Sticky the "General Metagame Discussion" Thread and add a Stage Thread to DST

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of now, every metagame with a forum (UU, RU, NU, LC) has a thread that discusses the metagame at large and a place to voice their concerns stickied except OU. Even metagames without a suspect process, such as UU have these threads.

This beneficial in two ways. By stickying the General Metagame Disscusion Thread posts bumping threads about Specific pokemon (i.e Gliscor, Dragonite, etc.) would become a lot more limited. By preventing these bumping posts, threads such as Birkal's Dark Horse Project Thread or Alphatron's "Are you Ready to Stealth Rock" thread would have an easier time to stay on the front page and remain active. Basically, the consequence of this would be projects and discussion about the metagame (besides specific Pokemon) would be much more active.

My second suggestion might be a bit more controversial but I am going to reccomend a "stage thread" (again OU lacks this compared to UU, RU, NU, LC). As of now, there isn't any place for players to talk about if they feel if a certain Pokemon is to powerful or not. It's my understanding that it is discouraged in both the General Metagame Discussion thread and individual Pokemon threads. Therefore it is rather difficult for the community as a whole to convey whether or not they want something to be banned. In this post it talks about how the Deoxys-S thread was created in order to remain connected to the community. If that was the case then, I am sure it still remains relevant now. A new stage thread would keep "well reasoned arguments by the community are without a doubt the most important factor". The metagame sure has settled down, but a "stage thread" would provide a direct medium from the community to those in charge how they feel and if some certain threats (with reasoning) are too much.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was going to wait for Matthew to post but basically he doesn't like NP threads (and since there is no voting you can qualify for in OU, it isn't necessary really). Just use the General Metagame thread or the specific thread of the Pokemon you think is suspect (hint there really aren't any).

Also the General Metagame thread is active enough as it is to stay on the front page consistently, so there's no need to clog up the stickies. Sticking one thread won't make all the other big threads more active, you need to make those active yourself with relevant bumps if you believe they're still viable topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)