Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
Maybe this isn't that needed but letting user put a link to their Smogon page would be nice. Like one you click on their name and underneath the name is the Smogon links? It needs verification and such tho.

Maybe this isn't that needed but letting user put a link to their Smogon page would be nice. Like one you click on their name and underneath the name is the Smogon links? It needs verification and such tho.
After PS and Smogon accounts are technically linked, this would be a cool addition, but until then, there's really no way to verify if it's your profile there as many people run under different names on Smogon and PS.

After PS and Smogon accounts are technically linked, this would be a cool addition, but until then, there's really no way to verify if it's your profile there as many people run under different names on Smogon and PS.
Maybe when you are logged in your Smog account, you can get a code or something that you can put in PS! to activate the link? Maybe too complicate but eh. I was thinking that this would be better when Smog and PS! are linked as well.

Maybe when you are logged in your Smog account, you can get a code or something that you can put in PS! to activate the link? Maybe too complicate but eh. I was thinking that this would be better when Smog and PS! are linked as well.
I'm pretty sure that's how the linking system is planned to work. Joim started work on it before he left, so I'm unsure who's continuing it. chaos is only free for forum projects in a few months time, at the end of this year.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
plz,,,,,folders for teams

my body is ready
This would be sex, but the only programmers particularly versed in client code (last I heard) are Quinella and Zarel himself, so unless Quinella has the time or V4 picks it up or something I don't think it'll be done soon :(

Edit: this was not intended to be a jab at Zarel, he's just busy, but it sounds offensive looking back :(

Last edited:

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LC Random Battles. Nuf said
90% of NFE have the same exact sets as their evolutions anyway. Even then, a random battle setting with the same rules as LC is fundamentally flawed due to the level appropriation required (only a few LC pokemon are used competitively anyway)

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Umm
1: Keep it up
2: should pikachu in register an account be in gen 6 graphics rofl
3: Timer until next scavenger hunt :)

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This may have been brought up previously, but I figured I'll suggest it anyway.

It would be helpful for teambuilding to expand the search functions for the /ds or /dexsearch command. Adding something like an OR gate would be helpful, as well as something to flesh out pokes based on their base stats. Say you wanted a slow pivot for a VoltTurn, you could type:

/ds volt switch OR u-turn, spe<=80

I feel like these would be relatively easy commands to code, but the techs here do have a lot on their hands at the moment.

Umm
1: Keep it up
2: should pikachu in register an account be in gen 6 graphics rofl
3: Timer until next scavenger hunt :)
2: This would be pretty easy to implement but it would take up unnecessary space (personally I like the BW pikachu sprite better the the XY)
3: I'm assuming you're referring to officials. There isn't a set number of officials a day nor is there a set time so this won't be happening.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The ability to drag and drop tabs? I don't know if that would take up too much code, I'm not much of a tech guy.

Maybe a better "Watch Battle" widget? Add in search for users(I know you could just find the user and click on their name to see whether they're in battle, but that's really very tedious), maybe even search for ladder ranking so you could get good games to spectate :)

Hello, somewhat regular showdown user here.

The "Watch a Battle" is a really great feature on Showdown. It's great to just be able to sit back and surf through battles.

However, it does have a bit of a flaw: 95% of the games you end up spectating are 1000 - 1100 elo trash tier games. Bad teams, bad players, and quite often the games result in a forfeit. And so for people like me who want to watch decent battles, it's quite difficult to consistently and easily spectate decent matches.

So with that in mind, I have a proposal. Why not implement a way for spectators to only watch higher-ranked battles?

Say, a tickable box in the options menu that allows users to to filter battles that lack a player of a certain elo or higher. If the threshold is set to 1600, then a battle with player elos of 1599 and 1534 won't appear when you click "Watch a Battle". The threshold could be any number, or it could be defined by the user. A battle with users

This would make casual spectators much happier, and also would allow newbies to jump on anytime and see some higher leveled matches. (I shudder to think what they would learn by spectating 1000 - 1100 battles).

So anyway, that's my suggestion. It's not a perfect concept, but feel free to leave opinions or suggestions on how to better the idea below. Thanks for reading :D

I know this would be a pain to implement but how about something similar to a true skill system (like halo does) for the ladder. Instead of the 1-50 ranks halo does it could be represented by gym leader badges or something. I mean obviously keep elo or something similar as well for a leaderboard. Its just a little extra incentive to ladder also medals could be implemented for like a sweep or 6-0 and stuff similar. Another idea is folders for team building so I can sort teams out easier lol, also group pms would be nice too imo. Just a few ideas I had hope yous read this and have a think about it :)

This may have been brought up previously, but I figured I'll suggest it anyway.

It would be helpful for teambuilding to expand the search functions for the /ds or /dexsearch command. Adding something like an OR gate would be helpful, as well as something to flesh out pokes based on their base stats. Say you wanted a slow pivot for a VoltTurn, you could type:

/ds volt switch OR u-turn, spe<=80

I feel like these would be relatively easy commands to code, but the techs here do have a lot on their hands at the moment.
I tried making a general OR command when I made the pullreq for searching all the recovery moves at once, figuring it was roughly the same concept, but because of the way that dexsearch is optimized the only way I could think to do it was pretty inefficient and caused mild lag. Maybe somebody smarter than me can figure out a better way to do it at some point though. :<
(and the reason spe<=80 doesn't work is because I'm a lazy butt and never finished implementing that.)

Hello, somewhat regular showdown user here.

The "Watch a Battle" is a really great feature on Showdown. It's great to just be able to sit back and surf through battles.

However, it does have a bit of a flaw: 95% of the games you end up spectating are 1000 - 1100 elo trash tier games. Bad teams, bad players, and quite often the games result in a forfeit. And so for people like me who want to watch decent battles, it's quite difficult to consistently and easily spectate decent matches.

So with that in mind, I have a proposal. Why not implement a way for spectators to only watch higher-ranked battles?

Say, a tickable box in the options menu that allows users to to filter battles that lack a player of a certain elo or higher. If the threshold is set to 1600, then a battle with player elos of 1599 and 1534 won't appear when you click "Watch a Battle". The threshold could be any number, or it could be defined by the user. A battle with users

This would make casual spectators much happier, and also would allow newbies to jump on anytime and see some higher leveled matches. (I shudder to think what they would learn by spectating 1000 - 1100 battles).

So anyway, that's my suggestion. It's not a perfect concept, but feel free to leave opinions or suggestions on how to better the idea below. Thanks for reading :D
This was addressed before and basically it was agreed that while it might be beneficial to some newer users, many of the higher ranked users would be unhappy about this both from the harassment it might could cause them and the sudden inability they would have to try and silently storm the ladder (not everyone wants to reveal their team!).

If you really want to find some higher ranked players battle, just locate one via the ladder table and follow them around as they'll typically battle higher ranked opponents so you can find them that way.

My other personal concern with this is if the cut-off rank is a number, then we're trying to tangibly define the difference between a "good" and "bad" battler. I feel like that'd make getting into competitive battling extremely discouraging if there an arbitrary benchmark you had to reach in order to be "good".

I think it would be cool to be able to move entire teams up and down just like you can move Pokemon up and down in a team. This can be beneficial if you have specific types of teams and want to keep them in a specific order. I do realize you can move teams manually, but if you have a lot of teams this can be difficult. I believe this is a simple suggestion, yet a good improvement. The up/down button can be next to the delete button, or move the edit and delete button to the right more and make the up/down button where the edit button previously was.
[Edit] Now that I think of it, this is basically describing why folders would be great. But as stated before by Arcticblast , it isn't possible right now so I think this would be a great tool until folders are possible.

Last edited:
Some simple-sounding ideas:

1.)
You could possibly move the username over to the left a bit and add in a button in between "(username)" and the sound button. This button would say "AFK" and it would allow you to choose if you're afk or not.

2.) To the right of all of the rooms, maybe an inbox system could be added. It'd have like a bell and it'll have the number of inbox messages you have. When you click that, your inbox messages turn on. In the options, you could have a check-box saying "Inbox On". Un-check it and they'll be off. Only 3 messages every 5-10 minutes, so spamming in inbox messages isn't too easy. This feature would help if you wanted to get a message to a user while they're offline.

3.) Let's say you wanted the old gen sprites (R/B, G/S/C, R/S/E, /D/P/PT, B/W). Next to "Format (format" in the teambuilder, something like "Sprite Selection" could be available for users.

^^

Some simple-sounding ideas:

1.)
You could possibly move the username over to the left a bit and add in a button in between "(username)" and the sound button. This button would say "AFK" and it would allow you to choose if you're afk or not.

2.) To the right of all of the rooms, maybe an inbox system could be added. It'd have like a bell and it'll have the number of inbox messages you have. When you click that, your inbox messages turn on. In the options, you could have a check-box saying "Inbox On". Un-check it and they'll be off. Only 3 messages every 5-10 minutes, so spamming in inbox messages isn't too easy. This feature would help if you wanted to get a message to a user while they're offline.

3.) Let's say you wanted the old gen sprites (R/B, G/S/C, R/S/E, /D/P/PT, B/W). Next to "Format (format" in the teambuilder, something like "Sprite Selection" could be available for users.

^^
1.) Not necessary. You can just change your name to [name] - ⒶⒻⓀ (courtesy of Pool Ball Text Generator) but sounds good anyways.

2.) If you're talking about a feature about messaging someone while they're offline and then have a PM box appear that gives you all the messages, that is being coded and is in the process.

3.) Seems like a good idea, but your suggestion about where it should be placed is a bit iffy. We already have a box in the Options menu so perhaps allow sub-options for that? Can't say about this.

I think we can complete the /roomauth command by letting users choose the roomauth they want to see. Imagine that xXx/DarkraiArceus99\xXx was unfairly ban from the [room_1] room. The message says him to contact a Room Owner if his ban was unfair, but he's not supposed to know who are the Room Owners. And if he goes to [room_2], typing /roomauth or /roomauth [room_1] will only show him the authed members of [room_2]. Then it's why I propose to make /roomauth [the name of a room] available in every room, and like that you'll can for example look at the spanish auth in the Rarely Used room. This will be more useful for those who're banned and want to be forgiven or to discuss the ban.

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1.) Not necessary. You can just change your name to [name] - ⒶⒻⓀ (courtesy of Pool Ball Text Generator) but sounds good anyways.
Yeah it isn't necessary, but it makes it a lot less tedious. A lot of people use those pool ball letters or simply use a different alt with "afk" in it. But with a simple click of a button, they don't need to do any of that. It could even gray out their name if possible, or just add "afk" to the end without actually changing the alt.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think we can complete the /roomauth command by letting users choose the roomauth they want to see. Imagine that xXx/DarkraiArceus99\xXx was unfairly ban from the [room_1] room. The message says him to contact a Room Owner if his ban was unfair, but he's not supposed to know who are the Room Owners. And if he goes to [room_2], typing /roomauth or /roomauth [room_1] will only show him the authed members of [room_2]. Then it's why I propose to make /roomauth [the name of a room] available in every room, and like that you'll can for example look at the spanish auth in the Rarely Used room. This will be more useful for those who're banned and want to be forgiven or to discuss the ban.
Use this and if you don't break rules on the server, you won't get banned. Also, the server gets reset very frequently, which undoes all non-perma bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)