Smogon University PO Statistics — June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, I just saw that Delcatty is the least-used last-evolution-staged (meaning the Pokémon has evolved once or twice before) Pokémon, being #331 in RU, at 14 uses. I used RU because that tier has the weakest, least useful Pokémon, but it has 106 uses in OU, which is odd.. Although, it could be because OU has about 10 times as many battles played than RU has, but whatever.

I want to make a Delcatty set now.

The problem with Lilligant is that it faces tough competition with other chlorophyll users. It's move pool isn't that fantastic. Standard would probably run something like Giga Drain/Solarbeam, HP fire, Sleep powder and and some filler. It's special movepool is terrible, much like Serperior. I prefer use it outside of a sun team where I can run Quiver Dance and Petal Dance on the same set. But on a sun team, it's outclassed by the likes of Tangrowth, Venasaur and Sawsbuck.

Lilligant is fantastic late game sweeper on non-weather teams. It really doesn't need sun support with access to Quiver Dance. Confusion-free Petal Dances will wreck a lot of things in the UU scene.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
OU Quick Thoughts:

1. Gliscor is a little overrated. It's good, but not top 5 good. I definitely see more Latios than Gliscor on the ladder, so I'm surprised Gliscor's where it is.

2. Rotom-W is great. I hate it because it's so good, honestly. Also, start using Scarf Rotom-W, not the Standard one.

3. I'm surprised Skarmory went up when Chomp left.

4. Keep dropping, Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr will end up in the mid-20s in a few months in my opinion.

5. Thundurus is not broken. I've started using it, and it's really not broken. It's easy to play around and almost never gets a Nasty Plot boost, and if it does it's not sweeping with SR weakness, a Life Orb, and defenses that let it take ~50% from resisted attacks. It sets up on nothing. It's a good cleaner, but it's not Uber material.

6. Gengar is overrated. It should be lower, as SubDisable is the easiest set to play around. It's like Torment Tran without the bulk.

7. Magnezone cracks the top 20, and deservedly so. It seems the Sub set is the risky one and Scarf is safer, as you can get two kills with the Sub set if played right, but killing the opponent's Steel isn't guaranteed. Ferrothorn's Power Whip 2KOs the Substitutes, so use ScarfZone in Rain.

8. Gyarados is way too high. It is not allowed to be top 30 with Rotom-W in the top 10.

9. Why is Volcarona dropping? With Rapid Spin support this thing sweeps teams. Also about Fire-types, Infernape is a bit overrated.

10. Drought teams should use trappers. Dugtrio should get more OU usage.

11. Espeon skyrocketed, and I predict it will continue to skyrocket. It's friend Celebi will level off around 30, though. I would not be surprised if Espeon is a top 10 or 15 Pokemon this time next year.

12. Toxicroak is not crappy, stop listening to the haters. It's not that great, but it's Bulk Up or Swords Dance sets are good.

13. Mid 30s: Landorus should rise a little, Tentacruel should drop a little, Latias is fine where it is, Breloom should rise a little.

14. Virizion is underrated. I think it should be around 30, as its Calm Mind set leaves it impenetrable from the special side and its great typind gives it resistances to most Physical moves.

15. I think by the end of 2011 OU will shrink. Look at the trends of Pokemon that are rank 40 or below in usage:

| 40 | Deoxys-S | 30322 | 4.9956 | +2
| 41 | Bronzong | 30140 | 4.9656 | +5
| 42 | Metagross | 28793 | 4.7437 | -10
| 43 | Scrafty | 27740 | 4.5702 | -6
| 44 | Swampert | 27467 | 4.5253 | -9
| 45 | Mamoswine | 27233 | 4.4867 | +18
| 46 | Lucario | 26937 | 4.4379 | -6
| 47 | Cloyster | 24199 | 3.9869 | -11
| 48 | Hippowdon | 23662 | 3.8984 | -10
| 49 | Chandelure | 23173 | 3.8178 | -15
| 50 | Mienshao | 22291 | 3.6725 | -2
| 51 | Venusaur | 21858 | 3.6012 | -2
| 52 | Darmanitan | 21528 | 3.5468 | +1
| 53 | Machamp | 21315 | 3.5117 | -12
| 54 | Tornadus | 20956 | 3.4526 | +3

10 of them are trending down, only 5 are trending up. If Pokemon continue to lose 5-10 spots per month, an OU of 45 or so Pokemon is a realistic concept. I think it will be about 48 or 50, but it looks like OU is getting more centralized. (Thanks to PK Gaming for the trend report).

16. Metagross is really sinking. UU pseudo-legend???? Doubtful, but our metal friend could use some more usage here.

17. Scrafty is underrated. It should be higher. The Bulk Up set is outclassed by Conkeldurr, but the Dragon Dance set is fierce.

18. Use Swampert more because it is my favorite Pokemon. I hear the Choice Band set is monstrous in the Rain, actually. Try using it over your normal physical attacker for all you Rain users.

19. Hippowdon in UU? Maybe full stall will be a viable option in UU. Don't let it drop or that Eo Ut Mortus might die of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

20. Chandelure dropped 15 spots. I don't see any hope for it, honestly. I think it might just want to pack up its bags and buy a summer home in UU until Shadow Tag comes out. Oh, that reminds me, no DW stats :(. You're still cool RD though :).

21. Machamp, Darmanitan, and Tornadus should not drop. Machamp is still great, as it's bulky enough to survive a hit and not much wants to get confused, as taking 2 D-Punches and a self-attack while still only having a 50% chance to kill is not fun. Darmanitan is great on Sun teams as a Scarfer, NOT a Sheer Force Life orber. Use Scarf so it can spam U-Turn. Tornadus has a great Specs set.

22. Quagsire sucks unless you use Stockpile. At least have the decency to use Gastrodon who is really good. But since they're all Water/Ground you should use Swampert.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Unaware makes Quagsire soooo much better than Pert or Gastrodon, why does nobody realize this?

Pert's ass just dies to all the hugely powerful boosting sweepers now, but Quagsire just tanks their shit and sets up all day. It doesn't quite put dents in things like Pert can, but shit it takes enough hits to beat that loss in the long run.

Bulky Gyarados is actually quite good even with Rotom-Wash on the scene. It's a real pain for physical attackers and special attackers who don't have Thunderbolt.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[QUOTE="DetroitLolcat]5. Thundurus is not broken. I've started using it, and it's really not broken. It's easy to play around and almost never gets a Nasty Plot boost, and if it does it's not sweeping with SR weakness, a Life Orb, and defenses that let it take ~50% from resisted attacks. It sets up on nothing. It's a good cleaner, but it's not Uber material.
[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Sub @ Lefties or simply Lum > LO? I find either one to be better than the LO set, because Thundurus wears down quickly. Both modifications make use of Thundurus's decent bulk to its advantage in sweeping. With the former set you lose coverage by replacing Substitute with HP Ice or Focus Blast, but it is much harder to revenge it and safer to play. On the other hand, the latter set that Eggbert has been advocating, provides more opportunity for Thundurus to stick around and sweep, due to the temporary status protection.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Why? Jellicent is pretty much the only viable defensive spinblocker. Well, I guess you could make the argument that Cofagrigus and Dusclops are as well, but neither of them have reliable recovery which is a turn off.

Jellicent isn't great, but it's not awful either.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
4. Keep dropping, Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr will end up in the mid-20s in a few months in my opinion
It's a shame how true this is because Conkeldurr is frighteningly good and only walled by a few things, but the few things that do wall him so consummately the he often ends up being useless in matches where they appear. (EX: Gliscor, Reuniclus, Slowbro) He can still be pretty good with the help of some intelligent offensive wallbreaking techniques, and I have a few in mind that I plan on trying soon. Just go easy on the Durr for now, okay? ;(

Even though pikachu isn't the best of sweeper I think people should give it a bit more of a go because there is nothing more satisfying than sweeping a whole team with a pikachu. Pikachu bring up the rear at 271

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even though pikachu isn't the best of sweeper I think people should give it a bit more of a go because there is nothing more satisfying than sweeping a whole team with a pikachu. Pikachu bring up the rear at 271
Light Ball isn't released, so there is absolutely no point in using Pikachu.

Well, it was out on the SU server for a while, but I mentioned on our PO forum that Light Ball hasn't been released yet, so R_D banned it.

But.... Light Ball is getting released in like 4 days with Japan's new female Lightningrod Sing/Tweeter Dance Pikachu event.

Is OU determined by all the pokemon at or above a set ranking number or all the pokes at or above a certain usage percentage?

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
its based on the usage of 3.43%. so anything above that percent is ou (i think this months is either tornadus or machamp)

Is OU determined by all the pokemon at or above a set ranking number or all the pokes at or above a certain usage percentage?
You can find the OU formula here: http://www.smogon.com/articles/tiers

The next tier change will occur with the following months:

month1 = May
month2 = June
month3 = July

So we'll get to see the OU tier change after this month's stats come out. I believe UU and RU will be changed too, but don't quote me on it.

that's assuming we do get stats usage for this month with Rising Dusk taking a leave from smogon related duty's

that's assuming we do get stats usage for this month with Rising Dusk taking a leave from smogon related duty's
Well then, I would hope that there would be a replacement for him next month.

Seriously, if no one else wants to, I'd do it myself.

But.... Light Ball is getting released in like 4 days with Japan's new female Lightningrod Sing/Tweeter Dance Pikachu event.
Lightningrod Pikachu with Light Ball might actually be good, come in on Thunder Wave or any Electric attack, get 600 SpA, get a Sub up against scared opponents, potentially sweep with Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Grass Knot or Focus Punch (off a minimum of 292 Atk, that's going to hurt Blissey a lot more than, say, Gengar's)

Well then, I would hope that there would be a replacement for him next month.

Seriously, if no one else wants to, I'd do it myself.
Kirby is probably taking over since he's the guy running the server now...

While Lightningrod Pika may sound good, you can't overlook the fact that he's ridiculously slow for OU(90 Speed), is easily revenged by a lot of stuff, and needs HP Fire. Unlike things like Heatran, Reuniclus, Conk or Ferro, he's not exactly the bulkiest thing ever. For Blissey, I'd prolly use Breloom as a counter anyway: its immune to Toxic and only really needs to fear the coverage move Blissey has, that is, if it wasn't faster in the first place and could Spore her.

Poor Pikachu: I imagine he'd prolly make a decent UU though.

We still can use Pikachu in RU, 90 speed is decent there and with Sub, Focus Punch, Thunderbolt, hp ice it can cause some troubles (except for <-< you know, fricking Cresselia), not having leftovers is not a problem at all because RU is full of wish passers and clerics (most RU teams are cleric/wisher, wall, wall, sweeper, choice user, revenge killer/filler)

We still can use Pikachu in RU, 90 speed is decent there and with Sub, Focus Punch, Thunderbolt, hp ice it can cause some troubles (except for <-< you know, fricking Cresselia), not having leftovers is not a problem at all because RU is full of wish passers and clerics (most RU teams are cleric/wisher, wall, wall, sweeper, choice user, revenge killer/filler)
What's Focus Punch good for in RU besides the defensive Normals like Audino? I'd rather use Agility/Nasty Plot or Teeter Dance (for lulz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)