Summer Olympic Games - London 2012

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
And predictably the English fans grab on to like Murray is one of there own, yet they are the first to point out he is actually Scottish when he usually loses.
its team gb and scotland is in great britain, why would we not celebrate his gold medal victory?

its team gb and scotland is in great britain, why would we not celebrate his gold medal victory?
I think he meant more with regards to Murray losing in other tourneys that they're willing to disown him since he's a Scot, but when he wins it's an "English" victory.

That Maroney chick didn't get Gold on the vault.. was not expecting that.

Judges weren't going to let her win anyways. CONSPIRACYYYYYYYYYYY

100m was crazy today. 7 out of 8 guys under ten. The top 3 finishers were all in the bottom half in reaction time if I remember correctly.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
You know the whole 'british when he wins, Scottish when he loses' thing is just a joke anyway, right? He was revered after his Wimbledon loss to Federer, I can't see how you'd think he was disowned.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
That buzzer beater......what a shot Patty Mills! Representing my high school, my city and my country with pride! Taking down the previously unbeaten Russians is a big step for Australia!

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My girl Aliya Mustafina got it done on the bars tonight. <3

Also in diving it looks like China may not sweep if they can't pull their act together in the men's springboard...

Late: Hooray for Gabby winning something, she's a local

Current: I didn't know that Olympic Diving allowed mulligans but thankfully USA > Britain and for once USA > China. Hoorah

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, thoughts on the closing ceremonies? A lot of the music was kinda hit or miss, and I know here in the states NBC just insisted on showing athletes from the Netherlands repeatedly which was strange but overall I thought it was a jolly good show!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)