Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: February 2015 (See Post 222 for April Quick Rises/Drops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, Flygon, Noivern, Scrafty and Kingdra on their way to drop to RU! And Cress, Helio, Abomasnow and Doublade are on the rise to UU. Chan, Pinsir and Kabutops seem to be on their way to dropping to NU next month and Seismitoad's increased RU usage is interesting.

Why is Gallade not dropped to BL or UU ?
| 63 | Gallade | 2.451% |
Even Hydreigon which is UU has got more usage this month, just explain me, i'm curious.

LMay, in order for a Pokemon to quick-drop, its usage must be less than 1.7% in a given month. Next month will be a standard three-month tier update. If Gallade maintains its current usage levels it will fall.

| 52 | Mandibuzz | 3.298% |
| 53 | Mamoswine | 3.265% |

OU could lose quite a bit.

| 56 | Abomasnow | 4.276% |
| 50 | Cresselia | 4.850% |
| 52 | Doublade | 4.713% |
| 53 | Heliolisk | 4.678% |

UU could take a lot from RU.

| 64 | Kingdra | 3.184% |
| 65 | Scrafty | 3.065% |
| 66 | Flygon | 2.945% |

Go down to RU already

| 59 | Hitmonchan | 2.825% |

ITS A SIGN

| 63 | Pinsir | 2.257% |
| 61 | Kabutops | 2.491% |

Kabutops, stop jumping between tiers

Interesting..............

The potential drop I'm most excited for is Flygon to RU. (Oh, and Kingdra too) Getting back Kabutops is nice. (Especially since it could be in a meta with Shiftry and no Seismitoad)

Now if there was a drop I want so badly that wasn't shown here, it would be Cinccino and Gastrodon to NU. (Please stop using those two in RU. They need to get to their proper homes where they can be safe and sound.)

Why the hell are Scrafty, Trevenant, and Flygon, 3 D-Rank mons, used mire in UU than Slowking, an A-Rank mon?
Because viability and usage are two different things. There's a certain amount of inertia for a pokemon to stay in its tier; Scrafty is currently in UU, so if you want to use Scrafty you have to use him in UU, which only increases his UU usage and prevents him from falling to RU. Combined with the Pokemon Showdown teambuilder listing pokemon by tier, thus making people overlook better pokemon from lower tiers, and this can lead to pokemon staying in tiers they really have no business being in.

No surprise that the BL pokemon rose to the higher tiers. They're all incredibly dangerous threats in their own right, and are fitting in nicely with their new homes. The possible upcoming rises and drops are interesting, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Numbers and metagame trends could change between now and May, and I look forward to seeing what happens when the time comes.

Oh yes, Flygon, Noivern, Scrafty and Kingdra on their way to drop to RU! And Cress, Helio, Abomasnow and Doublade are on the rise to UU. Chan, Pinsir and Kabutops seem to be on their way to dropping to NU next month and Seismitoad's increased RU usage is interesting.
that's nice. help out a low ladder player today and say a pokemon is outclassed. and drop scrafty/flygon/trevenant to ru. help low ladder today.

fleggumfl, it takes EXTREMELY high usage (6.7%) to do a quick-rise. Both should rise next month, when we do a regular tier update, and the cutoff is a mere 3.41%.
LMay, in order for a Pokemon to quick-drop, its usage must be less than 1.7% in a given month. Next month will be a standard three-month tier update. If Gallade maintains its current usage levels it will fall.
What do those numbers mean? Like how 3.41% means about 50%, what does 6.7% and 1.7% mean?

Your seriously complaining about this when Ambipom has 5.5% usage in RU?
I also want Ambipom to go to NU but I don't think it'll be nearly as good as Cinccino because Cinccino can beat Normal-type counters in the tier like Rhydon and Mismagius easier than Ambipom. (Though you can't do jack to Steels but pretty much every normal type in NU except for Tauros and Pyroar has that problem so whatever)

I noticed some things that are bound to happen soon.
Hippowdon and Tornadus-T up to OU.
Abomasnow and Heliodisk up to UU.
Scrafty, Whimsicott, and Kingdra down to RU.
Quagsire up to RU.
Hitmonchan will be NU next month! Ambipon is dropping in usage still will take time to reach NU.
Kecelon up to NU.
Probably more that I didn't notice instantly.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I noticed some things that are bound to happen soon.
Hippowdon and Tornadus-T up to OU.
Abomasnow and Heliodisk up to UU.
Scrafty, Whimsicott, and Kingdra down to RU.
Quagsire up to RU.
Hitmonchan will be NU next month! Ambipon is dropping in usage still will take time to reach NU.
Kecelon up to NU.
Probably more that I didn't notice instantly.
Whimsicott is already RU.

Noivern and Flygon are also likely to drop from UU to RU.

| 57 | Milotic | 4.117% |
| 59 | Trevenant | 3.593% |
PLEASE STOP USING THIS SH*T!!!
Milotic isn't so much bad as it is overshadowed by the vast selection of other bulky water types in UU. It probably should fall, but it's not a big deal if it doesn't. Trevenant, on the other hand, is utter garbage. I have literally never seen one do anything more than be annoying for a few turns with sub harvest/seed then faint when its luck runs out. Most of the time it just dies during its attempted setup. Especially with Infiltrator Crobat being absolutely everywhere this thing is a complete liability most of the time. It needs to fall.

Dear god...
This thing is f*cking A rank in OU...
OU has a lot of Mega Evolutions, and they're all mutually exclusive with each other. There are a total of 18 megas in A-rank alone, so it's practically unavoidable that some will fall from OU. In fact, if we don't count stuff like Mega Tyrannitar which are held up by usage of their non-mega form, Mega Gallade is currently the lowest-ranked mega evolution that has not fallen to UU/BL. So this actually is completely unsurprising.

The usage stats determining tier shifts are the 1760 ones (and the 1695 in OU), right? I may be mistaken, but I once read the decision was made to use those stats some time ago. It's just to prevent confusion and spark some interesting discussion that I'm asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)