Smogon University PO Statistics — April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hmm at second glance I think we should look at weighted stats...don't know if it is possible and if not we will have to deal with it, but Whimsicott I must have faced less than 5 times in the past month lol.
Now that you said it, I'm actually surprised by the Cloyster usage... Higher than Hippowdon, which I've seen a lot more of, wtf.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Quagsire isn't bad. If you're using him to tangle with physical walls, then you should be running the curse set anyway, allowing him to dish out some actual damage.

| 2 | Tyranitar | 124735 | 20.8139 |
| 13 | Politoed | 61688 | 10.2935 |
| 26 | Ninetales | 37550 | 6.2658 |
Well, there you go weather haters. Even if you add up all the usage of Drizzle and Drought (The so-called broken weathers) you would still not reach as high as SS usage has shot up to.

16.5593 < 20.8139

That's not even factoring in Hippowdon's usage. :/

| 36 | Haxorus | 29906 | 4.9903 |
I have honestly never seen even one of these things roaming around. Oh well, i guess i need to ladder more often.

| 50 | Virizion | 23124 | 3.8586 |
Virizion is good people. Use it more. It is one of the only pokemon that can hit both Sand and Rain teams hard. Sun less so but it's still a force to be reckoned with. I'd even go as far as to argue that its better than Terakion.

Also,
| 82 | Missingno | 11698 | 1.9520 |
lol...

| 214 | Blaziken | 1340 | 0.2236 |

In the BW OU list? woahwoahwoah how?
That's just usage for when Blaziken was allowed, but the number is so low since he was eventually banned.

Speaking of Blaziken, it's doing shockingly well in Ubers, being the 12th most used, even beating stuff like Lugia, Ho-Oh and both Giratinas.

...Then again the low usage of Lugia and both Giratinas may be why it's used so much.

Also, can I ask, what's the OU cutoff? Is it 3.5% or 4%?

1 | Ferrothorn | 127997 | 21.3582 |
| 2 | Tyranitar | 124735 | 20.8139 |
| 3 | Scizor | 112589 | 18.7871 |
| 4 | Garchomp | 109670 | 18.3000 |
| 5 | Gliscor | 89599 | 14.9509 |
| 6 | Latios | 78471 | 13.0940 |
| 7 | Excadrill | 78095 | 13.0313 |
| 8 | Reuniclus | 76510 | 12.7668 |
| 9 | Heatran | 72800 | 12.1477 |
| 10 | Rotom-W | 69963 | 11.6744 |
| 11 | Conkeldurr | 64134 | 10.7017 |
| 12 | Jirachi | 62501 | 10.4292 |
| 13 | Politoed | 61688 | 10.2935 |
| 14 | Dragonite | 60079 | 10.0251 |
| 15 | Thundurus | 57828 | 9.6495 |

Things that im surprised. Rain is said to be more common last time i ladder.

Seems people that hate rain is a lot

Also, can I ask, what's the OU cutoff? Is it 3.5% or 4%?
After the formula was run, I believe that they came up with a cutoff of around ~3.4%. Which means that OU contains a total of 53 pokemon for the time being, from Ferrothorn (#1) to Tornadus (#53). This of course is subject to change in the coming months though so who knows. I think there is a topic about this in PR as well.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mienshao, tornadus and victini are way lower than I thought they'd be.

The OU cutoff is Tornadus at 53? I'm glad that torny made it into OU, but there are a few pokes that I think should be OU that didn't make it. Namely azumarill, mamoswine, victini, xatu and staraptor.

| 483 | Unown-E | 1 | 0.0045 |
| 484 | Unown-I | 1 | 0.0045 |
| 485 | Unown-N | 1 | 0.0045 |
| 486 | Unown-P | 1 | 0.0045 |
| 487 | Unown-S | 1 | 0.0045 |
Anyone else notice that they spell out penis?

Other than that, Haxorus, Lucario, Whimsicott and Mienshao probably don't deserve to be OU
I hate you.

Yay my first post!

The OU tier seems solid. Pretty weather dominated but not as overwhelming as I thought. I'm proud that Dragonite has seen the light and stepped out of the shadow of his younger cousin Salamence. Multiscale (and Hurricane to a lesser extent) must be a godsend.

I'm very concerned over UU. While there was some power creep in the OU tier, the power creep in 5th gen UU is absolutely astounding. Kyurem (godly base stats) and Victini (V-Create) are going to absolutely brutalize UU and I strongly suspect that both of these pokemon will be the first in the BL tier. Considering there aren't any other mass BL bannings, I think that Smogon should consider following PO's lead and make a new tier between UU and NU because I think there is going to be a massive amount of pokemon that are never going to be used thanks to this power creep. I mean 5th gen UU looks like 4th gen OU but without the absolute top threats like Scizor and friends at this point.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Only real surprises are Infernape (really starting to rape shit with the shift to bulky mons) and Togekiss (why is this used?). Feeling really good that I get to abuse Mamoswine in lower tiers too.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Feeling the need to answer this since nobody else in this thread addressed it...

... how is Victini not OU ?
V-Create wasn't even released until halfway through the month, and it took a couple of days after being released for people to realize its power.

Feeling the need to answer this since nobody else in this thread addressed it...

V-Create wasn't even released until halfway through the month, and it took a couple of days after being released for people to realize its power.
So you think that Victini will become OU when Smogon does their tier list update in 3-4 months because of V-create?

That's a very good point.

I am surprised Heatran was that high. I know he is good but I feel like I don't see him that much.

I am disappointed in Swampert. Both gastrodon AND quagsire are amazing this gen, swampert doesn't deserve to be above BOTH of them.

Slowbro, Azumarrill, Nidoking/queen, Xatu, Staraptor and Mamoswine should be higher as well but I could see them in BL.

Also for everyone hatin on Haxorus he does have a few things that other dragons do not. Amazingly high attack (obviously), only 1x weak to ice and dragon dance. Garchomp doesn't have dragon dance (even though it has base 102 speed, dragon dance would still be good on it) and neither does hydreigon (who doesn't need it being special). The 1x ice weakness is big though.

I am also surprised with Meinshao and Scrafty. I don't use scrafty much but it can be a pain even for gliscor. I think he deserves to be OU. Meinshao im not sure of. I saw someone run HP Ice on it and I was not ready for that at all. It screwed me over when I sent gliscor in...

Hey, offensive Swampert is still cool. Both Rain and Sand teams have some trouble switching into it.

Better than sitting there screaming "Grass Knot me!" like Quag imo.

| 43 | Landorus | 26297 | 4.3880 |

And to think we were about to vote on it... A 20% higher boost sure goes a long way.

| 16 | Gengar | 57689 | 9.6263 |

...Am I missing something here? What made people suddenly use Gengar?

| 57 | Zapdos | 18764 | 3.1310 |

I wonder when will we get LR Zapdos (and MD Raikou)... Thundurus may be a gigantic dick, but having its DW ability would surely make Zapdos get back to OU again.

APR 2011 DREAM WORLD USAGE
| 1 | Chandelure | 38354 | 19.1031 |
| 2 | Ferrothorn | 29585 | 14.7355 |

...I am amazed with Ferrothorn even more now.

BTW I feel bad for dissing PO's old usage stats now, where Politoed didn't even come close to Tyranitar...

for your point on gengar

people ALWAYS have used it, its still the badass from gen 1 and will be ou forever because hes classic

130 special attack 110 speed still puts him high and able to dent with focus blast and shadow ball for unresistant coverage is beast

Only real surprises are Infernape (really starting to rape shit with the shift to bulky mons) and Togekiss (why is this used?). Feeling really good that I get to abuse Mamoswine in lower tiers too.
air slash + thunder wave + aura sphere... good coverage AND hax!?!?!?!?!?!? Not to mention its bulky.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Swampert is as good a Tyranitar counter as its ever been. The Tank set 2HKOs 252/0 Tar through Leftovers almost 100% of the time while taking a pittance back. BandTar even fails to 2HKO w/ any of its moves (barring a Def drop from Crunch or a second layer). Swampert scares off Gliscor, Landorus, Heatran, ScarfChomp, Thundurus, SpD Jirachi (and Phaze out intended Wish recipients), can Phaze out SpD SD Scizor, amongst others, and can set up and re-set up SR reliably. With Ferro and Gliscor/Landorus/Garchomp being such threats, hardly anything runs HP Grass anymore, so incoming Grass attacks are easy to spot and easy to tank elsewhere on the team, especially in this metagame. Yes, Ferro causes it grief, just like Quagsire and Gastrodon, and Pert lacks Recover, but it still has clear advantages over the two (stats, Stealth Rock, and Roar). Gen. V leveled the playing field a little amongst the Water/Grounds, but Swampert still isn't dead water, not in any regard.

Lots of builky pokemon in the top 30's, bulky offence seems to be one of the most prevalent playstyles along with weather.

Can we ban Sand now?

Not that it matters, Blaziken is the perfect count-OH WAIT
Uh... no?

There isn't the slightest reason to consider Sand broken, and you certainly aren't offering anything to change that. Posts like this are exactly why the anti-weather viewpoint is justifiably considered a joke with no basis whatsoever in the metagame.

Good stats.. shows that BW OU isn't as centralised as some seem to think.

7 | Excadrill | 78095 | 13.0313
43 | Landorus | 26297 | 4.3880

I'm not sure why this is the case...Landorus is a much better sand user than Excadrill. Excadrill doesn't deserve to be in the top 15.
I agree with you that Landorus is better, having used both. Also, I've often used Landorus as a counter for Excadrill.
Other than that, Haxorus, Lucario, Whimsicott and Mienshao probably don't deserve to be OU, everything else I see every so often I suppose.
Excuse me, but I've used 3 of those (not Whimsicott) and had all of them used against me. Nasty Plot Lucario @ Air Balloon is really powerful if you know how to use it. Haxorus hits like a truck w/ either phenomenal attack and good speed (band) or very good (though not perfect) speed and good attack (scarf), or can Dragon Dance and laugh in everything's face at once (barring a faster scarf user ... but they aren't about to switch in on a possibly Choice Banded Outrage, are they?). Whimsicott... not my style to use it, but I've had it used against me, and it is a massive pain. It doesn't KO much, but it really softens up some of my team in one go. Mienshao: have you encountered it before? If you don't have priority ON THE POKEMON YOU HAVE OUT, then you are in for a world of hurt, barring a scarf.

So, all four of those certainly have earned their place in OU in my book.
Finally,

63 | Electivire | 16999 | 2.8365

keeping the OU cut-off at 53 just because of this is a good reason
Lol.

The statistics need to undergo further restrictions. Counting everybody with 1000+ ratings is not terribly accurate because even at 1050 there are noobs using Sky Attack Aerodactyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)