DU his elitist behavior has been pretty terrible lol. I won't say karma etc but lol

Grats to gr8. Hopefully next year the rules will be revised but I do feel gr8 deserved the win
Do I need to remind you how mad you were at Darkloic when he beat you just because you missclicked ? Really funny to see you defending gr8 who won this tournament by making 2 dick moves while you were so mad for a loss at a random tournament. Kiss you

I don't understand how it's terrible precedent. You set the precedent after enforcing the rematch that "If you load a different team by mistake or accident, your opponent is allowed to force you to stay". It's a dirty tactic if you force the player to stay in the game but there was no precedent for that today. DUNK didn't intentionally cheat...Why would he? There's too much risk to try something like that.

For the first tournament on Smogon that features a major cash prize to end like this is honestly disgusting. We're basically enforcing that competitive play is pointless when we can take the shortcut around it (Ironic coming from me, I dunno). And it's a real shame because cash prizes could be huge for Smogon Tournaments moving forward but then this is the first citing of what they added to the games. BTW, I've heard there were more dirty matches / tactics done by players this year that weren't reported in general, really just disgusting.
It would be equally dirty to scout your opponent's team by deliberately bringing the "wrong" team to force your opponent to restart, which is why it is a bad precedent to force the players to restart. It is not my place to judge the character of the players, I only want to enforce the rules in a logical manner. Obviously I did not want the finals to go down this way but I strongly feel that this is the only decision that makes sense.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Why would I take such a risky move when there's no predecent and I was going to get fucked up like this??? Especially considering I was already one game down and that would spell doom for me. The obvious decision was replaying with different teams...

And Earthworm, please reply on irc...

"(11:16) SilverRising: Aya are you there?
(11:16) Aya: yes
(11:16) SilverRising: I have a question for you
(11:16) Aya: ok
(11:16) SilverRising: PO, under no circumstances, loads a team for you, right?
(11:16) Aya: No"

~~
One of the PO owners. Yeah PO definitely loaded an unknown team for DU. :[[
That has nothing to do with what happened in the battle, you even deliberately asked the wrong question to get the answer you wanted to. The thing was that the teams loaded in the teambuilder and the actual server aren't ''linked'' in PO2, and for some reason, when I challenged gr8astard with one of the OU teams that were loaded in the server, the program picked the one that was loaded in the same position on the teambuilder (or at least that's the only explanation I have been able to think of).

I'd like to imagine that our OST finalists are big boys who can make a new team if need be and prove they're worthy of a trophy by actually playing the game. Grant them an extension if need be but it makes no sense to end it like this when the tournament is as important as this one is. I also explained why the precedent ruling makes no sense in this specific application because as a TD, you can just make official rulings after this tournament to handle future situations fairly.

Imo this just looks bad for smogon. In our first cash tournament, the winner wins by admittedly legal, but very questionable moves. I realize the team scouting issue was important, but the two could have just immediately started another battle to prevent DU from having time to edit. The worst case scenario is that DU would have used a different team he felt ha a better matchup, but gr8 could have changed teams as well. Since both teams would have been designed to be viable in OU, not just against the opponents team, it would have been fair. I think game two should be discounted and the series should continue.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
what a disgrace. gr8 lost convincingly to double01, yet he exploited a loophole in the rules to get an undeserved second chance. now he's taking the win in finals when dunk clearly loaded the wrong team? (you can tell because IT'S A RU TEAM)

show a little sportsmanship for a change

i call em like i see em lamp

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
an opinion from a person that doesn't really care: gr8 is an outrageous retard for what he did to double but you can't hold this finals thing against him cause DU did see his team regardless of whether he intended to cheat or not, and that kinda sucks huge amounts of cock when you've been preparing a team for a good amount of time only to send it down the drain cause 'opponent loaded wrong team' and doesn't even need to replace one of his teams if he gets a rematch. believe someone that has been in way too many finals and won none that it kinda sucks to lose these and you don't want that to happen because you decided to play mr. nice guy and give your opponent another go even if that handicaps all the preparation you did. also stop flaming worms, he's a competent TD, nice boy and did what he thought was right, and in all honesty you've had much much worse TDs in the past.

It would be equally dirty to scout your opponent's team by deliberately bringing the "wrong" team to force your opponent to restart, which is why it is a bad precedent to force the players to restart. It is not my place to judge the character of the players, I only want to enforce the rules in a logical manner. Obviously I did not want the finals to go down this way but I strongly feel that this is the only decision that makes sense.
I don't know any of the finalists so I'm impartial here. But do you really think Dunk is dumb enough to risk scouting a player who lost fair and square and then explored a loophole in the rules to even stand a chance? Do you honestly think Dunk expected gr8 to give him a rematch? Because I'm pretty sure everyone who even heard about this tournament didn't.

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
what a disgrace. gr8 lost convincingly to double01, yet he exploited a loophole in the rules to get an undeserved second chance. now he's taking the win in finals when dunk clearly loaded the wrong team? (you can tell because IT'S A NU TEAM)

show a little sportsmanship for a change

i call em like i see em lamp
Alright so you're all cool with Gr8 a few months before all this shit kicked off, people start to hate you due to your idiotic actions so you think if you start to hate Hugo with everyone else people will start to like you again? Not cool boss.

Also, victory post pls show off that nice and shiny badge friend.

Congrats!

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
LOL wtf, why is phil's badge set scrolling? anyway this tournament... i dont even know what he did in the finals but to ask to play early and then say "oh no that doesn't count" just to get two chances of advancing is fucking disgraceful. the TD's forgot to apply common sense i guess

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Phil that's not very mature of you. Have you seen dunks behavior at all these past few weeks? Actions speak louder then words but if dunk maybe showed a bit of respect to gr8 just once then maybe he'd get a rematch. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)