Smogon Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament Summer Edition II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

helloooo friendz. welcome to another smogon ygo tournament (the third and counting). before i say anything else.....
THIS TOURNAMENT IS OPEN TO ANYONE: NEWBIES, VETS, RETURNERS, ANYONE
. (PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU'RE JOINING ~_~)

now that that is out of the way I'm proud to tell you that all matches will be played on the new, sexy www.duelingnetwork.com simulator. the sim requires NO DOWNLOADS as it is all done in flash. it is simply a matter of registering an account with a valid email, and that's pretty much it

EDITS:
To address Shinkou's concern - if both players want to play on YVD than that is fine. however, it's up to both players to know how to use YVD so if you don't know how to use it stick to duelingnetwork

EDIT #2
IMPORTANT:
due to the fact that round robin finals are fucking retarded i've decided that i'm going to give 16 people byes in round 1 and the remaining 32 people will duke it out so that round 2 will have 32 competitors. i will decide these byes by who i deem is experienced in the current metagame. i can mostly tell by your posts if you are experienced or not but if you didn't make it clear can you please edit in your post to tell me if you've played actively in lets say... any of the past 3 formats. also for the record i'm going to be playing in round 1. :)

Tournament Rules:
1. All players must carefully familiarise themselves with the latest rulebook and follow the rules carefully.
2. If there is a dispute in terms of rulings, refer to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki.
3. Game discussion will be held on #yugioh, on irc.synirc.net. This can also be used to schedule matches and find some help for your deck! I can't stress this chat enough, there's almost always someone on and I encourage you to use it for anything yugioh related you may need.
4. You DO NOT have to use the same deck throughout the entire tournament but you CANNOT change your deck during the same round.
5. The tournament is knockout, played in Matches (not Duels!) ie. best of three.
6. No player may reveal the contents of their opponent's deck.
7. Each player may use a 15 card Side Deck.
8. Creativity is encouraged, although not mandatory.
9. Given the ability to use OCG and TCG cards I will allow them both to be combined if both players agree. HOWEVER, if one player wants to only play the TCG than that will take precedence and the other player will be forced to play the TCG meta. (if you don't know what any of this means don't worry, it's not that important)
10. It is advised that players compete whilst sober. Nobody wants to duel a drunk Hobo Joe.
11. - All matches will be played on Dueling Network in best 2 out of 3 match format.

To play like this on DN, combine your Main & Side together as 1 deck. Save the deck. When you connect for the match, put your hand back into the deck, then view the deck and remove your 15 Side Deck cards FACE-DOWN. If you do not remove them face-down, your opponent can see your Side Deck. After you have removed your 15 cards, begin game 1. Add everything back and reset life points to 8000 when you need to begin the next game.

this may seem confusing at first but believe me it's not. once again, if you're not familiar with duelingnetwork, feel free to ask any of the #yugioh regulars for any assistance you may need! Signups will last about 5 days (Maybe lower if we hit 32/48 sooner).

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

at this rate we'll probably get to 48, keep em coming guys.

1. Atticus
2. Reno
3. Shrapn3l
4. Floppy
5. Nexus
6. ice-eyes
7. LightWolf
8. Crafty Scrafty
9. Jay Jay
10. LizardMan
11. smashlloyd20
12. Terrador
13. makiri
14. solace
15. hobo-joe
16. sapphire birch
17. asim
18. pidge
19. rudy
20. quagsires
21. royal flush
22. flamestrike
23. von fielder
24. the pugilist
25. pimpgangster
26. icsy
27. temperantia
28. bharmalm
29. plusle
30. The_Chaser
31. Dark Radiance
32. Shinkou
33. Delta2777
34. sheep
35. wrekk
36. the interwebs
37. Steven Snype
38. nEsp
39. kd24
40. Alphashade
41. Nilf
42. BlueCaptain
43. Arch
44. JabbaTheGriffin
45. Heist
46. Fabbles
47. X-SandStreamer-X
48. reyscarface

SUBS
1. darthenos
2. cyberspeed
3. walrein
4. zystral
5. kurashidragon
6. undisput3d

yes obv, and this time I won't disappear from smogon for months right before I play in the finals

also FUCK I don't want to play against quasar

edit: or grapha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)