STAB Explosion (Lickilicky Discussion)

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Adman, even if they do, nothing's going to live.

Unless you're a steelix switch-in, but if you ARE a Steelix switch-in, there wasn't much Licki cuold have done anyways.
See, a Swords Danced Explosion OHKO's skarmory, always.

However, an unboosted one will still do a hell of enough damage, that when you survive, whatever comes in next is killing you, still putting momentum in their favor.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Wouldn't opponents know what you're doing when the Custap Berry activates, though?
ACTUALLY, Custap does not activate until the turn begins. Unlike stat-boosting pinch berries, Custap activates right before you attack, so it's essentially a one-time, hidden, uber-salac.

So, when they see Custap berry activate, they'll know what you're doing- But they can't do a fucking thing to stop you because they will have already had to have input their moves. Brilliant, eh? My favorite thing about the Custap.

Hmmmm..... I wonder how much Explosion's damage would be on an Uber...... lol. I really like Lickilicky now, and I was thinking about using the Endure+Custap+Explosion Idea in a 2v2. I think it would be funny as hell if he could kill something like a Mewtwo lead. 8) Chyeah.

ACTUALLY, Custap does not activate until the turn begins. Unlike stat-boosting pinch berries, Custap activates right before you attack, so it's essentially a one-time, hidden, uber-salac.

So, when they see Custap berry activate, they'll know what you're doing- But they can't do a fucking thing to stop you because they will have already had to have input their moves. Brilliant, eh? My favorite thing about the Custap.
Heh. I remember when I first read about Custap Berry and I was hoping it activated at the beginning of the turn instead of when you took the damage. It's really good to know that it's the case. I'd equate it more to a guaranteed Quick Claw than a Salac Berry, since it makes you go first and isn't a permanent boost.

Does Micle Berry activate right before you attack, or will opponents be ready for it?

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Heh. I remember when I first read about Custap Berry and I was hoping it activated at the beginning of the turn instead of when you took the damage. It's really good to know that it's the case. I'd equate it more to a guaranteed Quick Claw than a Salac Berry, since it makes you go first and isn't a permanent boost.

Does Micle Berry activate right before you attack, or will opponents be ready for it?
Yeah, that's the analogy I posted on the topic about priorities, but it just seemed the uber-salac analogy was better in this particular case.

As for Micle, I have not tested it but I assume it would be activated right before you attack.

Yeah, that's the analogy I posted on the topic about priorities, but it just seemed the uber-salac analogy was better in this particular case.

As for Micle, I have not tested it but I assume it would be activated right before you attack.

Hm. . .This makes me want to use Custap Berry. Since I've never had one, I just assumed it activated like the other pinch berries.

I really hope they're officially available soon. I have a feeling that if you try to use them in PBR's Wi-Fi, your team will be disqualified. There hasn't been any news about them, has there?

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
*points to sig* If anyone can help me in my quest for a Heal Bell/Wish Licki, I'd love you forever.

Footnote: I agree, I hope they're legally available soon.

Awesome! I wasn't 100% sure that was the case but it made sense in my head.

Boa1891 said:
Yeah, that's the analogy I posted on the topic about priorities, but it just seemed the uber-salac analogy was better in this particular case
And custap + explosion is like an Uber destiny-bond as you don't have to be faster and they don't have to ko you.
I don't think steelix is the worst of your problems though as ghosts wall you even better.

Footnote said:
I really hope they're officially available soon. I have a feeling that if you try to use them in PBR's Wi-Fi, your team will be disqualified. There hasn't been any news about them, has there?
Oops! I wasn't aware of that! I obtained one on a gts celebi a few weeks ago and have been farming them ever since (if anyone wants one just pm me).

Knowing that they're not obtainable legally, I would never use one in a tournament or serious match (until they are, obviously).

boa1891 said:
Though perhaps to guarantee you get to use the Custap, replace Gyro Ball with Endure; Counter is also an option on the set. Counter physical attackers, use Hammer on special attackers, then explode when you get the chance.
Endure is a nice idea but makes your strategy much more obvious, I'd rather rely on my prediction and damage calculations to decide when to explode. Especially since hammer arm + gyro ball is such a sexy combo and thinking about it, fighting / steel giving surprisingly good coverage with water/psychic being the only resist I can think of off the top of my head.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
fighting / steel giving surprisingly good coverage with water/psychic being the only resist I can think of off the top of my head.
Water/Poison (Tentacruel, Qwilfish) and Fire/Flying (Charizard, Moltres) also get the better of it. Zapdos too. And Rotom. Shedinja can't be hurt. Gyarados resists and has Intimidate. Mantine resists as well. It aint the best attacking combination, but because those moves are so powerful and work perfectly in tandem, I'd definately agree that Hammer Arm/Gyro Ball is a good combo.

That Custap Berry information is very interesting and could open up a few options I think. It may not be that hard to predict though, as when a Lickilicky without Leftovers goes into a pinch, I'd definately be thinking that fuckers gonna try and do a Vegeta. Still, once Ghosts and Regirock/Aggron/Steelix/Bastiodon etc. are out the way, then it's damn near unstoppable.

I'm actually ridiculously close to breeding a Lickitung, the only thing holding me back is the challenge of getting Explosion. It's just too much.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
I'd definately be thinking that fuckers gonna try and do a Vegeta.
You win best analogy of the day.
I obtained one on a gts celebi a few weeks ago and have been farming them ever since (if anyone wants one just pm me).
Huh, that's funny- I got mine on GTS, too. If it can be chucked around on GTS, then it's obtainable by anyone who really needs it, so I don't see how it's unfair to use it in tourneys or whatever IMO.

You win best analogy of the day.

Huh, that's funny- I got mine on GTS, too. If it can be chucked around on GTS, then it's obtainable by anyone who really needs it, so I don't see how it's unfair to use it in tourneys or whatever IMO.
I don't think it's unfair. I just think it's probably banned on PBR Wi-Fi for the same reason that Shaymin and Arceus are banned: they're not legally available yet.

A. What is PCNY?

B. I know whoever posted the @Black Steel Orb- Gyro Ball, Fling, Explosion set wasnt serious but could that set not work, possibly with Surf in case you predict Steelix/Aggron/Bastiodon/Probopass/Skarmory/etc. I know its really novelty but with his huge movepool and large number of sets being use, isnt this one the last one you would expect?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Yeah, but you didn't have to quote it, then put another image in yourself. Geesh, I was a bit apprehensive about posting all those images in a thread, and then you go post even more. Geesh, man.

A. What is PCNY?

B. I know whoever posted the @Black Steel Orb- Gyro Ball, Fling, Explosion set wasnt serious but could that set not work, possibly with Surf in case you predict Steelix/Aggron/Bastiodon/Probopass/Skarmory/etc. I know its really novelty but with his huge movepool and large number of sets being use, isnt this one the last one you would expect?
Pokémon Center New York. They periodically give away Pokémon that have moves that they couldn't normally have. Rare stuff.

Water/Poison (Tentacruel, Qwilfish) and Fire/Flying (Charizard, Moltres) also get the better of it. Zapdos too. And Rotom. Shedinja can't be hurt. Gyarados resists and has Intimidate. Mantine resists as well. It aint the best attacking combination, but because those moves are so powerful and work perfectly in tandem, I'd definately agree that Hammer Arm/Gyro Ball is a good combo.
Oh yeah! XD my brain's not working very well tonight, obviously. Although explosion says gg to all of those things barring rotom and sheddy. Don't think I'll be staying awake at night worrying about those two though!!

Lee said:
Many pictures
Lol, you win the thread.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
I'm actually loving the quality of this spam, guys. It's not just spam, it's powered-up uberspam.

A. What is PCNY?

NYPC (not PCNY) is the New York Poké Center, which occasionally gives out "unique" moveset Pokémon- the last one it gave out included a bunch of Pokémon with Wish and one other move they don't regularly learn. To find a legitimate one borders on impossible, because very few were given out in comparison to the players who would want them, and because a lot of non-competitive players likely overwrote one or more of the moves. I found one floating around the GTS the other day, but being an absolute fucktard I put it back on the GTS after finding its low IVs, expecting it wouldn't be hard to find another one.
Tons of non NYPC trades later... I want to slit my throat for being such an idiot.

Black Steel Orb isn't the actual name, that's the Japanese translation- It's actually named the Iron Orb (ball? I forget) Either way, the "@Black Steel Orb- Gyro Ball, Fling, Explosion" set is actually contained within my "no-speed" set that I posted in the first post, and is a legitimate tactic, while somewhat gimmicky.

I'm actually loving the quality of this spam, guys. It's not just spam, it's powered-up uberspam.

NYPC (not PCNY) is the New York Poké Center, which occasionally gives out "unique" moveset Pokémon- the last one it gave out included a bunch of Pokémon with Wish and one other move they don't regularly learn. To find a legitimate one borders on impossible, because very few were given out in comparison to the players who would want them, and because a lot of non-competitive players likely overwrote one or more of the moves. I found one floating around the GTS the other day, but being an absolute fucktard I put it back on the GTS after finding its low IVs, expecting it wouldn't be hard to find another one.
Tons of non NYPC trades later... I want to slit my throat for being such an idiot.

Black Steel Orb isn't the actual name, that's the Japanese translation- It's actually named the Iron Orb (ball? I forget) Either way, the "@Black Steel Orb- Gyro Ball, Fling, Explosion" set is actually contained within my "no-speed" set that I posted in the first post, and is a legitimate tactic, while somewhat gimmicky.
idk i really like it, it sounds like it would be fun to use, even if it isnt considered practical.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
New moveset I came up with, boys! I want opinions on how useful it is and what you think it'd work like in standard play.

Item: Life Orb
EVs: 48Atk/252 SpAtk/208 HP
Nature: +Spatk-Speed (speed isn't needed, while def/sdef is helpful and losing atk would hinder Asplosion)
Moves:
-Wring Out
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Explosion

Nothing resists Normal/Fight/Ghost that I can think of. Fighting and Ghost take care of the only three types that resist/immune normal.
Use Wring Out at first (181BP on a full health opponent), then use the filler that's best for the occasion, Shadow Ball or Focus Blast.

Won't be putting it in the first post until I get some criticism or something first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)