So what's next for Nintendo?

The only 2 games being released in the next 2 months that's worth mentioning is Final Fantasy Chronicles: My Life as a King, and Wii Fit. Other than that, there's nothing big for the Wii this year. PS3 and X-Box 360 have been very successful with a lot of original, non-sequal games; and Wii needs to do the same. No More Heroes was a nice original game for the Wii, but there's not many more good original games after that.

Seriously? Sure Nintendo have run dry some of their A-list franchises but they have a huge of B-list cult following type games (and not) and franchises to be expanded upon.
Just to throw some out there, stuff like kirby, harvest moon, animal crossing, f-zero, pikmin, metroid (not prime and god how awesome would a new super metroid-style DS metroid be), and kid icarus.
All these games I'm sure would be really popular, especially if they didn't deviate from what made them so great, like kirby and metroid did kinda in the latest gens. Especially metroid. God I fucking want a new DS metroid platformer.
Also I heard Wii Fit is gonna be $80 somewhere, like £45 in GBP (heh) though I'm still not shelling that out unless some awesome game comes out that uses the balance board.

I'm hoping they do another Platforing game soon. DK, Kirby and yoshi need some more love (DK Barrel Blast is the worst game ever). There's also Starfox and F-zero, I've played neither of the franchises though. Pikmin 3 would be the biggest hope I have though. I loved Pikmin 2 so, sooooo much.

We also have some third party stuff and wii ware. I'm looking forward to The strong bad game :)

Edit: I knew, It makes it all the better :)

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I really want Nintendo to come out with something new...like, not another game in an old series, but some actual original game.

It would be nice to see a new series from Nintendo. They have a brand new system to work with, so it shouldn't be that difficult.

Also I would like to see another Bomberman game for the Wii. The last Bomberman game I enjoyed was Bomberman Hero for the N64. Ever since then, Nintendo sorta dropped him as a series.

Edit: Except for the two 2 Bomberman games for the DS, Nintendo hasn't really done anything with him. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to play those two games, so I wouldn't know how good they were.

I sequel to Star Fox Assault would be awesome, I loved the gameplay and multiplayer in that game. It was just sadly really short. :( :(

Regarding both Wii and DS, I think Nintendo needs to push out a new first party game, and finally come out with a new series. It's been what, 7 years or so since Nintendo had released a new character? Come on now, Nintendo...

Resident Evil is a Capcom franchise. The next main series game will be on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

NESgamer, I'm pretty sure they've never said that. Any questions about Golden Sun 3 have been responded with something along the lines of "It's not out of the question".
Actually, the creators have been a bit more adamant about continuing the series. This interview from October of last year has the creator saying that 'I love that game and I love the world of Golden Sun. We think we have to make another one. We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven’t gotten around to making it. We’re not really sure why. (laughs)'

That's a lot different than the generic 'It's not out of the question' response and actually gives a pretty good chance of there being another game eventually developed.

Well, we forget that the DS won't be outdated for at least the next four years (Consloes come out ~every 5 years) I hear they're making the 5th Generation pokemon game, and Pokemon Ranger 2.
But on the Wii, personally i dont care much. I don't like the Wii, but we got one for my sister's Bday anyways. I would MUCH prefer to have an Xbox or a Ps3. The Wii doesn't have too many interesting games (to me), and its not worth paying almost $400 for. (250+ 2 Controllers). But I can see a Kirby game, and a Metroid Game coming out. I havn't been much of a Nintendo Fan, but I play Brawl and Pokemon and stuf I guess, but I still prefer God of War (Imagine that fof the Wii 0.o)
But, I would like to see a new, fresh franchise come out. That or a game come out that features you playing as Meta Knight (Favortie Brawl Character btw \M/(^.^)\M/

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm still expecting Animal Crossing, a relativly new series compared to some of Nintendo's. With wifi it could be amazing. But we'll probably not have NES games, again -_-.

Actually, the creators have been a bit more adamant about continuing the series. This interview from October of last year has the creator saying that 'I love that game and I love the world of Golden Sun. We think we have to make another one. We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven’t gotten around to making it. We’re not really sure why. (laughs)'

That's a lot different than the generic 'It's not out of the question' response and actually gives a pretty good chance of there being another game eventually developed.
Oh yeah, that's what i was talking about. While is not solid proof it at least shows that there was an approach from Nintendo and they are willing to make it...

The deal with Kirby and DK is i would like them to have an adventure, not a dance game, not mini games, not racing. I want them to return to their platform glory, be it 2-D or 3-D.

Metroid should have a new 2-D game as well, i loved prime games but a classic Metroid on the DS would be the shit.

Why does everyone forget about Jungle Beat? People bash it for the controls without even playing it. It was a good title.

Fishin, Kirby Squeak Squad is good from what I've heard. Mario Galaxy 2 was something Miyamoto said he wouldn't mind doing or something. I wouldn't expect a Mario Galaxy 2 anytime soon though.

Reggie said Nintendo would make announcements at E3 (July). I guess we'll have to hold out for that? At least this means we'll actually get something at E3 unlike last year. Last year they spent more time showing YouTube montages and saying "WE ARE AWESOME AND SUCCESSFUL" than anything else.

The only Wii game that I will be purchasing Day 1 this year is Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Will probably get Mario Kart when I see it cheap. I probably won't pick up Wii Fit as it doesn't interest me. I have no idea what's going on with Project HAMMER or Day of Crisis. Heck, I'm not even sure if that was the name of Day of Crisis due to how long it's been since they were announced.
There is going to be a new Tales of Symphonia?????

I'm hoping for a sequel to Kid Icarus, and a new Mother, and I suppose spore is going to be coming around soon. But mostly, my hopes are in the DS right now, I can't wait for FF tactics advance and the Fire Emblem remake.

Also the wii ware games lok pretty interesting, I'm looking forwards to the Chrystal Chronicals one.

There is going to be a new Tales of Symphonia?????
Get with the times man, it's called "Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World" (Well that's a mouthful). New characters (So far only 2 playable, I think?) but everyone else is making cameos and will join and leave your team every now and then. Go read up on it.

I want to see Pikmin 3, Earthbound sequel (who doesn't), more Metroid games, and maybe a half decent Pokemon RPG game... PBR sucks. A lot. We need something like the DS games, except with a 3D world, and not such a lame battle thingy like PBR has. The way they always walk back to the same spot is insanely lame, and they shrug all the same no matter what hit 'em, be it rapid spin or Outrage >_<

I want to see Pikmin 3, Earthbound sequel (who doesn't), more Metroid games, and maybe a half decent Pokemon RPG game... PBR sucks. A lot. We need something like the DS games, except with a 3D world, and not such a lame battle thingy like PBR has. The way they always walk back to the same spot is insanely lame, and they shrug all the same no matter what hit 'em, be it rapid spin or Outrage >_<
too bad except for the first and third these will never, ever happen =[

I'm somewhat regretting my choice to buy the Wii instead of the 360/PS3 as they simply don't get as many good third party games, (I could only get one.) I'm looking forwards to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Tales of Symphonia 2 for the Wii, but they are not Nintendo. Wii Fit is the only announced Nintendo games that I can see myself getting.

Pikmin 3 would be sick, but I'm sort of hoping for something completely new. I'm getting sort of tired of sequels and shit of that sort.

I'm somewhat regretting my choice to buy the Wii instead of the 360/PS3 as they simply don't get as many good third party games, (I could only get one.) I'm looking forwards to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Tales of Symphonia 2 for the Wii, but they are not Nintendo. Wii Fit is the only announced Nintendo games that I can see myself getting.
If not for Nintendo's first party games, I would not have bought the Wii.
I always thought it was a shame that Nintendo chose to make the console so weak. It doesn't seem to have harmed them but how many developers downgrade the Xbox 360/PS3 version for the Wii? Instead, how many have produced a PS2 version and an "upgraded" Wii version. Surprisingly many for the latter but how long can this go on? Is the Wii version worth developing on its own for when the title is originally for Xbox 360/PS3?

If Nintendo can bring out more games that don't have unnecessary Wiimote waggling, I'll be happy. They at least seem to understand not to force it on people yet it still happens that you have to use the pointing function for menus rather than the analogue stick when the latter control scheme can actually be less irritating, especially when the rest of the game doesn't specifically require it. I don't mean MK Wii or Twilight Princess etc., I know those allow the proper controls.

Give me a port of ANY of the Jedi knight games (JKI, JKII:Outcast, or even Acadamy), with some good Wiimote controls, and i wont have any more problems with the lack of Nintendo 3rd party games.

As for First party? Please for the love of god give me somthing new and "fresh". Hopefully an adventure game. I really wouldnt mind a game expanding on the ocean exploration stuff in WW

How could i forget!.

If i recall correctly, on an interview (can't find source now, bear with me) Golden Sun creators said they were asked by nintendo to make the third game of the saga. While they couldn't because they were working on something else, i think in the future this is going to happen, if not is already being made.

I think it would be nice to see it jump to a big platform or just to the DS, either way i would like to see this happen.

this. Golden Sun was amazing. I'm just not sure what they could do with it, since in Lost Age the world was pretty much saved and all loose ends were tied up. I think a similar style game, but with a different story/world (like Final Fantasy Games) would be awesome. I love the Djinn system so much.

But I also agree with Surgo. Recently, a friend of mine was talking about getting a console for the first time. I talked her out of the PS3 into the Xbox360, but I didn't even bother supporting the Wii. Right now, unless you are a Nintendo fan, the Wii is absolute garbage as far as good, non-casual games come. I loved RE4 and LoZ:TP, but those were both Gamecube games from development. Metroid Prime 3 was good, but outshone by RE4 (coming from someone who's first RE game was RE4 and played the entire Prime series).

I also agree with the statement that developers are just making PS2+ games for the Wii. How hard is it to tone down graphics? I personally think that would be easier than upgrading PS2 graphics, but I really don't know anything about programming and such.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Give me a port of ANY of the Jedi knight games (JKI, JKII:Outcast, or even Acadamy), with some good Wiimote controls, and i wont have any more problems with the lack of Nintendo 3rd party games.
Force Unleashed in September be 'k?

I didn't really think about StarFox. I would personally like to see the Wiimote used upright as a joystick with B button for lasers, A button for bombs, and the control pads for the g-fuse controls (boosts etc.)

That would be for a more classic style OR they could use the nunchuck to control the ship (tilting it like a giant joy stick) and aim with the wiimote to fire missles (which are currently not a part of an arwing). That would be more unique...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)