Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought, like already said, make stat totals show up in battle. Random is already really fun but would be a bit better imo if this was added. Also I don't pike the current inactivity kicking. I think a better option would be just a set time limit with am option to turn it off if you challenge someone

I would suggest a different name/term for Balanced Hackmons. It seems that people like referring to both Hackmons and Balanced Hackmons as hackmons. Has caused a few problems explaining what is allowed and not allowed.

It seems the +'s and -'s are messing up the space in the stats/EV's thing.
That said, why not just keep all the stats yellow and change their colors depending on the poke's nature
Like:
red if stat is -'d
and
green if +'d

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Would it be possible for a user to be banned after a certain number of times they are forced to change their name?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
if you keep fring people you're not entirely sure it's always the same person, there's no way to track who you're fring and who they become is there?

E: my suggestion: a highlight system so when your username is said in chat it highlights you like in irc or po

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
if you keep fring people you're not entirely sure it's always the same person, there's no way to track who you're fring and who they become is there?

E: my suggestion: a highlight system so when your username is said in chat it highlights you like in irc or po
/alts username

will list the current name and all past names (as well as the current and past names of any alts) of the last person who used that username.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm only a driver, I can't ban or altcheck :( Sometimes, only one or two authority users are online, and when said users are drivers, they can't really control people with bad usernames.

Okay, correction: Only one or two ACTIVE authority users. Should have been clearer about that.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
You're not supposed to; there should be at least one mod+ online at any time. Otherwise in emergencies someone should set modchat + on their way out.

Two small, aesthetic things that don't really make much of a difference:

• The ability to rearrange teams on the Team List
  • Separate mute options for Pokemon cries and music

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Proposing that the ladder update at the end of a battle doesn't show bonus pool points so noobs stop whining about it in chat

Proposing that the ladder update at the end of a battle doesn't show bonus pool points so noobs stop whining about it in chat
Seconded. Or, maybe create a link specifically explaining what the bonus pool points are there for, and link it in the overhead news bar?

I was just thinking it would be nice for users to have the option to turn off the chat if they want. Maybe someone doesn't want to see it (it could be annoying at times), or maybe it's making them lag more (especially if their computer/internet's not that great to start with). So if there's any way this feature could be integrated into an update, that would be great.

If a way to limit the difference in the rating of your opponent when searching for a battle (like with PO) could be implemented i'm sure alot of people would be grateful.

This right here confused me...is this a glitch, or was our difference SO much, that it didn't alot me any points?

Slim Slendy's rating: 1640 → 1640
(+0 for winning)

If so, I'd like to agree with Namikaze.

Opponent had 102 points at the start of the battle, but how much he gained I don't care about.

If a way to limit the difference in the rating of your opponent when searching for a battle (like with PO) could be implemented i'm sure alot of people would be grateful.
There probably is. But would people be patient enough to wait for someone with a rating in an exact range in a specific format?

A more simplistic version of PS for mobile would be nice. Maybe even just adding an option to turn off animations would be helpful to reduce lag, as I'm sure creating a whole new mobile version is a lot of work.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
There usually is, but as you may have heard, our rating server is having some trouble, so it's temporarily off.

I'm sure it's already been suggested but a header that can be updated above the chat would be really useful. You don't know how many times today people have asked about the ladder being down in the chat. A header at the top could mitigate the problem a bit by making everyone aware of any bugs or problems with the server.

One thing I'd love to see from Pokemon Showdown that a lot of other simulators have never messed with is the implementation of Pokeballs. Yes, this seems really minor, but the Pokeball a Pokemon's sent out in can reveal a lot of critical information.

Probably the best example I can give for how crucial seeing what Pokeball a Pokemon's released in is the Crown Beasts. On Wifi, if I see a Shiny Raikou coming out of a cherish ball, I know a lot about it and how to work around it. I know for certain it's Rash and more than likely carrying Aura Sphere. I know that I probably can't switch in much safetly, but I'll have an easier time revenge killing it, at the very least. Likewise, if I see a Raikou in any other ball, I instantly know the threat of Aura Sphere is gone and that it's probably some typical CM variant. However, with every simulator I'm aware of, I can't get that information and I'm stuck in a guessing game I wouldn't have playing on a cartridge.

For other examples, there are things like Crown Entei, Oblivia Heatran, V-Create Rayquaza and Victini, and a host of other events that came with event attacks that conflict with certain other characteristics. This is definitely really, really low priority, but I think this would be a step in the right direction if Showdown wants to call itself the most accurate sim around!

Maybe someone suggested this already, but when you use SolarBeam, it should say that <pokemon> is absorbing light first, because now, it says that says that <pokemon> used Solarbeam and shows a green beam in both the first and second turn.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Maybe someone suggested this already, but when you use SolarBeam, it should say that <pokemon> is absorbing light first, because now, it says that says that <pokemon> used Solarbeam and shows a green beam in both the first and second turn.
This is currently a graphics glitch for all Charge/2-Turn Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)