Some sort of Egg 'RNG' Abuse (Read the first post!)

But look at the IVs. They are not the same as the one I hatched after saving or am i doing it wrong? What IV calculator you guys use to calculate level 1 mobs IVs?
Other people have posted that switching gender ratios during the method has introduced other weirdness than just switching the gender; I've experienced this as well. For this method to work properly for gender, IVs, anything, both the test egg hatched and the actual egg must contain pokemon of the same gender ratio.

Other people have posted that switching gender ratios during the method has introduced other weirdness than just switching the gender; I've experienced this as well. For this method to work properly for gender, IVs, anything, both the test egg hatched and the actual egg must contain pokemon of the same gender ratio.
I theorize that using the OPPOSITE gender ratio, might work. I tested it, albeit only once, with a Miltank and Smeargle as the test parents and Rotom and JPN Ditto as the real ones, and the nature inheritance was the same, everstone or not, and the IV inheritance seemed to be inverted. (Either that, or the Ditto is considered the mother; this needs to be tested with male-only Pokemon, and other opposite gender ratios like Clefairy and Machop)

I theorize that using the OPPOSITE gender ratio, might work. I tested it, albeit only once, with a Miltank and Smeargle as the test parents and Rotom and JPN Ditto as the real ones, and the nature inheritance was the same, everstone or not, and the IV inheritance seemed to be inverted. (Either that, or the Ditto is considered the mother; this needs to be tested with male-only Pokemon, and other opposite gender ratios like Clefairy and Machop)
Ditto is the female if there is no female present. This includes when it breeds with genderless pokemon like Rotom.

Ditto is the female if there is no female present. This includes when it breeds with genderless pokemon like Rotom.
In that case, I'm even more sure of this. I'm interested if this works with other opposite gender ratios. Either way, it will be much easier to use Miltank as a test parent than another Ditto, because you can't breed Ditto to have perfect IVs for being able to do this with only the judge.

In that case, I'm even more sure of this. I'm interested if this works with other opposite gender ratios. Either way, it will be much easier to use Miltank as a test parent than another Ditto, because you can't breed Ditto to have perfect IVs for being able to do this with only the judge.
So what do you mean by now? please enlighten me.

So what do you mean by now? please enlighten me.
If you have a father Pokemon and a Miltank, you will be able to use them as test parents for genderless Pokemon like Magnemite, but the Ditto is considered the mother. If the father has 31/31/31/0/0/0 and the mother has 0/0/0/31/31/31 (or any other opposite IV spreads) you would be able to do the RNG trick without having to use an IV calculator; you could do it with only the judge in Kiloude City. And for obvious reasons it's easier to do this with a Miltank than a Ditto.

I'm assuming this will also work with male-only Pokemon like Hitmonlee. And I'm also assuming that you will be able to use gender ratio 1:3 Pokemon like Clefairy as test parents for gender ratio 3:1 Pokemon like Machop. But these need to be tested and I can't be assed.

In that case, I would recommend test parents that are all in the Field Egg Group, rather than based on their number of egg cycles, in order to require only ONE "perfect" 31/31/31/0/0/0 test father.

0:1 Mother: Miltank
1:3 Mother: Snubbull
1:1 Mother: Pachirisu
7:1 Mother: Eevee

All four of these have two abilities and an available Hidden Ability.

In that case, I would also recommend breeding multiples of the father so you can trade them away, and also breeding a father whose IVs are identical to the mothers' so you can breed mothers to trade away. Getting that Eevee would probably be a pain though; it's a shame there's no such thing as 1:7 gender ratios.

Last edited:
If you have a father Pokemon and a Miltank, you will be able to use them as test parents for genderless Pokemon like Magnemite, but the Ditto is considered the mother. If the father has 31/31/31/0/0/0 and the mother has 0/0/0/31/31/31 (or any other opposite IV spreads) you would be able to do the RNG trick without having to use an IV calculator; you could do it with only the judge in Kiloude City. And for obvious reasons it's easier to do this with a Miltank than a Ditto.

I'm assuming this will also work with male-only Pokemon like Hitmonlee. And I'm also assuming that you will be able to use gender ratio 1:3 Pokemon like Clefairy as test parents for gender ratio 3:1 Pokemon like Machop. But these need to be tested and I can't be assed.
Well, as theory has been confirmed that it's gender ratio based, then this investment is rather profitable than a waste. Thanks for this.

Well for most pokes (i.e. ones that don't use mixed attacks) you only want to bother with a spread where attack or sp attack is randomed. As such, a father of 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a mother of x/0/x/0/x/x should do the trick (can swap around. this comes to 4 IVs per poke, so it should be pretty easy to make actually, but shifting more IVs to a shared father means the mothers are even easier). Total imperfect/perfect stats would make it easier for making intermediary pokes on flawed spreads, but I only bother with that when I have a female spread for a 7:1 male species that I want egg moves on.

Well for most pokes (i.e. ones that don't use mixed attacks) you only want to bother with a spread where attack or sp attack is randomed. As such, a father of 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a mother of x/0/x/0/x/x should do the trick (can swap around. this comes to 4 IVs per poke, so it should be pretty easy to make actually, but shifting more IVs to a shared father means the mothers are even easier). Total imperfect/perfect stats would make it easier for making intermediary pokes on flawed spreads, but I only bother with that when I have a female spread for a 7:1 male species that I want egg moves on.
Right now, Im having a problem with that 7:1 actually. lol so for example I have scyther 6IV then i bred it with all x Ditto, so this method will work on same gender ratio of scyther and not on ditto right? as ditto has no gender. lol right? or will not work?

Will egg moves still be passed down, even if the initial pokemon that generated the egg did not have any to pass down?

i.e. I use Magikarps to check for IV inheritence first (they don't have egg moves), 'travel back in time' and switch them with pokemon that do have egg moves.

So what happened now, I have taurus perfect IVs are hp and atak only and eevee perfect IVs are def, stak, sdef, spd.
The egg hatched female with def, stak, sdef, speed.

I switched the parents with 6IV squirtle, and 5IV squirtle missing only attack. So I should expect no attack female right?

what happened was, the same egg result, squirtle female def, stak, sdef and speed IVs only. I thought the IVs of HP and Atak are taken from the mother part? why is this not happening in my case? Did I do something wrong? with the test parents I put destiny knot only then with the real parents I put destiny knot and everstone.

So what happened now, I have taurus perfect IVs are hp and atak only and eevee perfect IVs are def, stak, sdef, spd.
The egg hatched female with def, stak, sdef, speed.

I switched the parents with 6IV squirtle, and 5IV squirtle missing only attack. So I should expect no attack female right?

what happened was, the same egg result, squirtle female def, stak, sdef and speed IVs only. I thought the IVs of HP and Atak are taken from the mother part? why is this not happening in my case? Did I do something wrong? with the test parents I put destiny knot only then with the real parents I put destiny knot and everstone.
Only 5 stats are inherited with destiny knot. The last one is randomized. In your case, it appears HP is randomized and attack is pulled from the mother (with the rest also pulled from the mother).

Will egg moves still be passed down, even if the initial pokemon that generated the egg did not have any to pass down?

i.e. I use Magikarps to check for IV inheritence first (they don't have egg moves), 'travel back in time' and switch them with pokemon that do have egg moves.
I believe egg moves will work fine. They don't have anything to do with PID which is what causes the wonkiness with gender ratios.

I find this more unreliable as the 6TH iv is randomized so you need to check then reload and that takes time. I mean, U are not even sure where the IVs are really. LIke I keep checking then, I get 5IVs at first then I make sure the IVs of the true parents are present then yet it will come out even 4IV or 3IV sometimes. And the IV calculator online is not as reliable as that as they want you to be on specific level. I tried going to battle something just to check stats at 50 and yet, the stats for IV calculator are not that reliable. But this method is helpful if you dont have the 5IV perfect yet for that pokemon that you dont have but if you both have, you better do the basics than this as you keep on resetting and if youre doing masuda too, better to do basics.
Good thing with this is, u save a lot of inventory spaces but we never know we might need those extra pokemons for trade. But to get a 6IV better do the manual old style.

This system probably works best if you have a second game. lock in a pattern with sp atk/ atk randomed and breed up the parents (or really just mother, since you'll probably have a good father after the first couple) to specs on the other game and trade over. Also works well for multitasking since you can just stick in a coin as opposed to having to watch for more eggs.

Yeah, but I hope the real RNG thing will come out soon. lol NO updates yet?
The 3DS is a much, much harder piece of hardware to hack than the regular DS. Also, given the amount of security put into the 3DS, it's also possible people aren't trying very hard in order to avoid Nintendo lawsuits. Even that one guy who claimed to have hacked enough into the system to reveal the new Legendary mons said that he wouldn't divulge any more information than that.

The 3DS is a much, much harder piece of hardware to hack than the regular DS. Also, given the amount of security put into the 3DS, it's also possible people aren't trying very hard in order to avoid Nintendo lawsuits. Even that one guy who claimed to have hacked enough into the system to reveal the new Legendary mons said that he wouldn't divulge any more information than that.
So I better buy I guess a 2ds console then RNG the 5th and below right? Hmm, Imma check ebay. lol

On the other side, well, I love pokemon, and if this wont get hacked officially, this make it more interesting.

has any new information been acquired in regards to shiny pokemon? is it possible to have your egg set to hatch the perfect pokemon and then SR for a shiny?

Can someone confirm for me that Ditto can play both male and female, depending on what the other Pokemon's gender is? All I have tried is using Ditto with a female, and that seems to work. But does it work the other way around, will Ditto be the female, if the other is a male. Again, I'm using a male and female Magikarp for generating the egg first.

OK hear me out as it might be a tad difficult to follow.

THE RNG also passes down the 6th stat. What does this mean?

Here's my example.

I found that my spread was this

Desinty/everstone
Hp-Male
Attack-Male
Defense - Female
Sp Attack- Male
Sp Defense - Female
Speed - it was ZERO

Noting that none of my pokes had ZERO speed IV. I thought this was worth testing to see if the RNG will again pass down ZERO speed.

So when I tried to breed again after the reset, I matched all the stats and it came out with perfect IVS in all stats but with speed at ZERO. Interesting no?

OK hear me out as it might be a tad difficult to follow.

THE RNG also passes down the 6th stat. What does this mean?

Here's my example.

I found that my spread was this

Desinty/everstone
Hp-Male
Attack-Male
Defense - Female
Sp Attack- Male
Sp Defense - Female
Speed - it was ZERO

Noting that none of my pokes had ZERO speed IV. I thought this was worth testing to see if the RNG will again pass down ZERO speed.

So when I tried to breed again after the reset, I matched all the stats and it came out with perfect IVS in all stats but with speed at ZERO. Interesting no?
FYI the RNG'd stat is fixed. So if your mon RNG'd a 0 Speed stat, if you reset, the next mon will still have that 0 Speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)