Smogon University PO Statistics — March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
OU

-Nothing dropped from OU
Fucking hell, would have enjoyed using Toxicroak and Scrafty in UU. I was prepared for Scrafty and everything :<

-Haxorus is 23 and Hydreigon is 24
It was bound to happen. I'm actually glad, since Haxorus is good but not THAT good. So happy to see Hydreigon in the mid 20's though, he deserves it.
Haxorus: Hey buddy, how bout' we have one last fight
Hydreigon: Why not, i've got some time to beat some guys up

Haxorus and Hydreigon then proceed to take on all of OU... and win.
-Mew's at 3%
Maybe Mew will get to stick around in UU for a long time. :D

UU

-Hitmontop at #2
(Shakes his fucking head)

-Honckrow in UU
Adios muchachos, RU will be a better place with you gone.

-Gligar in UU
About fucking time

-Sharpedro in UU
Awwww yeah. Sharpedo getting some much needed recognition

-Claydol in UU
LMAO

-Yanmega in UU
Pretty soon, people will start to realize how overpowered this thing really is. (shudders)

RU

-Hitmonchan at #7
I will never understand what makes Hitmonchan so popular. Its fucking awful, and i'd sooner use Sandslash over it Hitmonchan for spinning. ?_?

NU

-Raichu at #49 and Leafeon at #40
FUCK yeah. Maybe I should give this tier a chance.

-Charizard in NU
Why are you NU? Charizard is arguably better than Typhlosion (sad but true) and its ability makes Sunny Day sets almost impossible to straight up counter. Y U NO USE CHARIZARD :(

Maybe people use a double weather starter strategy in ubers to guarentee rain (Kyogre + Politoed, if they switch in their starter, you can immediately switch to the other one). Dunno why politoed is used at all tbh

I just 2HKO'd a specially defensive Altaria on the switch-in with Charizard's Specs Solar Power Fire Blast. I'll be shocked if this thing stays NU for long

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I just 2HKO'd a specially defensive Altaria on the switch-in with Charizard's Specs Solar Power Fire Blast. I'll be shocked if this thing stays NU for long
Unless Flash Fire everything with good bulk gets 2hkoed and everything else OHKOed, no exceptions. And the ones with Flash Fire get mauled by Air Slash. If only mesprit was still here to give Healing Wish support and let Charizard rape for longer ;_;.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey hey hey, maybe my lampent analysis will finally be justified! :D Trick Room + Flash Fire should put a stop to most sun teams, although Nature Power Sawsbuck can break through it if Trick Room isn't up. Trick Room / Fire Blast / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power seems pretty legit in this metagame.

Zard really wont be that broken in NU , it will lose 50% just from rocks from there a sucker punch or any neutral priority will finish it, someone on IRC just said the most truthful thing ever "Zard is good for beating blue, thats about it"

Question, Antar: Why is Vulpix suddenly BL? Drought was banned; Vulpix was not. Hence Vulpix currently being listed as NFE. Just a simple mistake?

Question, Antar: Why is Vulpix suddenly BL? Drought was banned; Vulpix was not. Hence Vulpix currently being listed as NFE. Just a simple mistake?
Yeah, that's a mistake. Drought is BL, not Vulpix. Gonna fix ASAP.

OU

-Nothing dropped from OU
Fucking hell, would have enjoyed using Toxicroak and Scrafty in UU. I was prepared for Scrafty and everything :<

-Haxorus is 23 and Hydreigon is 24
It was bound to happen. I'm actually glad, since Haxorus is good but not THAT good. So happy to see Hydreigon in the mid 20's though, he deserves it.

-Mew's at 3%
Maybe Mew will get to stick around in UU for a long time. :D

UU

-Hitmontop at #2
(Shakes his fucking head)

-Honckrow in UU
Adios muchachos, RU will be a better place with you gone.

-Gligar in UU
About fucking time

-Sharpedro in UU
Awwww yeah. Sharpedo getting some much needed recognition

-Claydol in UU
LMAO

-Yanmega in UU
Pretty soon, people will start to realize how overpowered this thing really is. (shudders)

RU

-Hitmonchan at #7
I will never understand what makes Hitmonchan so popular. Its fucking awful, and i'd sooner use Sandslash over it Hitmonchan for spinning. ?_?

NU

-Raichu at #49 and Leafeon at #40
FUCK yeah. Maybe I should give this tier a chance.

-Charizard in NU
Why are you NU? Charizard is arguably better than Typhlosion (sad but true) and its ability makes Sunny Day sets almost impossible to straight up counter. Y U NO USE CHARIZARD :(
so true. but the reason people used hitmonchan in ru was to revenge sharpedo and omastar. now that sharkie is gone, it is kinda redundant though.

Scrafty isn't coming to UU? Aw... I made a team and everything.

RU isn't that bad off. I certainly won't miss Gligar, Honchkrow hasn't been much of a problem for me recently, Sharpedo really is only dangerous as a cleaner. Claydol is the only thing I will miss, providing dual screens SR and spins for my HO team.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can't help thinking people are going to find Charizard underwhelming. The 4x weakness to SR and the lack of viable spinners isn't going to help it. Add Solar Power to the mix, it's gonna be really easy to wear down.
I suspect it's going to be the same story as Gorebyss. Everyone hyped it up so much, it got overprepared for and became not that difficult to deal with.

Scrafty didnt drop, I already had a awesome team built with a Scrafty, Chandelure and Escavalier core.
To be honest though Iv had great success in using Scrafty in OU. Since the next tier change isnt till after bw2 it would interesting if Scrafty got sucker punch in that game. ANyone else think that would be enough for him to rise in usuage in OU?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
BW2 will have new (and old) Tutors, random new level-up/Egg moves and maybe even new TMs, besides Keldeo, Meloetta and two new Kyurem. Obviously it won't be a revolution, but other shit may get so many new things, I don't think anything would make Scrafty able to overcome the power creep. Scrafty's real problem isn't Speed, but

ok wait, what exactly is Scrafty's problem again? I haven't seen one in months, and short of some bs haxes with Shed Skin and CH HJK, it has never been much of a problem to me. So what *does* he do nowadays?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Scrafty started dropping a lot in usage after Terrakion started rising a lot in usage. That's what the problem was, at least IMO.

Honestly though, it's really not that difficult to sweep with Scrafty, especially the DD one. Just use this set if you want to sweep with Scrafty:

Scrafty @Chople Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
Moxie

- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Yeah, I know when people see 90 base Attack, no Life Orb, and no Hi Jump Kick, people think this set is weak. But honestly, the main reason Scrafty is so dangerous is his extreme type coverage. This set hits 12 or so types super-effectively IIRC, it's bulky, it can raise its Attack and Speed with Dragon Dance, AND it can raise its Attack even more with Moxie! Drain Punch keeps it alive, and basically makes it so it can laugh in Terrakion's face because of the Chople Berry. Seriously, Scrafty's bulky enough to take a Close Combat with Chople Berry, and then it gets over half its health back because Terrakion gets OHKOed. Yes, I know that Scrafty needs a DD just to have as strong a Drain Punch as Conkeldurr, but Conkeldurr is also slow as hell and doesn't have the movepool that Scrafty has.

After a DD, Scrafty outspeeds all base 111s, so that means he outspeeds everything up to Tornadus at +1. Chople Scrafty admittedly has trouble with Skarmory, but he does pretty damn well against a lot of the other guys in OU, mostly thanks to his coverage and Moxie.

The Bulk up set is pretty good to, Especially when paired with duel screen Espeon. They have good synergy and with screens and a few Bulk ups Srafty is extremely difficult to take down. But I gues the same could be said with Conkeldurr but Scrafty does have better sp defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)