SPOILERS! Sun & Moon In-Game Discovery Thread

My first was male.
I remember because I spent quite a bit of time searching for a female.
I see. Maybe not always, but skewed in favor of female a bit more. The number of "my first was female" is too big to be 12,5% from reports I've read (and personal experiences).

Marker -- updated to this point. COntent on ultrabeasts has remained in the 'spoiler' tags and i'll patch in any spoiler content afterwards.

Also, not sure what happened to the 'route 8 and lush jungle' but i'll be backing up with a playthrough of Sun, so will fill in the blanks then.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far :)

I see. Maybe not always, but skewed in favor of female a bit more. The number of "my first was female" is too big to be 12,5% from reports I've read (and personal experiences).
They're individual anecdotes, and people who get lucky and find a female in the first encounter are more likely to take notice of that and report it. 12.5 percent isn't really that small of a chance; think about it this way: 12.5 percent of players encountering a Salandit for the first time will encounter a female one (many, many people). The idea that they went to the trouble of altering things for that specific potential encounter (or made it a fixed one that always happens) but only raised the rate of females and didn't make it guaranteed seems...not plausible.

It's pretty irrelevant, but after I beat the Elite Four and restarted in my room, I went to lay in the bed (I've made it my task to sleep in everyone's beds), and then got a small cutscene with Meowth giving me an Awakening. lol

It's pretty irrelevant, but after I beat the Elite Four and restarted in my room, I went to lay in the bed (I've made it my task to sleep in everyone's beds), and then got a small cutscene with Meowth giving me an Awakening. lol
If you sleep in Hapu's bed, the same thing happens with her alola meowth, which is cute.

encountered a team skull grunt with levitate haunter earlier today. he was the second grunt I encountered outside vast poni canyon.

(for some reason the image doesn't load, could anyone help me with this?)

encountered a team skull grunt with levitate haunter earlier today. he was the second grunt I encountered outside vast poni canyon.

(for some reason the image doesn't load, could anyone help me with this?)
Haunter still has Levitate IIRC, it's just Gengar that doesn't.

In-game curiosity, but Golisopod's Emergency Exit doesn't activate in scripted trial battles. Tested it during every encounter during the Ghost trial and it holds up.

In a normal random encounter, the battle would end with you running away. Since trial battles are scripted, they cancelled the effect of the ability instead of giving it its trainer battle effect (making you switch out for another Pokemon).

Not sure if this has been posted in here before but the most important thing we need to realize is that they actually gave the mom a bed for the first time in like 20 years!

Just took a picture of an Absol at Mount Lanalika for 14,093 points. Don't know where there are places for higher scoring pictures, or what the highest possible points you can get in one shot is, though.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay I've caught Tapu Lele like 8 times while leading with a Modest Synchronizer and like 1 Lele had Modest (I've gotten Bold, Adamant, Calm, Quiet, Docile, and Serious otherwise). Might need more testing but either I'm extremely unlucky, doing something wrong, or Synchronize does jack for the Tapus.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Confirming that the trading glitch that allows you to clone your Pokemon still exists, but not sure on the timing (my 3DS just froze and I was forced to turn it off) and you will get a 20+ minute trade 'ban' for disconnecting during a trade.

Last edited:
I think it may be possible to hunt for shiny crabrawler in the berries without having to save first and soft resetting. I didn't feel like battling it to get the berries, so I ran away. When I go to click the berries, the crabrawler is still there. Have done the run away thing about ten times then and it does not go away. It isn't the same pokemon, either, it resets itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)