Speed is fun - 'till it kills!

Very nice warstory! Great comeback in the end and I was actually thinking that you were pretty much screwed near the end! Though I honestly question why the Blaziken didn't just go for the Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick....

Alice

The worst taste in music
It's been a while since last time I posted in this site, and it's also been a while since last time I enjoyed and laughed so hard with a warstory (especially with both haxorus and blaziken pics, those were epic XD). It was great, and you deserve the praise for it =)

That Blaziken really screwed up; missing Fire Blast was the game changer.

Great story, really funny. Post another if you have another good battle!

great job on working on this. I really liked the creative movesets. Those deserve a mention, and you really took the time to both study your opponent's moves, create your team, and write this.

9/10

This is a sick warstory, but you were so strong at the start I really always had confidence that you would win.

Awesome battle and commentary, there were few flaws here and there in the battle(who doesn't), but over all you both played well. Luvdisc'd.

This is in all honesty one of the best warstorys I've ever read on smogon. The format was superb, the commentary was brilliant, and the whole story flowed with impeccable percision.

However, there is one nagging flaw. If Blaziken hit with that fire blast your scizor would've been toast, being unable to revenge virizion in the final turn. That bit of hax won you the match and taints your victory.

Nonetheless, this is at least a 9/10.

Oh dearie me, this is still going? XD

.. and it even made those luvdisc go golden oh my goodness I love you guys! Thanks a lot for doing that, it means tons to me to know that you would actually bother confirming to others that you like reading stuff that I write at times even though me being excited causes my sentences to make no sense and omg omg omg ok stopping now before this seems weirder than it is.

To all of you that are un-interested in me replying to stuff, have a .gif:

bloody brilliant man
bloody brilliant woman. with a mary on top

Fantastic warstory, good commentary, nice battle. More please!

Btw, am I the only one who thinks the movement Tornadus makes with its 'tail' is... Weird?
If I ever get a battle that is as memorable as this (time will tell I guess, but I haven't had any that I've really wanted to showcase unless you're into 30 turn long stallfests with subseed abomasnow versus eviolite mangeton with magnet rise and rest.. eh yeah I'd prefer not to bore you to death lol), I will post it, the responses has been quite encouraging in that regard haha.

And if you think Tornadus is bad just take a look at mr Landorus over there, with his suggestive tentacle. atta man, heh heh heh.

Great battle, original sets, and amusing commentary! 1010! Keep it coming! :)
keep up the stimulus and I certainly will!

one of the best reads in a long time 10/10
one of the best comments in a long time 10/10

Lately, every time I read a warstory, when I'm done I'm all like "wow, can I have the last 10 minutes of my life back."

HOWEVER, this was not the case here! ;D

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, I thought it was really well done.

FORMAT:
This was absolutely wonderful, I wish everyone formatted theirs like this. Sprites, percentages, smaller font where appropriate, etc. The whole package. 10/10
BATTLE: Definitely an entertaining battle for the first part, but some weird mistakes kind of threw me. I don't know why Mienshao would ever switch out of Tyranitar, but I think that was mentioned in another comment. A couple other small misplays, but whatever, I don't feel it took too much away from the story. 8/10
COMMENTS: For someone claiming English isn't their first language, you write very well. I had no problems understanding any of it, and your comments were all very detailed, well thought out, and even humorous at times. If you were to write another warstory, I would certainly read it. 10/10
OVERALL: 28/30 = 9.3/10

Again, amazing read, thanks for renewing my faith in warstories. =)
I sort of know that feeling. Well, I didn't really get to know it until I cheerfully clicked on a "recently posted warstory" by someone with a username similar to, what was it, "BottleGuy"? Regardless, I'm not quite sure if me "renewing your faith in warstories" is a good thing, as I do not wish anyone to experience pages worth of men getting bottles stuck in certain orifices due to their love of warstories. Hopefully I'll get to spam up the forums some more to lessen the risk of such an experience happening to you guys, eventually.

Thanks though! :D

Best warstory ever! 10/10! Great job!
I'm glad you think so! However, there are a lot of better reads out there, trust me. Anything archived is a solid choice, for instance, not to mention a lot of the warstories posted here in Dargonspriggal Towaru are certainly worth your time in my honest opinion. Go broaden your horizons, young one XD

Great, absolutely amazing.

10/10

Liked the Tailwind Scizor that was an interesting choice.
I think that the warstory would be a lot less interesting without TaiScor, that's for sure :x Thanks! :]

Great warstory, definitely one of the best I've read this generation. I also liked your team and would appreciate some deeper info about it if you feel like it. Anyway congratulations, expecting more of the same in the future.
Eh, it is probably as outdated as it can get, and gimmicks sort of die when you post them anyway, so no trouble asked at all! Well, I'll only post the movesets really, but I think I made a RMT back then at the PokeCommunity forums, haha. Eh regardless movesets here we go!

Kojondo (Mienshao) (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk) <- changed this to Adamant and gave it more HP in exchange for speed after this battle, hnng

- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Torunerosu (Tornadus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Hammer Arm
- Tailwind

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 SDef

IVs: 30 Speed

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tailwind
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf

Ononokusu (Haxorus) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage

one of the best warstories ever
(sorry vex) naw jk, vex is the best:toast:
keep them coming
1000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10
that toast you've got right there.

Best warstory of the gen, one of the best I've ever read

10/10!
BROADEN YOUR DAMNED HORIZONS, there's a lot of good stuff out there XD Thank you though! Really glad you enjoyed it!

Fun to read. Loads of personality. Some close calls and interesting tactics. I really enjoyed some of the extraneous, but hilarious, pictures. You will hear plenty of cries for "MOAR" I'm sure. /luv

aww shucks. Glad you liked it!

Wow. Amazing battle, nice Mienshao, great commentary.

9.8/10 (I took .2 of a point off for overthinking.)
I tend to do that a lot XD Thanks! :]

those picture, the wonderful formating....MIENSHAO!!!! wonderful just wonderful!

u r win.
You (as well as me) may be a lot of things, but you're certainly not the personification of grammar. Glad to know my warstory appealed to you as well though! :] Thanks for reading!

The best 5th gen warstory...=D
congrats
10/10
err. Yeah read one of the above comments in regard to the "best" status lol. Thanks though! :]

This is brilliant.
Inb4archive
Next one might very well be a UU battle, who knows? Probably won't include two trickers though. Thanks regardless!

Wow, amazing warstory.
Very nice job! ^^
Thanks! Certainly took me a while to write this up (including these kinds of replies hnng), I apprechiate it being apprechiated :]

Very nice warstory! Great comeback in the end and I was actually thinking that you were pretty much screwed near the end! Though I honestly question why the Blaziken didn't just go for the Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick....
I figured that the blaziken user would just set up on Scizor, really, I mean any sensible person would switch out as scizor really can't do much to Blaziken other than dying.. Not complaining though :x

Excellent warstory. Epic match, epic format, epic teams and epic way of dealing with Blaziken.
Excellent punctation, as well as an epic way of describing things. Your vocabulary could be better though. 8/10

It's been a while since last time I posted in this site, and it's also been a while since last time I enjoyed and laughed so hard with a warstory (especially with both haxorus and blaziken pics, those were epic XD). It was great, and you deserve the praise for it =)
FINALLY SOMEONE THAT APPRECHIATES THE BLAZIKEN PICTURE, THANK YOU THOR ALLMIGHTY! Glad you got a laugh out of it, you're a very satisfying crowd to entertain, to say to the very least!

That Blaziken really screwed up; missing Fire Blast was the game changer.

Great story, really funny. Post another if you have another good battle!
Glad you liked it! I'll probably write up a little tl;dr about the Fire Blast miss because tbh it annoys me too XD

10/10
Loved the creative movesets
Loved the creative username. Out of curiousity, do they restrict you to the ability "Stench" until you manage to trick that name away?

Nice Battle, 9/10 and i like this "
" lol
I like that arrow too! Amazing piece of art, that one.

great job on working on this. I really liked the creative movesets. Those deserve a mention, and you really took the time to both study your opponent's moves, create your team, and write this.

9/10
Playtesting takes a while, but it was either CB Haxorus or CB Hihidaruma. Main reason why I chose Haxorus was due to the 1) lack of sr weak and 2) lack of immunities to it's spamable stab, as well as 3) it doesn't tie with Mebukijika or w/e it is called now, so it seemed more "consistent" as a tailwind sweeper. Might be worth a shot though. Glad you liked it! :]

This was a good war story and well presented. 10/10!
Delibird think you presented this well as well.

This is a sick warstory, but you were so strong at the start I really always had confidence that you would win.
Just you wait, next match I'll use superpower on every single pokemon to make it even stronger ;]

11/10 Love the Haxorus-Outrage picture.
You're not alone!

Awesome battle and commentary, there were few flaws here and there in the battle(who doesn't), but over all you both played well. Luvdisc'd.
:D Loving the luvdisc, loving the comment.

great warstory. Best one I've read on smogon so far, keep it up! 10/10
Check some earlier posts, they provided plenty of inspiration to me! thank you!

This is in all honesty one of the best warstorys I've ever read on smogon. The format was superb, the commentary was brilliant, and the whole story flowed with impeccable percision.

However, there is one nagging flaw. If Blaziken hit with that fire blast your scizor would've been toast, being unable to revenge virizion in the final turn. That bit of hax won you the match and taints your victory.

Nonetheless, this is at least a 9/10.
Firstly, I don't really care about losing or winning when it comes to warstories, I'm a fan of the saying that goes like "you should only rarely post warstories if you actually win in them" or something like that, idk if it makes sense.

Yeah, Fire Blast would've left me unable to kill off his Virizion at the end of the battle, but then again I was prepared to sack scizor at that point. Tornadus also missed with Hammer Arm versus Tyranitar, which would've allowed it to be a lot more healthier and pose a threat to the rest of his team, as well as potentially allowing Latios to leave a few holes for anything else to sweep (see, no stealth rocks and tailwind support makes haxorus an angry outrager) and then again I could always rely on Mienshao to take a hit for the team or something idk..

Summa summarum, FB miss = HA miss = equal hax = part of the game, but it wouldn't have stopped me from posting it XD Glad you liked the read though!

------

@ All of you, I regret to inform you that despite this shameless bump/wall of replies, I do not yet have another log that I think is up to par yet, so if you want me to post another one, I certainly will, but in due time. Might be within a few days if I get a good battle, might be in a few months etc. Regardless, I'll let you know if I think I've got something that might not make your eyes bleed upon reading.

Until then, be entertained by Giovanni dancing with three ludicolo!

Opposite Day, going awayyyy to the ladder for combat o/

If possible, I would like to nominate this for a future archive. I learned a lot from reading it, and that is without the obvious entertainment value! 10/10 on all fronts!

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
lol the replies to the comments make this warstory even better
inb4 pointing out my lack of correctly used punctuation;

You know a warstory is good when it has just as many Luvdiscs as it does posts... (at the time of typing this, of course.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)