Strikeout Tournament - Black/White edition (Semifinals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Tournament rules
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4

Strikeout Tournament - Black/White Edition

The Black/White metagame is still relatively young, and has already seen several Pokémon receiving the ban hammer. How will your teambuilding skills fare in an environment where the banlist grows larger each round?

As many of you probably know, a Strikeout Tournament revolves around a progressively larger banlist which force people to adapt their teams to the everchanging banlist. Each round, a player may issue a strikeout - that is, they can PM me the name of a Pokémon of their choice which the opponent won't be able to use for the round. Once I get both strikeouts, I send them to the respective players and ask them to reply with their teams (I only need to know the name of the Pokémon used because I need to know the usage statistics of the tournament battles, I'll explain below).​

Moreover, every round two Pokémon will be globally banned. These two Pokémon are:
- The most used Pokémon of the last round
- The Pokémon who had been "struck out" most​

None of the participants will be able to use these Pokémon for the remaining rounds. The list is cumulative, so every round two additional Pokémon will be banned.​

So, to sum up the rules:​

Tournament Rules:

• Tier: Black/White OU​
  • Singles​
  • Single Elimination​
  • Players can't use the Pokémon which is selected as the strikeout by their respective opponents​
  • Players can't use any Pokémon from the global banlist​
Standard Rules:
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Wi-fi Clause
Banned Pokémon for Round 3 stats

With 4 Strikeouts received, Thundurus will be banned for this and the future rounds.
Having showed both on 6 teams with none of them getting more strikeout than each other, Rotom-W and Jirachi will be banned for this and the future rounds.

Global Banlist

Jirachi
Latios
Ninetales
Politoed
Reuniclus
Rotom-W
Scizor
Thundurus
Tyranitar

Any battler who doesn't send me their teams by the deadline is automatically disqualified, whether they won or lost. You're warned.

Semifinals match ups (people who sent strikeout in blue, winners are bolded)

Heist vs Yondie
toshimelonhead vs Iconic
tophway vs franky

Deadline for sending in strikeouts is July 30th, 11:59 AM. If you do not send in your strikeout by that time and your opponent did, you are disqualified - even if this means disqualifying both the battlers.

Deadline for battling is August 6th, 11:59 AM. Again, even if you win the battle, if you don't PM me your team by then, you are disqualified.

Due to the fact he's not submitted in time his Strikeout, franky is disqualified, which means tophway advances to the next round. You others please complete your matches as fast as possible, the sooner you finish the sooner I can post finals.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ya im back now will submit team and play calum etc

edit: defeated by heist

magnezone failed me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)