Star Wars Battlefront

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Both Nien and Greedo are going to get nerfed... They are both ridiculous compared to Han/Boba.

Outside of the massive amount of bugs the DLC has, I've been having a lot of fun. Hutt Contracts are "broken", I can't get the Relby even though I've completed all the objectives for it, and the same goes for some of the others as well. DiOxsys Grenades are amazing at gumming up choke points and forcing people to take alternative routes. They are ridiculously useful on Extraction in some of the tunnels because it completely blocks enemies trying to push each way.

Not sure if its £10 worth of content yet, but I've been really enjoying it so far. I hate the new menu system though, its really ugly and far less intuitive than the previous one.

Both Nien and Greedo are going to get nerfed... They are both ridiculous compared to Han/Boba.

Outside of the massive amount of bugs the DLC has, I've been having a lot of fun. Hutt Contracts are "broken", I can't get the Relby even though I've completed all the objectives for it, and the same goes for some of the others as well. DiOxsys Grenades are amazing at gumming up choke points and forcing people to take alternative routes. They are ridiculously useful on Extraction in some of the tunnels because it completely blocks enemies trying to push each way.

Not sure if its £10 worth of content yet, but I've been really enjoying it so far. I hate the new menu system though, its really ugly and far less intuitive than the previous one.
Yes but at least it's easier to find a game now. I do like how they added Greedo and Nien Numb as an option to all hero vs villan maps. I like the new maps they added especially the one with the tents and the new ice one is, in my opinion, better than the previous one.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
You mean 2 light saber characters? Emperor Palpatine doesn't even use a light saber.

Also yes heroes vs villains is fun as hell.

Outside of the massive amount of bugs the DLC has, I've been having a lot of fun. Hutt Contracts are "broken", I can't get the Relby even though I've completed all the objectives for it, and the same goes for some of the others as well.

I had the same bug, but I solved it by completely shutting down the game and restarting it, which gave me access to the guns.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Is HvV good in this game? 3 lightsaber characters total seems like a crime
The game is based on the OT only, where only 3 people used lightsabers anyway... Chances are we might get "Old Ben" as a DLC character at some point (Probably the Death Star DLC). HvV is good, but you tend to get into lobbies with people who have played that mode a whole bunch and it's hard to get into.

You mean 2 light saber characters? Emperor Palpatine doesn't even use a light saber.

Also yes heroes vs villains is fun as hell.

I had the same bug, but I solved it by completely shutting down the game and restarting it, which gave me access to the guns.
Unfortunately I have tried this a bunch of times to no effect. I'm hoping tomorrow's broader release of the DLC might fix some other stuff too.

Is it just me or are people still terrible at Fighter Squadron? I nearly always kill 7+ players and a heap of AI fighters (nearly always top of team), and some people score like, 2 kills the whole game? I regularly outscore the player in Falcon/Slave 1.

The game is based on the OT only, where only 3 people used lightsabers anyway... Chances are we might get "Old Ben" as a DLC character at some point (Probably the Death Star DLC). HvV is good, but you tend to get into lobbies with people who have played that mode a whole bunch and it's hard to get into.

Unfortunately I have tried this a bunch of times to no effect. I'm hoping tomorrow's broader release of the DLC might fix some other stuff too.

Is it just me or are people still terrible at Fighter Squadron? I nearly always kill 7+ players and a heap of AI fighters (nearly always top of team), and some people score like, 2 kills the whole game? I regularly outscore the player in Falcon/Slave 1.
Although I like the mode, I'm not very good at it. It requires a lot of skill to kill someone probably early when they are manoeuvring their ships and I almost instantly get a proton missile locked onto me, killing me every them. I do use the Evasive manoeuvres but they still manage to kill me. I usually get 2 kills in Fighter Squadron, the least amount of kills I get than any other mode. (When I play H vs V I get around to 10 kills)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...ing-soon-to-star-wars-battlefront-this-spring

So we have Lando and Dengar making appearances in the next DLC. Also confirmation that it will be 14 heroes total (6 base + 8 more) and not 10 (6 base + 4 more). This means that Chewie/Old Ben/IG88/Bossk can still have slots :) Looks like they are adding new maps for Fighter Squadron and Walker Assault as well.

Also some more Free content on its way, though it's not described what that may be.
SUMMARY (full post below):

• Double XP, community events and special login events coming soon.
  • Activities planned for May the 4th.
  • "more options to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront offline"
  • Berserker Trait, Bacta Bomb and Ion Neutralizer coming soon
  • Bespin releases in June. Lando Calrissian & Dengar as Heroes. Fighter Squadron & Walker Assault confirmed. New blasters, star cards and game mode.
  • 8 Heroes total for Season Pass holders (not 4 as previously thought)
All these things are pretty positive. I played a lot over the weekend as it was 2x XP and have reached Lv 53 now. Saving up credits now to buy everything that I want to use/upgrade everything as well. Nearly completed all of the Hutt Contracts (I have one left to go, getting kills with the Dioxis grenade is easier said than done).

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...ing-soon-to-star-wars-battlefront-this-spring

So we have Lando and Dengar making appearances in the next DLC. Also confirmation that it will be 14 heroes total (6 base + 8 more) and not 10 (6 base + 4 more). This means that Chewie/Old Ben/IG88/Bossk can still have slots :) Looks like they are adding new maps for Fighter Squadron and Walker Assault as well.

Also some more Free content on its way, though it's not described what that may be.

All these things are pretty positive. I played a lot over the weekend as it was 2x XP and have reached Lv 53 now. Saving up credits now to buy everything that I want to use/upgrade everything as well. Nearly completed all of the Hutt Contracts (I have one left to go, getting kills with the Dioxis grenade is easier said than done).
I hope they add Imperial Guards instead of the Shock Troopers in the Death Star update. I also had to look up a number of the guys you mentioned because I couldn't remember them. I can remember Lando briefly but not Dengar. It would work best now if they just added Clone Wars and then more heroes could be made but I don't think this is right.

Last edited:

Acklow

So looking forward to playing Dengar. I'm gonna theorymon and say he's probably going to be some sort of heavy weapons build which would be great, but I hope it doesn't include rocket launcher because rebels still don't have a comparable ground based mechanized unit.

I would imagine the free content is going to include some more Extraction maps (like Hoth or even Endor). I would also imagine that they may toss another Hutt contract or two as well but that is less likely than more extraction maps.

Acklow

I know it's probably not as relevant a game as it used to be what with Overwatch Hype and other games being out and all, but I just played some Bespin DLC and it's beautiful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)