1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Wi-Fi Tournament #2!

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Sonuis, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i have to get this one lol.
  2. Lord Alchemy

Lord Alchemy

I think I can actually make this one. YAY!
  3. Sonuis

Sonuis Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Q&A

Okay, sorry for the late post for most questions.

No. I'll clarify that it is for moves that distinctly raise evasion. This means Double Team and such. Otherwise, evasion boost via traits, chance effects, or items are legal.

It's a regardless basically. We will check for names, stats, traits, EV tally, etc. It's really hard to detect PokéSav though, so we can't necessarily be sure if a person used PokéSav or not.

Both players will have to agree to play their match via Pokémon Battle Revolution. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking by the second part, but players will discover the teams once the battle starts. Remember though, the Damage Control team is there to prevent people from revealing your team in the chat room, or if we discover a PM sharing case.

DS to Wii connectivity will be no trouble at all. Most likely, the team will be transferred temporarily to your Wii to avoid the hassle between DS -> Wii -> Wi-Fi -> Wii -> DS. PBR will most likely have a detection code again like in Colloseum that detects illegal Pokémon. Like Firestorm said, you cannot do a Wii vs. DS Wi-Fi match.

Yes. Accuracy-decreasing moves are easier to handle since a Pokémon can have their accuracy restored by switching out. Items only provide +1, moves have a chance, and traits are situational.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks to those who fielded the questions while I was temporarily away.
  4. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

Those are OHKO and Evasion bans, not clauses!

I used Sand-Attack on my joke BP team in GSC. As for Evasion, there weren't really enough people that used it successfully last time but smart people like myself already know it's broken when used effectively. ;/
  5. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

What I meant is that in Pokemon Battle Revolution, before the battle begins, I'm pretty sure the game displays both teams before the battle. Like how they did in the Stadium games. I was wondering if DS Battlers would have to tell each other their teams before the battle as well to stay consistent with those using the Wii.
  6. BrooklynWHAT

BrooklynWHAT

If I get the USB connector and finish my game and get a team set up in time, I might take part in the tourney
  7. T.L.

T.L.

I'm definitely in.
    Got eliminated in the first round in #1, partly because of my own mistakes.
    Before #2 I'm atleast gonna make sure I have time to get all the EVs to my pokemon. >_>
  8. Judgement

Judgement
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If I have time to participate, this time, I will definitely make sure that I have my team ready BEFORE the tournament. =)

I think this one will be just as interesting as the last one.
  9. Sir Spanky

Sir Spanky

This, except it may well go on to about 2-3am lol.
  10. Sonuis

Sonuis Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

No.
  11. -FL-

-FL-

This looks very interesting, If I catch the sign-ups, I'll be in for sure :D
  12. nomargu46

nomargu46

well there goes my masterful Wobbuffet plan, oh well... this should be pretty legit -- although we can all but guarantee victory from yours truly
  13. Valgram

Valgram

Eh, haven't participated in a Tournament in a long time. This should be interesting.
  14. Lord Alchemy

Lord Alchemy

If it ends up going that late(PDT), depending on my schedue, I'd have to drop out assuming thats even allowed. I'm having an Algorithim Analysis final that week (barf summer classes) and I'd prefer some sleep prior to taking it.
  15. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The last tournament ended around 6:00 PM Pacific iirc. This was with one match every round taking the maximum allotted time and the tournament starting half an hour late. You'll be fine.
  16. spies

spies

Lord Alchemy, Sir Spanky is in England
  17. Arseus

Arseus
    refuses to accept Contributor

Heh, maybe I can make it this time; I got back late from my trip last time, so I couldn't register for the first one. Also one little thing that's bugging me : Sunday, July 22th in the first post should be Sunday, July 22nd.
  18. Lord Alchemy

Lord Alchemy

Well dag, I forgot to check the location of the poster.
  19. Mos Def

Mos Def

ill be in on this
  20. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

time to get unlazy and get working on a non sucky team
  21. BrooklynWHAT

BrooklynWHAT

So this is basically a blanket ban even if the stats are untampered with? Because some people only use AR just to catch the Pokemon from previous generations.
  22. JTX.PWNY.CR3W

JTX.PWNY.CR3W

I'm pumped. I'm going to prepare a new team for the tourny.
  23. NC

NC

I was just wondering the same thing. I know wobbuffet proved to be broken/bad for the metagame, but I didn't see double team/minimize as a huge metagame breaker in any of the matches in the tourney.
  24. Tacho

Tacho

looks fun. i'm in
  25. Lupo Aro

Lupo Aro

I'll hopefully be in this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)