Something A Little Different

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello! I'm here to bring a old forum drawing exercise/game here to Smeargle's Studio. This is essentially a game of telephone but with pictures. What happens, in a nutshell, is that each signed up user will draw a picture and (optionally) provide a bit of text to accompany. They then send it on to the next user in line, who will draw their own bit to advance the story. Once it's all over, I'll post the final product in topic here for everyone to see and enjoy! Here's the process:

1) Make a post in this topic saying that you want to join! You may request a specific numbered slot if you'd like.

2) The first person draws a panel and writes a little bit (if they so choose). They then PM it to the next person in line AND me.

3) Person #2 will receive Person #1's image in PM, and draw the next step of the story and writes a bit of accompanying text with it too, if they want. They send their picture (only their picture, not Person #1's) to Person #3 and me. NOTE: Every picture and piece of text needs to be sent to me at each pass of the story from user to user. That way, I can post it all in the end and keep the chain going if a user suddenly must drop out.

4) Person #3 does their bit and PMs only their material to Person #4 and myself. This continues until we reach the end of our list of sign ups. I'll then get them all posted in here and hilarity will ensue~

Remember, be silly, witty, and have a good time! This isn't meant to be super serious art work; we're just making a fun story as a community. I'm not going to make a deadline for when art is due, but you should be able to "pass the baton" within a day or two. These are way more fun when everyone draws quickly and gets their stuff done; be as prompt as possible. Also, don't worry about how "good" you are at drawing. I've seen people make hilarious and awesome contributions with just MSPaint and a mouse!

If you're drawing, make sure your picture is 600 pixels wide. The height can be unlimited. This is for consistency's sake when the SALD is done!

If this sounds like the kind of thing you're keen to, then start by signing up! I'll take 12 users for this one so we can get it done snappy. If you have any questions, send me a PM or a VM!

Current Player List

1. Fatecrashers
2. Al Alchemist
3. Doran Dragon
4. Lady Salamence
5. bluehoundoom
6. Gerard
7. spuds4ever
8. elcheeso
9. furosuto
10. RitterCat
11. icepick

SALD Index

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
so doodleordie essentially
Uhh sure! I am not claiming to invent anything new; I've done this on different forums under different names. The goal is just to create something fun as a community!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alright! Let's get this thing rolling. I sent my image and text onto Alchemator =)

I've gotten a bunch of requests to add extra people to this. However, I want to keep our first "SALD" short and snappy. But don't worry, there's a high probability that we'll do this again once we finish, maybe with even more slots. Keep your eyes pealed!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have completed my piece.

It was like ripping a budding flower from loamy earth; drowning a newborn puppy; smashing a freshly-baked cake with multiple hammers.

My apologies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
Haha it is hilarious! This thing is all over the place @__@

Also, we're keeping a really good pace. Keep up the awesome work guys; finish strong!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)