Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think for OU it should be nonlegendairs because that is what Ubers is for. OU is so people can make a normal team that people most likely would make ingame. It is no fun when people have a team full of legendairs and u have none and they just destroy u with their op power. Please take them out of OU or at least make it more fair.
pplzdude raises valid points, but another thing is that not all legendaries are good. In fact a few of legendaries were even NU in gen 5 and still getting poor usage. I highly doubt this is going to happen.

I think for OU it should be nonlegendairs because that is what Ubers is for. OU is so people can make a normal team that people most likely would make ingame. It is no fun when people have a team full of legendairs and u have none and they just destroy u with their op power. Please take them out of OU or at least make it more fair.
Also, this is a thread for PS! suggestions. I don't think this thread is really the place for a radical overhaul of the Smogon tiering system.

Why is there no option in the damage calculator for Flower Gift? I know it belongs to a Pokemon that is probably NU, and the ability only raises Atk and Sp.Def of allies in the sun, but it is still something to consider.

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega-Charizard X Helping Hand [Flower Gift] Flare Blitz vs. ...

Come to think of it, I can just substitute that for +1 Atk or Sp.Def.
Though what about theoretical +6 Atk Helping Hand Flower Gift in Sun?

EDIT:
Think I found something that would survive this, as long as Mega-Char X didn't get off a Dragon Dance first:

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Helping Hand [Flower Gift] Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Blastoise in Sun: 300-353 (82.8 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Do not worry, random person with not-so-good spelling, for NixHex has solved all of your problems!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why is there no option in the damage calculator for Flower Gift? I know it belongs to a Pokemon that is probably NU, and the ability only raises Atk and Sp.Def of allies in the sun, but it is still something to consider.

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega-Charizard X Helping Hand [Flower Gift] Flare Blitz vs. ...

Come to think of it, I can just substitute that for +1 Atk or Sp.Def.
Though what about theoretical +6 Atk Helping Hand Flower Gift in Sun?

EDIT:
Think I found something that would survive this, as long as Mega-Char X didn't get off a Dragon Dance first:

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Helping Hand [Flower Gift] Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Blastoise in Sun: 300-353 (82.8 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
The best person to contact about that would be Honko - he made the damage calculator.

I have an idea for a new game mode on pokemon showdown.

It'd be a pokemon draft mode where a selection of pokemon are given out to the 2 battlers and they each take turns picking and choosing and even banning pokemon to construct their teams. There could also be different groups of pokemon to choose from per tier or some other criteria. Maybe even a pool of random pokemon. It'd kinda be like the random battle mode but you would have some say-so on who you end up with. It gets a little old when you get a furret while the other guy has a rayquaza (just saying). It'd be a good place to show off one's knowledge of team building and whatnot. This idea mostly comes from Dota 2 so that could be a good reference point of setting it up. It also wouldn't change any of the battle mechanics, just a new way of getting a team.

I'd like to renew my request for an "ignore other battler" feature/command. There really are irritating folks on the simulator (to say the least) and while I guess they should be allowed to say whatever they want, I don't think I should be forced to read it.

To ensure previous messages aren't recapped, /modchat + and /modchat players aren't what I'm asking for because they both allow both battlers to chat. I want to be able to ignore the other battler so his chat messages don't pop up. And /ignore [user] also apparently doesn't work with regard to the chat within a battle with that user.

Finally, before you say "if you don't like it don't read it," reading is involuntary in human adults who look at text in a familiar language. And that's putting aside the fact that I don't know if someone's an ass until I read their textual sewage the first time. If text pops up in the chat, I instinctively read it, and I need to be able to view the chat to see previous turns so I can't just shrink the screen past the chat. In addition, more persistent jerks end up filling up the chat with their crap, 3, 5, 7, 10 lines of chat per turn or more. Not everyone cares about this kind of thing, but a lot of people do, so I think there should be the option.

Are there any plans to implement something like this or should I stop suggesting it?

I have an idea for a new game mode on pokemon showdown.

It'd be a pokemon draft mode where a selection of pokemon are given out to the 2 battlers and they each take turns picking and choosing and even banning pokemon to construct their teams. There could also be different groups of pokemon to choose from per tier or some other criteria. Maybe even a pool of random pokemon. It'd kinda be like the random battle mode but you would have some say-so on who you end up with. It gets a little old when you get a furret while the other guy has a rayquaza (just saying). It'd be a good place to show off one's knowledge of team building and whatnot. This idea mostly comes from Dota 2 so that could be a good reference point of setting it up. It also wouldn't change any of the battle mechanics, just a new way of getting a team.
Hi, you might want to post this in the OM Submissions. Where the OM ideas are approved and rejected.

I would appreciate making Pokemon Showdown more similar to the games in terms of "ties".

As you may or may not know, the actual game doesn't support the concept of a tie in a game. The only way to have a tie in X/Y is for both players to "run" from the battle simultaneously. Abilities, recoil, damage and secondary effects all have an order of activation depending on the move, they don't just all go at once and result in a tie, that isn't following the game mechanics, Zarel!

If any of the coders will consider fixing this, and would like a hand with the damage priority, I can give you a hand through Skype, here or Pokemon Showdown whenever I am on. Should you choose to ignore this (necessary) change in the PS mechanics, I understand, but I would like a reason as to why this exists.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hello, when you are in a battle just click the gear on the top of the screen and click the "ignore spectators box".
Someone doesn't know what "spectators" means...
I would appreciate making Pokemon Showdown more similar to the games in terms of "ties".

As you may or may not know, the actual game doesn't support the concept of a tie in a game. The only way to have a tie in X/Y is for both players to "run" from the battle simultaneously. Abilities, recoil, damage and secondary effects all have an order of activation depending on the move, they don't just all go at once and result in a tie, that isn't following the game mechanics, Zarel!

If any of the coders will consider fixing this, and would like a hand with the damage priority, I can give you a hand through Skype, here or Pokemon Showdown whenever I am on. Should you choose to ignore this (necessary) change in the PS mechanics, I understand, but I would like a reason as to why this exists.
I believe this is being addressed - there is a bug that prevents ties from being removed right now.

Mikela

Banned deucer.
Hi! n_n

I'd like to suggest a new feature for on showdown. Actually 2.
1. I REALLY wish there was feature where you could set 'spawn points'. Like, if you join Showdown, you automatically start in the rooms you selected. That would be helpfull for a lot of people. So I guess it'd make a good new feature.

2. I was hoping you could change the possition of the room tabs. If you're in a battle, and you're in atleast 3 rooms, you can't see if you get highlighted in the tab on end. In battle: http://i.imgur.com/675qXQA.png | Reality: http://i.imgur.com/2dhgo1r.png . This is a problem for more people. Maybe the room tabs could go on the right side, next to the Scroll bar. Would make it alot easier for us to see if we are needed somewhere.

Hope you atleast read and consider these.

- Mikela x (:

Something else less pressing that would be neat is: something that would let me see which pokemon my account has used most often in OU.

Highlights, notifications and tab complete for battles? It's just kind of useful when there're a lot of people in the battle.

Edit: Sorry if this is similar to the post by Mikela x.x

Would it be possible to organize the drop-down list of battles to include a Battle Factory category? In this you would have Challenge Cup, Challenge Cup 1-v-1 and Randoms. Any type of battle where you use a random team instead of your own.

Mikela

Banned deucer.
Hi :3 It's me again
I just thought of another idea for a new feature.
I just joine Brobat's battle and realized how cool it would be if we, as a spectator, had an option to switch sides of the battle.
This would come in handy for screenshots and such...
Maybe a good idea.
Think about it please

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just joine Brobat's battle and realized how cool it would be if we, as a spectator, had an option to switch sides of the battle.
Maybe a good idea.
Think about it please
Iirc this is already being worked on/on the list to be developed!

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why would you want to do that?
A lot of people play in tournament matches in which replays might be saved so that a win can be confirmed in the sake of a dispute, but the ability to delete a replay would allow people to use their team in a later tournament if they so wished without an opponent simply being able to check the replays of a person to find what team they could use.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
A lot of people play in tournament matches in which replays might be saved so that a win can be confirmed in the sake of a dispute, but the ability to delete a replay would allow people to use their team in a later tournament if they so wished without an opponent simply being able to check the replays of a person to find what team they could use.
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Maybe a good idea.
Think about it please
This was talked about ages ago and iirc was decided to be far too much work when there were other things to be worked on (fixing lag for example)

How about the ability to delete your replays?
You have to bear in mind that the other person may have uploaded the replay and doesn't want it removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)